ImageImageImage

The Official Brandon Bass to Orlando thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 931

Re: Official Brandon Bass Free Agency Thread 

Post#41 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Jul 1, 2009 9:31 pm

You know Hedo would be perfect for this team. He's a PP light. Maybe for another time, people think he wont fit in Portland and our chance will come to offer cap relief and talent.
Xenopathic Investigator
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Xenopathic Investigator » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:37 pm

Nahh I remember his sorry butt from the sacremento. Hedo and Bibby can go die in a fire. Besides he's too expensive for us with a package with bass.

Trade Bass (s&t exp)+ Wright (exp) + 3m (help waive Wright and add filler) for Gortat + Anthony Johnson ( Carlyle reunion)
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#43 » by JES12 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:15 am

One less suiter for Bass.
Link
The Grizzlies have agreed to trade Quentin Richardson to the Clippers for Zach Randolph.

Richardson, whose contract expires after this season, was traded by the Knicks to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic on draft night.

The Clippers no longer had a need for Randolph, whom they acquired from the Knicks last November, with number one pick Blake Griffin inheriting the team's power forward duties.

The deal will not become official until next week.

Detroit..........Charlie V / Maxiell
Memphis........Randolph / Arthur

Looks like OKC and possibly Sacramento are the teams left who can offer more money than Dallas. With Lee and Milsap on the market, I can see OKC taking one of them.

Now it is coming down to playing time or a starting gig.

I still hope we keep him.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#44 » by NEM » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:10 am

i think many on here are underestimating the magic. dutt represents rashard lewis and likes the organization. bass would start for us so that has to be intriguing
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,872

Post#45 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:32 am

Where would he start? You'd move Shard back to the 3 full time? Also starting is not a representative criteria as stated by Brandon himself. But well we'll just see what happens. I sure would love to have him back but in the end its all up to Brandon.
You should update your signature btw;-)
JES12
RealGM

Post#46 » by JES12 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:27 am

RawLewD12 wrote:i think many on here are underestimating the magic. dutt represents rashard lewis and likes the organization. bass would start for us so that has to be intriguing

You guys should sign Rasheed. I think he and Dwight would make a good combo. And that keeps him out of San Antonio.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,976

Post#47 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 6:49 am

how much are you expecting to resign Bass for, if you can retain him?
JES12
RealGM

Post#48 » by JES12 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:11 am

Nyce_1 wrote:how much are you expecting to resign Bass for, if you can retain him?

Haven't heard anything from Cuban. Some won't go over $4 mil, bit I would give him every penny we could to retain him.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#49 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:09 pm

I dont think its that we dont want him over 4million, but anything in that area and above is going to hurt his trade value. If he is staying here long term in Dallas, he doesnt have a role that pays him 5+ million dollars. If we want to trade him, his value will be crap at 5 million dollars. Thats the problem with no good solution.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#50 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jul 2, 2009 6:03 pm

Don't make the mistake of overpaying for a backup. He's good and valuable but not worth a whole lot. I'd just assume have someone else at half the price depending upon what he commands
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#51 » by studcrackers » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:31 pm

eddie sefko on the dmn mavs blog said that leon powe isnt going to be retained by the celtics. now idk if that means his injury is really serious but i think he'd be a good replacement for bass if we lose him
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,064

Post#52 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:41 pm

studcrackers wrote:eddie sefko on the dmn mavs blog said that leon powe isnt going to be retained by the celtics. now idk if that means his injury is really serious but i think he'd be a good replacement for bass if we lose him

Leon is a free man now. He is out until February and he would be an excellent option if we can sign him cheap due to the injury. Memphis, Miami and Orlando are the three teams interested right now.
Basketballmania
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#53 » by Basketballmania » Thu Jul 2, 2009 11:07 pm

What kind of Injury has he?

why not take a chance on Glen Davis?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#54 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 2, 2009 11:10 pm

Basketballmania wrote:What kind of Injury has he?

why not take a chance on Glen Davis?

Torn ACL.

Boston offered Big Baby the QO, so they can match, and Leon will be cheaper.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#55 » by studcrackers » Thu Jul 2, 2009 11:52 pm

they're comparable players but powe shoots a higher fg% and a better rebounder in less minutes
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#56 » by HMFFL » Sat Jul 4, 2009 10:50 pm

A wee bit of news on Brandon Bass

I contacted Brandon Bass' agent, Tony Dutt, by email Saturday and he confirmed he has had conversations with Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins about Bass.

I'd heard some NBA team had offered Bass a five-year deal worth in excess of $25 million. Dutt declined to confirm whether the Bobcats made such an offer, but I'm told elsewhere the Bobcats wouldn't be that team.

It's clear the Bobcats have interest in Bass as their backup power forward. It's complicated, because the Bobcats already have tied up a lot of money in reserves DeSagana Diop, Nazr Mohammed and Vladimir Radmanovic. I'm told one potential solution could involve a sign-and-trade with Bass's previous team, the Dallas Mavericks. Link
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#57 » by SaintofKillers » Sun Jul 5, 2009 1:52 pm

If there's one team I'd be interested in a sign-and-trade with it's Charlotte. If we could get Wallace or Felton (or both) here using Bass, I'll do it. We'd still have Stack and Damp's contracts.
Basketballmania
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#58 » by Basketballmania » Sun Jul 5, 2009 7:36 pm

Damn if i was Cuban i would match a 5 million per year offer asap
Xenopathic Investigator
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#59 » by Xenopathic Investigator » Sun Jul 5, 2009 9:50 pm

SaintofKillers wrote:If there's one team I'd be interested in a sign-and-trade with it's Charlotte. If we could get Wallace or Felton (or both) here using Bass, I'll do it. We'd still have Stack and Damp's contracts.

Thats whats I was thinking. Maybe just Raja Bell because of how well he guards kobe.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#60 » by HMFFL » Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:29 am

Next order of business: With Kidd corralled and Gortat to be a Maverick if Orlando doesn't match the offer, the Mavericks' next priority is Brandon Bass.

President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and Bass' agent, Tony Dutt, both said the negotiations are ongoing. So far, it appears Bass' desire to earn the mid-level exception has not yet materialized.

The Mavericks' offer is believed to have been upgraded recently, perhaps to the $3.5-million neighborhood annually.

"Brandon's still very interested in Dallas," Dutt said. "We're making headway. We're just not there yet."

Bass is one of several power forwards getting interest from several teams around the league, including Orlando and Detroit, among others. Link

3.5 million sounds good to me. I hope Mark and Donnie stand pat and don't go much higher.

Return to Dallas Mavericks