ImageImageImage

The Official Brandon Bass to Orlando thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Re: Official Brandon Bass Free Agency Thread 

Post#61 » by The Sparest » Tue Jul 7, 2009 2:30 am

5 years for 20 with a player option after the 3rd and team option after the 4th sounds good for both sides to me. If Bass can outperform that contract he can opt out after 3 for a payraise from Dallas or elsewhere, and if he regresses the Mavs aren't stuck with a big long term deal they can't move.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
darkwitzki
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#62 » by darkwitzki » Tue Jul 7, 2009 10:11 am

Come back Bass..
We need to add defensive juggernauts!
aschneider970
Senior

Bass Still Interested In Staying With Mavs 

Post#63 » by aschneider970 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:42 pm

Jul 07, 2009 8:11 AM EST

Negotiations between the Mavericks and the agent for Brandon Bass are ongoing.

Dallas is believed to have made an upgraded offer recently, perhaps to $3.5 million annually.

"Brandon's still very interested in Dallas," agent Tony Dutt said. "We're making headway. We're just not there yet."

Bass is reportedly receiving interest from Detroit and Orlando as well.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... with_mavs/

Can he really get more than 3.5 mil/yr from another team? I wouldn't say he is worth that.
Score_It
Sophomore

Re: Bass Still Interested In Staying With Mavs 

Post#64 » by Score_It » Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:45 pm

With the contracts that are being offerred/not offerred to the available players, a number of which that are more appealing than Bass, it's beginning to look like he very well could have to settle for less than the multi-year MLE he was hoping for.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view don't change.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,834

Post#65 » by dirkforpres » Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:46 pm

Im not his biggest fan, but for 3.5 million a season, its a steal.
FIRE JASON KIDD
jlp0807
Junior

Post#66 » by jlp0807 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 2:00 pm

Im not a huge Shawn Marion fan, and not that he would come off the bench, but one would have to assume there wouldn't be too many minutes left for Bass. Marion is a better all around player, even coming off his worse season. He is long and can guard muliple positions. I still hope we try to get bigger and quicker this off season. Denver proved it's a recipe for success.
dtxshooter
Freshman

Post#67 » by dtxshooter » Tue Jul 7, 2009 2:27 pm

good sh it,

fuc kin greedy picky aas mavs fans that doubted everything and will continue too.

I like this news alot, bass is more than capable and his game is still growing and getting better, marion is great fit for our system if we can get him and will be better coming off the bench in my opinion but who knows he might start.

more things are circulating than just bass and marion, lets see what happens..........
C'MON DIRK....LETS GOO!!!!!
Deus
Veteran
And1: 149

Post#68 » by Deus » Tue Jul 7, 2009 4:48 pm

The more days that go by, the more happy I get that Bass is remaining a Mav. From what I've heard, teams aren't offering him their MLE which means they don't want to go over 3 mil a year. Mavs will offer Bass around 15 mil for 4 years and he'll be forced to accept it. Yea!!
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#69 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Tue Jul 7, 2009 5:02 pm

Certain Magic fans have been saying that they are hearing Orlando has offered Bass around $5 mil per season, or maybe the entire MLE.

Who knows though.
Cowdog
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#70 » by Cowdog » Tue Jul 7, 2009 5:08 pm

If they offered him the entire MLE, he should take it and run. The fact that he hasn't makes me doubt the report.
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#71 » by hotrod » Tue Jul 7, 2009 11:07 pm

SaintofKillers wrote:If there's one team I'd be interested in a sign-and-trade with it's Charlotte. If we could get Wallace or Felton (or both) here using Bass, I'll do it. We'd still have Stack and Damp's contracts.

I really doubt the Bobcats would trade a starter for a back up PF. I do like Bass though.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#72 » by JES12 » Wed Jul 8, 2009 12:55 am

dirkforpres wrote:Im not his biggest fan, but for 3.5 million a season, its a steal.

OMG!

Somebody check on DFP. Someone has stole his login info. I fear fould play.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#73 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Jul 8, 2009 3:48 pm

According to the wiretap; Bass has narrowed his choices to Orlando, Portland, and Detroit.

I think he'll end up in Orlando, but we'll see.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#74 » by JES12 » Wed Jul 8, 2009 3:56 pm

Looks like that I will be going up on my sig soon!

:banghead:
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,128

Post#75 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Jul 8, 2009 3:56 pm

With Rasheed Wallace committing to the Boston Celtics last week, teams have turned their attention to the services of Brandon Bass.

ā€œWeā€™ve narrowed it down to about two or three teams,ā€ said Bassā€™s agent Tony Dutt. ā€œOrlando has shown a lot of interest, Detroit is another option, and Portland is up there as well. Weā€™re expecting something to get done in the next couple days.ā€

While he wouldnā€™t pinpoint the exact amount his client is looking for, Dutt did say he doesnā€™t believe Bass will sign for a teamā€™s full mid-level exception. ā€œWhile I think heā€™s worth it, it doesnā€™t look like heā€™s going to get that kind of money. Itā€™s a different market these days and guys are signing for a lot less.ā€

One factor holding up Bass from signing has been Antonio McDyess. ā€œA lot of the teams are waiting to see what McDyess will do,ā€ adds Dutt. ā€œTheyā€™ve shown interest in him and want to wait for him to make a decision first.ā€

With McDyess rumored to be San Antonio bound, Bass could reach a deal with one of these suitors as early as Thursday.

-------------------------

I think this means Bass will be gone :cry:
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Score_It
Sophomore

Post#76 » by Score_It » Wed Jul 8, 2009 4:05 pm

With the cap possibly dropping to $50 mil next year, I wouldn't assume he's gone just yet. There are other pieces (McDyess, etc.) that will fall first and, as teams look to next years payroll with an eye on free agency, they may not be as inclined to throw MLE money at Bass. The $3.5 MIl form Cuban may start to look pretty good.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view don't change.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#77 » by RTM » Wed Jul 8, 2009 6:49 pm

It looks like Dyess is SA bound, so even though we have a similar PF in Maxiell, it looks like the Pistons have Bass pegged as their next option.

If we could get him for our remaining cap (I think we have roughly 2.6, so the deal would have to start at that) then it would be really good value, so I wouldn't complain.

It remains to be seen whether or not we attempt to move a guy like (hopefully) Sharpe or (less likely) Afflalo to get more cap room.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 931

Post#78 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Jul 8, 2009 6:52 pm

I doubt 2.6 mil $ can get it done, even if heavily backloaded. If thats enough to pry him away from Dallas i'm a) mad on Donnie and Mark and b) Orlando is really cheap (I think Bass fits nicely in Orl).
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#79 » by RTM » Wed Jul 8, 2009 6:54 pm

I agree. As of now I think the only advantage we have over other teams is PT. We're desperately thin up front.

The best money (and fit) is likely coming from Orlando IMO.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#80 » by 2011Champs » Wed Jul 8, 2009 7:20 pm

I am not going to sweat Bass coming back. I would love it if he does, but if the Marion S&T happens I just don't see enough minutes for him. Gortat,Damp,Dirk,Marion (SF/PF). Doesn't leave many minutes at the 4 and 5. If Bass leaves signing Singleton is a must.

Return to Dallas Mavericks