Spring Training 

Post#1 » by boogiesdad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:52 am

It's that time of year, any thoughts???
chatard5
Analyst
And1: 2

Re: Spring Training 

Post#2 » by chatard5 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 am

Go Skip! Work on that 2b defense! Pujols, get Manny to sign cheaper in STL so our lineup would be DEADLY, and then trade Ankiel for pitching. Ludwick, Manny, and Rasmus (hopefully a future star) would be awesome. Luckwick, Ankiel, and a good Rasmus works, too. I am sure Duncan will get more PT than he deserves. I am most interested in seeing what happens with Skip, Carp (being healthy and closer or starter), and seeing what happens with Rasmus.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#3 » by old skool » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Having Carpenter show up every fifth day would be awesome. It would take a ton of pressure off the rest of the rotation.

But just as important, as we saw last year, the bull pen needs to be fixed. Lots of decisions to be made there.

oLd sKool
muffler77
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by muffler77 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 am

Can't wait to see how Skip does at 2B and where Carp ends up. Also, eager to see this C - Brian Anderson everyone has been talking about. Supposedly he is a major hitting prospect so we will have a nice backupC/PH. Praying that we got the Khalil of old and that Ludwick is not a flash in the pan. Still think we should have moved Ludwick or Ankiel and signed O-Dog, but it is what it is and if Carp and Wainwright stay healthy all year I think we can be contenders. Pujols should see to that.

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#5 » by boogiesdad » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Carp would be a major boost to our staff. I just hope he stays healthy.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals