ImageImage

Official Cardinals @ Brewers Series Thread

mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Official Cardinals @ Brewers Series Thread 

Post#1 » by mizzoupacers » Tue May 1, 2007 2:59 pm

A belated series thread, I think everyone is still stunned by the death of Josh Hancock.

Monday: Brewers 7, Cardinals 1

Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.: Braden Looper vs. Ben Sheets

Wednesday, 12:05 p.m.: Anthony Reyes vs. Chris Capuano

This week's agenda is three games on the road in Milwaukee, fly to Mississippi for a funeral on Thursday, fly home to play the Astros Friday through Sunday. Now that's a tough week.
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by pacerfan » Wed May 2, 2007 11:37 am

I guess the losses on the field don't matter much in the whole scheme of things. But a win would sure make things seem better.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#3 » by mizzoupacers » Wed May 2, 2007 1:37 pm

I didn't see last night's game, but at the very least we have picked a bad time to be playing the Brewers. I expect another butt-kicking again today, especially with Reyes pitching. He hasn't had a good game yet this season.

In 2002 the team actually played better after Darryl Kile died--40-32 when he died in June, 57-33 for the rest of the season. And Kile was pretty much the leader of the pitching staff, although Matt Morris and Woody Williams were probably our top starters. We won the NL Central and made it as far as the NLCS before losing to the Giants.

I hope that this year's bunch has that kind of season in them, but I just don't know...seems right now like we used up all our good karma last fall.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals