ImageImage

Jeff Weaver back to Cards Rumor

bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Jeff Weaver back to Cards Rumor 

Post#1 » by bigboy1234 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:39 pm

this morning i received the following e-mail from a knowledgeable source: "Yesterday afternoon Jocketty called [Seattle GM Bill] Bavasi and said he'd be willing to take Weaver as long as the M's cover most of the salary."

don't know if it's true, and don't have time to try to confirm it; i do trust the information. in my opinion, he's not the answer . . . . but then, the cards are one sore arm away from having keisler back in the rotation --- or matt ginter, or the not-yet-ready hawksworth or parisi.

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/story/2007/5/11/125732/710

Now, if we do get him back we better not have to give up a decent prospect for him, because last year we gave up Terry Evans for Weaver and Evans has been quite impressive.

Weaver's numbers look a lot worse than he actually is, his xFIP this year is 4.92. And with his time as a Cardinal last year his xFIP was 5.38 makes you think what the hell the Cardinals want to do with him again. I'm really in more of mindset that unless we get him for absolutely nothing and don't have to pay him anything we shouldn't get him. But who knows.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Tue May 15, 2007 9:55 pm

I'm not too excited about him, but if we can get him for nothing, sure, why not?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Knowing Bavasi, he'd probably agree to pay 125% of Weaver's contract and throw in Carlos Truinfel for an autographed copy of "Three Nights in August".
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals