Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Rangers Put Padilla On Waivers 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:44 pm

Wiretap.

Padilla pitched well during is last six outings before facing the Yankees last.

I doubt anyone plans paying this: 07:$9M, 08:$11M, 09:$12M, 10:$12M club option ($1.75M buyout)
beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Re: Rangers Put Padilla On Waivers 

Post#2 » by beefman » Sat Aug 8, 2009 3:37 am

good luck with that salary. it was a horrible contract to start with. a end of the rotation guy getting paid like a starter
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Re: Rangers Put Padilla On Waivers 

Post#3 » by catalyst » Sun Aug 9, 2009 2:52 pm

beefman wrote:good luck with that salary. it was a horrible contract to start with. a end of the rotation guy getting paid like a starter

He is not an end of the rotation guy. He is a 3 type starter. HE has had to be a 2 behind Millwod based on lack of starting pitching depth in Tex. The problem is that he is a knucklehead who only cares about himself and not the greater effort to try to make the post season. I think that if he and Smoltz could change positions, it would be a good day. Not that Smoltz is doing great, but what a great teacher for Holland, Feliz, Hunter, and Nippert. He can tell them the ins and outs of starting and closing in pennant races. I would imagine that Smoltz knows Maddux as Younger brother Greg Maddux and Smoltz were buddies when I was in ATL.

Club option for Padilla in 2010, which would not have been picked up by Rangers before this situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2686441

Return to Texas Rangers