Rangers Considering DH Targets

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Rangers Considering DH Targets 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 6, 2010 4:44 pm

The latest on the Rangers' pursuit of a free agent designated hitter. He suggests the Rangers are very interested in Vladimir Guerrero and Jermaine Dye, and consider Xavier Nady an intriguing name. Gary Sheffield and Jim Thome are also in the mix.

There are issues with Vlad and Dye. With Vlad, it's a matter of agreeing on the financials. Maybe Guerrero expects big money, but I imagine reality will set in a month from now. DH jobs are few and far between. Dye, on the other hand, isn't quite ready to stop playing defense. http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/ ... h_for.html
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Re: Rangers Considering DH Targets 

Post#2 » by cmavswin » Wed Jan 6, 2010 6:40 pm

If it is strictly DH only than Vlad sure would look good behind Josh in the lineup. Should they want to do a 50-50 with Josh DH'ing 60 games than I hope they sign Dye.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#3 » by studcrackers » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:29 pm

evidently we've offered vladdy 7 million, idk where we got the money but i hope he accepts (or takes a couple million less)
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 8, 2010 10:18 pm

For what it's worth....

A source has informed Jim Bowden of Sirius XM that the Rangers are finalizing a one-year contract with Vladimir Guerrero.
It's probably worth noting that Bowden has been wrong before, but he's citing a "source close to" Vlad and it's common knowledge that the 35-year-old slugger has been in contact with the Rangers all winter. If the news is true, he will take over designated duties in Arlington, Texas, where he boasts a 394/.471/.705 batting line in 50 career games. Twitter.com JimBowdenIV
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Post#5 » by cmavswin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Also getting Khalil Greene to be the utility inf at the same time really stacks this team (IF HEALTHY!!!)

Return to Texas Rangers