End of the season thread

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

End of the season thread 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Mon Oct 5, 2009 12:15 am

Well, two second places in a row. Many good things to build on. Now we wait to see if Byrd returns, if another starter can be signed, and if a lefty can be found for the BP. This is on top of this dicey ownership situation.

I have had a thought here in that would Rangers dare try a 6 man rotation next year with the following

Millwood
Feldman
Hunter
McCarthy
Sheets
Holland

That is 27 starts a starter. They could then really push harder and work longer with more time to recover. Just a thought.

More to come. Add it here.
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Re: End of the season thread 

Post#2 » by cmavswin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:20 pm

From what I have read it sounds like McCarthy is on his way out of Arlington also don't be surprised if Milton Bradley comes back to Texas especially if the Cubs eat a decent amount of his contract.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by catalyst » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 pm

I am more worried about what it would cost to make this trade. I heard Millwood. That is a big no. I would rather resign Byrd and move on past Bradley. He will not be playing for a contract, and might be bitter from Chi experience.
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Post#4 » by cmavswin » Tue Dec 1, 2009 6:27 pm

There are reports that Matt Harrison is hitting 95-97 mph in Arizona. Isn't that an improvement from his pre-injury days? What do you see his role being in 2010?

Harrison is regularly between 89-94 mph. More importantly, he is healthy again and his command was getting sharper at the end of the Arizona Fall League. He is a candidate for the Rangers' rotation in 2010.

Here's the deal: The Rangers know that Kevin Millwood and Scott Feldman will be in the rotation. They have told Harrison, Brandon McCarthy, Derek Holland, Neftali Feliz, Tommy Hunter, Doug Mathis, Dustin Nippert, Guillermo Moscoso and C.J. Wilson to all come to camp preparing to be in the starting rotation.

Only three will make it, initially. Some of them will be in the bullpen. Some might start at Triple-A Oklahoma. Some, shockingly, might get hurt. Who knows? Maybe somebody will be included in a trade before then. But right now, they are all candidates for the rotation.

Not at all happy to read that they might want CJ to start. I thought he did rather well as the set up/ 8th inning guy. I prefer to see Nippert as the long man seemed to me he pitched well in that role.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/artic ... p&c_id=tex
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by catalyst » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 pm

New Pitching rotation
Harden
Feldman
COLBY LEWIS???
Feliz
Holland

So says the ticket today. Also, Hamilton re-signed to 1 yr, 3.25 mm contract
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by catalyst » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Looks like the sale is going to occur to the Chuck Greenberg group. According to Nolan, 80% of the owners are local, but I interpret that as not 80% of the money. I wonder who else is in the group. Probably Staubach and some other good sports names. Anyway, we can now spend some moneya nd make some trades. Hicks time was OK, with lots of wandering until Daniels came in as GM.

Return to Texas Rangers