The San Diego Trade

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

dashthemavfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

The San Diego Trade 

Post#1 » by dashthemavfan » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:29 am

I hate to say it, but we got killed in that trade. Aki is a great pitcher, but Chris Young is looking like a stud, and Adrian Gonzalez looked really great the past year. What does everyone else think?
“He can play. He can shoot. He can dribble. He can pass. He’s a great player. Period. No question about it. And if anyone thinks Dirk is not a great player, I’ll punch them in their face.” - Shaquille O'Neal
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#2 » by sosafan70 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:05 am

I think we got raped out of that trade and that Jon Daniels was just trying to make a name for himself.

Just like you're doing trying to be a good mod by starting up discussion. Thanks Dash!

Dallas Mavericks: Where Good over Evil Happens
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#3 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:09 am

i can be a good mod but no one will promote me :cry:
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#4 » by sosafan70 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:16 am

<---been here longer, bigger post count, actually will give a crap since its about the Rangers. I've been dying for a mod spot

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#5 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:59 am

Chris Young would look pretty bad if he weren't pitching in PETCO Park all the time; you'd be cursing him out during Texas homegames.

But yeah, Adrian Gonzalez=STUD.

But who would be closing games if it weren't for Otsuka? Oh, right, Francisco Cordero. :)
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:17 am

not sure if you're saying that cordero would be a good option or not bg but he blew balls that 1st month we coulda contended the whole season had he not blown 5 saves.

he was good in the setup role except his last appearance here i think he gave up like 4 runs to the yankees.

we wouldve wasted adrian gonzalez though buck hated him hell we're doing the same thing with jason botts but he doesnt have the potential of adrian. but he does have good plate discipline and kills lefties.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#7 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:13 pm

I read somewhere that Chris Young has a higher ERA at home than on the road. I do agree SD got the best of the deal. Young is mentioned as a possible Cy Young candidate and A-Gon is going to have a breakout year.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#8 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:14 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Chris Young would look pretty bad if he weren't pitching in PETCO Park all the time; you'd be cursing him out during Texas homegames.

But yeah, Adrian Gonzalez=STUD.

But who would be closing games if it weren't for Otsuka? Oh, right, Francisco Cordero. :)

Cordero plays for the Brew Crew now. With Gagne injured, Texas is lucky to have Otsuka as the backup closer. I would've let Otsuka be the primary closer in the first place and have Gagne setup.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#9 » by catalyst » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:42 pm

It is jsut sad that a local kid was thought to have topped out. He was not, and can be capable of more. Otsuka has potential, but young is executing.
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#10 » by sosafan70 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:01 pm

Yeah, I remember his rookier year Chris Young was dominant on the road

Return to Texas Rangers