C.J. Wilson

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,205

C.J. Wilson 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:54 pm

The Braves, looking for left-handed relief help, are working on a deal with Texas for lefty C.J. Wilson. ... Greinke isn't the only available Royals reliever. The Cubs, Dodgers and Brewers have expressed interest in former Yankee Octavio Dotel, and lefty Jimmy Gobble is drawing interest from several places

attractive to teams frustrated by the asking prices for relievers such as Dotel and Texas' Eric Gagne

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.s ... xml&coll=1
sideshowking24
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by sideshowking24 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:36 am

We would be completely out of our minds if we were to give up C.J.

I don't really trust trade rumors though. By the time the rumors reach the fans, theres really not that much truth left to them. I'll believe that one when it happens.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,976

Post#3 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:28 pm

I hope the Rangers aren't stupid enough to trade any of their young pitchers.
nowitzness41
Ballboy

CJ Wilson 

Post#4 » by nowitzness41 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:22 am

I wouldn't want to see CJ go. I've liked him since he first came up with the Rangers, and he's really starting to put everything together. Package Gagne or Aki-O with Teixeira, and keep as many of our young guys around as possible. There's no sense in trading a young, talented lefty when you're a team in need of pitching as bad as the Rangers are. AO and Gagne aren't going to help us win 2-3 years from now, but guys like CJ and Joaquin Benoit will. Just package one of the older guys with Mr Cancer and get younger talent in here ASAP.
andymoteach
Freshman

Post#5 » by andymoteach » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:27 pm

I live in Chicago and the word here is that the Cubs are interested in trading Felix Pie for CJ and Laird.

Pie is very good and a future cornerstone if they get him in CF. He also would be a lot cheaper than Torri Hunter.
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#6 » by sosafan70 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:56 pm

I think the Ranger already set on getting Torri Hunter, a proven Centerfield talent, this offseason rather than trade their starting catcher and a very promising lefty for a centerfield prospect.

Besides, there's no way we should give up CJ Wilson. I think we need to start putting CJ back into a starting role to see what he can do.

Dallas Mavericks: Where Good over Evil Happens
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#7 » by studcrackers » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

id think id do the deal for pie. he's a top prospect in a position this Cf has really never had.

i dont want to sign hunter. he's having his best year in a contract year (shocker there) he'll be 32 or 33 by next year he's going to get overpaid and id guarantee he's not matching his production next year.

and laird wont be the starting catcher for long if the rangers are smart.

cj would be tough to give up and would probably be the last bullpen guy id want to give up but at the end of the day id probably do the deal.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
sideshowking24
Junior

Post#8 » by sideshowking24 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:41 pm

thats a tough one but if giving up CJ means getting Pie, which in turn would keep us from getting Hunter then I would probably do the deal too. Although Pie is not proven yet, I don't think he's got that far to go before he becomes at least a dependable everyday CF, and at this point, the Rangers haven't even had that. Byrd, Pie & Cruz (I think he turns it around) would look a lot better to me in the outfield, than Byrd, Hunter, Cruz. Getting Hunter would just put us in the same position we are in now trying to find a CF in a couple of years where as Pie would be around for a lot longer.
nowitzness41
Ballboy

Post#9 » by nowitzness41 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:19 am

Laird has to go at this point, so I think the Rangers have to explore any and all options, and it seems the Cubs are the most likely destination at this point.

Every decent starting pitcher the Rangers ever try to develop eventually becomes a reliever anyways. While I'd like to see him stay, losing CJ wouldn't be a huge deal, because Volquez, Diamond and several others will probably be here holding the down the bullpen soon enough LOL...If it meant getting a top flight OF prospect (something this team desperately needs) like Pie, I'd take a very hard look at making this move...

Return to Texas Rangers