ImageImageImageImageImage

Get the Brooms out - Jays vs Phillies (May 7 - May 9)

Moderator: JaysRule15

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,044

Re: Get the Brooms out - Jays vs Phillies (May 7 - May 9) 

Post#61 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 8, 2024 3:40 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:We should have kept Anthopolous... I didn't agree with all his moves, and he did empty the cupboards of the farm system in attempts to compete. However, he was/is proactive, never shied away from the media and things were always exciting with him in charge. I remember he'd be a guest on shows like Bob McCowen and Tim & Sid all the time, and always was a straight shooter with his vision and his moves, it was so refreshing to listen to.

My dream result would be clean house from Shapiro and Atkins down, and hand AA the keys, have him ride back into town as the returning hero
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,139

Post#62 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 8, 2024 3:45 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:We should have kept Anthopolous... I didn't agree with all his moves, and he did empty the cupboards of the farm system in attempts to compete. However, he was/is proactive, never shied away from the media and things were always exciting with him in charge. I remember he'd be a guest on shows like Bob McCowen and Tim & Sid all the time, and always was a straight shooter with his vision and his moves, it was so refreshing to listen to.

That's the biggest lie Shapiro sold you.

Who got Vladdy Jr into our farm? AA

AA turned our farm into real value on the playing field like Josh Donaldson who could have been easily sold after 2016 for a haul of blue chip prospects to replenish the farm.

Don't perpetuate Mark Shapiro's lie. That horse face is a muthafuken liar
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,863

Post#63 » by Raptors Realtor » Wed May 8, 2024 5:11 am

DelAbbot wrote:

AA turned our farm into real value on the playing field like Josh Donaldson who could have been easily sold after 2016 for a haul of blue chip prospects to replenish the farm.

Uhh no, chill out... I make my own opinions based on observations, not listen to what someone with an agenda and/or a member of a forum perpetuates. The cupboards were pretty bare after all his trades, but it was with an eye on being serious contenders, which we were, not pretenders like we are now. And even if we didn't become Champs, man it was an exciting time to be a Jays fan... AA is my kind of GM.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Post#64 » by JN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:20 pm

DelAbbot wrote:

The following is not a defence of Atkins / Shapiro. They need to be pushed out. They arguably had the team in a fairly good spot in 2020/2021 (at MLB and below) and seemingly have done everything wrong to push it or sustain it since then. And have had a very good buget since then. Either in trades, acquisitions, analytic decisions, choosing who to keep / let go... and the biggest factor being the consistently failing growth of our actual young players (top prospects or young major leaguers) who constantly underwhelm or just regress. And they failed to be proactive when needed to be .

Nor is it a denial of the greatness that AA has done since leaving Toronto, or that he would be better now as the leader of the Jays I'm sure he would. And not that he did bad here. I would love to still have him as its clear the guy has consistently developed, learned and is now at the top of his craft. He is also more proactive when he feels there is a need.

That being said your one sided presentation of the job that AA did in Toronto has some real holes in it and is faulty in my view

1) You point out that Shatkins was aided by inheriting Guerrero. Who got 2 of the 3 pillars onto our 2015/2016 playoff teams (Bautista and Encarnacion). JP Ricciardi (by mostly luck)

Neither AA or Shatkins inherited a situation with great prospects / controllable MLB players.

2) You point to needing to trade Donaldson out a year after AA left. If AA did such a great job building a sustainable product why are we then feeling the need to trade Donaldson after 2016? (and no Shatkins didn't destroy the team in 2016 - it was just an old declining product)

Why were we such a mess after the 2016 season - the biggest reason was because AA was unable to draft / develop / promote ONE SIGNLE above average position player in his entire reign here that was still with the team in 2015 or 2016 (best was Pillar). As a result our lineup quickly became a declining aging mess - we also had severe budget constraints at the time (Thanks Rogers) so such a failure to develop anything in the lineup was very problematic. As an aside, it's a shame that we now have the budget on our side, and our current clowns are blowing it.

3) You point to Donaldson trade in as effective us of our farm. And that was an absolutely brilliant deal that obviously put us over the top in 2015 Who traded prospects for Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes, and RA Dickey when we tried to move pieces in earlier. That was wasting of the great contracts we had with Bautista/Encarnacion. He had some big misses too. But I like that he swung hard though.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#65 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 5:44 pm

Why did this stupid team move Davis down in the lineup
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
JN
RealGM

Post#66 » by JN » Wed May 8, 2024 6:02 pm

I feel not taking the out on that sacrifice might come back to bite us in the butt.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#67 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 6:02 pm

The idiot puppet manager just asked the umpires to take away an out from the Phillies and it is working out as you’d expect
JN
RealGM

Post#68 » by JN » Wed May 8, 2024 6:03 pm

JN wrote:I feel not taking the out on that sacrifice might come back to bite us in the butt.

And as I hit submit, Bassitt throws a good pitch that gets jammed for a base hit.
Just a case of bad luck, as it was the right call at 0-2 to ask him to back to the plate, but the team has nothing going write for it.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#69 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Irrelevant to the Jays
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,705

Post#70 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 8, 2024 6:43 pm

How did they hire John Schneider?

I guess same way we hired Atkins

BOTH MORONS
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#71 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 6:50 pm

Have we figured out why Davis is batting 7 yet
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#72 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 7:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#73 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 8:07 pm

lol Romano
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,569

Post#74 » by Brinbe » Wed May 8, 2024 8:11 pm

they needed that one but think it only staves off the inevitable
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#75 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 8:12 pm

Brinbe wrote:they needed that one but think it only staves off the inevitable

Another Manoah start is always a few days away
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,214

Post#76 » by C Court » Wed May 8, 2024 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,456

Post#77 » by Lateral Quicks » Wed May 8, 2024 8:46 pm

At least they're playing Schneider now. This isn't rocket science. When Varsho and Kiermaier are in the lineup, Schneider gets 2B. It's as simple as that.

It would certainly help the offense if our two best hitters - Schneider and Jansen - hit in the top half, but at least they're both in the lineup regularly now. And to think this ridiculous organization was trying to Schneider into a platoon role based on next to no data.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#78 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed May 8, 2024 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,139

Post#79 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 8, 2024 9:11 pm

JN wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

The following is not a defence of Atkins / Shapiro. They need to be pushed out. They arguably had the team in a fairly good spot in 2020/2021 (at MLB and below) and seemingly have done everything wrong to push it or sustain it since then. And have had a very good buget since then. Either in trades, acquisitions, analytic decisions, choosing who to keep / let go... and the biggest factor being the consistently failing growth of our actual young players (top prospects or young major leaguers) who constantly underwhelm or just regress. And they failed to be proactive when needed to be .

Nor is it a denial of the greatness that AA has done since leaving Toronto, or that he would be better now as the leader of the Jays I'm sure he would. And not that he did bad here. I would love to still have him as its clear the guy has consistently developed, learned and is now at the top of his craft. He is also more proactive when he feels there is a need.

That being said your one sided presentation of the job that AA did in Toronto has some real holes in it and is faulty in my view

1) You point out that Shatkins was aided by inheriting Guerrero. Who got 2 of the 3 pillars onto our 2015/2016 playoff teams (Bautista and Encarnacion). JP Ricciardi (by mostly luck)

Neither AA or Shatkins inherited a situation with great prospects / controllable MLB players.

2) You point to needing to trade Donaldson out a year after AA left. If AA did such a great job building a sustainable product why are we then feeling the need to trade Donaldson after 2016? (and no Shatkins didn't destroy the team in 2016 - it was just an old declining product)

Why were we such a mess after the 2016 season - the biggest reason was because AA was unable to draft / develop / promote ONE SIGNLE above average position player in his entire reign here that was still with the team in 2015 or 2016 (best was Pillar). As a result our lineup quickly became a declining aging mess - we also had severe budget constraints at the time (Thanks Rogers) so such a failure to develop anything in the lineup was very problematic. As an aside, it's a shame that we now have the budget on our side, and our current clowns are blowing it.

3) You point to Donaldson trade in as effective us of our farm. And that was an absolutely brilliant deal that obviously put us over the top in 2015 Who traded prospects for Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes, and RA Dickey when we tried to move pieces in earlier. That was wasting of the great contracts we had with Bautista/Encarnacion. He had some big misses too. But I like that he swung hard though.

I'm not going to debate every single AA move with you.

In general, AA messed up in the Marlin trade (pushed in his chips too early) and the Dickey trade (biggest blunder of his tenure), but he did it with farm assets he accumulated (he drafted Noah Syndergard).

What Shapiro is accusing AA of is: AA spending farm assets AA accumulated and leaving Shapiro with a barren farm. That's total gaslighting - AA spent most of his farm assets (mostly inefficiently, but also super efficiently in the Donaldson trade and Price trade) for the 2015-2016 run which is second only to Gillick's run. That made Rogers a boatload of regular season and playoff revenue - who in their right mind would blame AA for spending farm assets AA accumulated turning them into wins and revenue?

Shapiro is full of sschit. He deserves to inherit nothing from AA.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,675

Post#80 » by johanliebert » Wed May 8, 2024 9:43 pm

Id rathr Schneider solidify the bottom half of the order. If Vladdy or Bo aren’t hitting this team goes nowhere.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays