ImageImageImageImageImage

BLUE JAYS(17-13) at Yankees(20-8) | May 10-11

Moderator: JaysRule15

Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Re: BLUE JAYS(17-13) at Yankees(20-8) | May 10-11 

Post#101 » by Boogie! » Thu May 12, 2022 1:22 am

Qhats wrong with berrios
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,200

Post#102 » by DelAbbot » Thu May 12, 2022 2:53 am

Boogie! wrote:Qhats wrong with berrios

with that keyboard I expected Cherrios
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#103 » by s e n s i » Thu May 12, 2022 3:53 am

polo007 wrote:
"I’m proud of my team for coming back after all of that,” Montoyo said. “Believe me, we could have said, ‘Oh, the umpires are against us’ and all of that stuff. It’s actually the other way around. I’m proud of my team for coming back in a game like this.”

he was proud that his team "came back" to score 2 runs after their pitcher was wrongfully tossed from the game, even though they ultimately ended up losing???

on the near-infinite spectrum of adversarial events a team could possibly face, the one where an average reliever is told to hit the showers is mild at best and immediately forgotten about at worst. a **** co-ed beer league softball team that doesn't even have jerseys could rally for 2 runs after an actual unfortunate situation on any given tuesday night. and here's charlie about to break down in tears like a proud papa watching his 5-year old daughter score her first goal in organized soccer.

freezies and capri sun for everyone as long as they play hard and have fun.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,200

Post#104 » by DelAbbot » Thu May 12, 2022 4:33 am

s e n s i wrote:
polo007 wrote:
"I’m proud of my team for coming back after all of that,” Montoyo said. “Believe me, we could have said, ‘Oh, the umpires are against us’ and all of that stuff. It’s actually the other way around. I’m proud of my team for coming back in a game like this.”

he was proud that his team "came back" to score 2 runs after their pitcher was wrongfully tossed from the game, even though they ultimately ended up losing???

on the near-infinite spectrum of adversarial events a team could possibly face, the one where an average reliever is told to hit the showers is mild at best and immediately forgotten about at worst. a **** co-ed beer league softball team that doesn't even have jerseys could rally for 2 runs after an actual unfortunate situation on any given tuesday night. and here's charlie about to break down in tears like a proud papa watching his 5-year old daughter score her first goal in organized soccer.

montoyo is the complete opposite of this

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,854

Post#105 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 am

guvernator wrote:Montoyo is done before may ends... (I'm assuming they are about to get swept at the trop). This team's best players have got too comfortable with all the positive press they received in the offseason and Montoyo never came across as a taskmaster to begin with.

Montoyo is here for life.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,765

Post#106 » by spykelee » Thu May 12, 2022 5:42 am

In struggles like this I feel like we really miss Semien. He was somebody who just always grinded and had professional at bats. Was always the guy getting things going with a hit or driving in some RISP, alleviating the pressure. We have some very good hitters obviously, but outside of Springer, I'm not sure we have anyone else in the same mould. That sorta ability to shut out the noise and pressure and come up big. The leadership. Our young guys need to take a step forward with that.
Devis214
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#107 » by Devis214 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 am

s e n s i wrote:
polo007 wrote:

on the near-infinite spectrum of adversarial events a team could possibly face, the one where an average reliever is told to hit the showers is mild at best and immediately forgotten about at worst. a **** co-ed beer league softball team that doesn't even have jerseys could rally for 2 runs after an actual unfortunate situation on any given tuesday night. and here's charlie about to break down in tears like a proud papa watching his 5-year old daughter score her first goal in organized soccer kicks.

Yeah, right Jays :wink:
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,320

Post#108 » by Mehar » Thu May 12, 2022 10:58 am

spykelee wrote:In struggles like this I feel like we really miss Semien. He was somebody who just always grinded and had professional at bats. Was always the guy getting things going with a hit or driving in some RISP, alleviating the pressure. We have some very good hitters obviously, but outside of Springer, I'm not sure we have anyone else in the same mould. That sorta ability to shut out the noise and pressure and come up big. The leadership. Our young guys need to take a step forward with that.

I liked Semien too. However, the Jays made the right move not matching the 7 year 175 million offer that Texas gave him. Semien is also hitting .165 in the season so far. He will definitely improve on that number, but given the fact the Jays have to also worry about locking some players long-term in the future, giving 7 years to Semien was not something I was comfortable doing.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,463

Post#109 » by Lateral Quicks » Thu May 12, 2022 12:32 pm

Yeah, the Jays made the right call in not re-signing Ray and Semien. Both had what are likely to be career years, and you never want to pay based on peak performance.

Fun fact #1: Raimel Tapia is a better hitter than Marcus Semien so far this year.

Fun fact #2: Marcus Semien has not yet hit a HR this year in 128 PA. He hit 45 last year.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,320

Post#110 » by Mehar » Thu May 12, 2022 3:55 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:Yeah, the Jays made the right call in not re-signing Ray and Semien. Both had what are likely to be career years, and you never want to pay based on peak performance.

Fun fact #1: Raimel Tapia is a better hitter than Marcus Semien so far this year.

Fun fact #2: Marcus Semien has not yet hit a HR this year in 128 PA. He hit 45 last year.

I agree. I said it at that time, that Texas will regret giving Semien a 7 year deal for 25 million a year. He had a career year, and capitalized on that. People are forgetting that two years ago, Semien hit .223. He benefited by having Guerrero, Bichette, Hernandez, and when healthy Springer- in the lineup. Management made the correct move acquiring Chapman at 12 million a year for the next two years, over 7 years at 25 million for Semien.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,249

Post#111 » by C Court » Thu May 12, 2022 10:25 pm

Matty D in the booth at the at the Trop.

With Buck on the IR and Dan not wanting to call all the Jays games, I was wondering when Matty D would appear on Jays TV.
Read on Twitter
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,765

Post#112 » by spykelee » Thu May 12, 2022 10:26 pm

Oh no doubt we made the right call not giving Marcus that contract and I haven't looked at his stats or anything like that. I just know that a bunch of times last season he was the release valve for this offense. The guy who took the pressure off everyone else and got things going..that calming professional influence. We have a bunch of great hitters but I'd say only Springer brings those qualities to our lineup..it's magnified when we're struggling like this.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM Forums mobile app
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#113 » by s e n s i » Fri May 13, 2022 9:06 pm

C Court wrote:Matty D in the booth at the at the Trop.

With Buck on the IR and Dan not wanting to call all the Jays games, I was wondering when Matty D would appear on Jays TV.
Read on Twitter

matt, as biased as his raps commentating can get, has always done a great job calling jays games. actually a little more excited about this series now that i know he's in the booth.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,249

Post#114 » by C Court » Fri May 13, 2022 9:08 pm

Turns out Dan is in Syracuse for his son's graduation and Pat has a son graduating this weekend as well.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors

Return to Toronto Blue Jays