ImageImageImageImageImage

Battle of the Birds

Moderator: JaysRule15

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,825

Re: Battle of the Birds 

Post#101 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 4:13 pm

SharoneWright wrote:Short of winning the division, hosting the Mariners for 3 is about the best scenario we/and upper brass could have wanted.

I like Seattle in the WC game, but I'd much prefer NYY to Houston in the DS.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#102 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 4:16 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:Wait a second. So all 3 games will be played in Toronto? If so I think we have a very good chance of advancing. Need to win that first game at home. Home crowd noise will be HUGE! The next series against Houston will be tough however.

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

Yep. We have no excuses if we lose to the Mariners. They suck AND we have home field.

If we get Tampa, then a loss is very possible, even at home. But they seem to be throwing their remaining games, so looks like it'll be Seattle (they just need to stop sucking for a moment and win one or two games to lock in the seeding).
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#103 » by Parataxis » Tue Oct 4, 2022 4:29 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:Short of winning the division, hosting the Mariners for 3 is about the best scenario we/and upper brass could have wanted.

Why's that?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,781

Post#104 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Oct 4, 2022 4:49 pm

Parataxis wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Why's that?

Houston's better.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#105 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:02 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Parataxis wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Why's that?

Houston's better.

NYY has been a very beatable baseball team for half a season now.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#106 » by Parataxis » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:05 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Parataxis wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Why's that?

Houston's better.

All the more reason to want the Astros in the ALDS. ALDS is a five game series. Baseball is a high variance sport. The longer the series, the greater the likelihood of the better team winning. The shorter the series, the better chances of pulling off an upset.

We can take the Yankees in 7 games more easily than taking the Astros in 7.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,756

Post#107 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:20 pm

It will be Mariners and we better hope its them. Rays play playoff baseball and will piss us off. Mariners havent been there. If we play the way we are capable - we should win 2-0

Tonights game should be postponed which is good news - no double header tomorrow.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#108 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,781

Post#109 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:24 pm

Parataxis wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
Parataxis wrote:
Why's that?

Houston's better.

All the more reason to want the Astros in the ALDS. ALDS is a five game series. Baseball is a high variance sport. The longer the series, the greater the likelihood of the better team winning. The shorter the series, the better chances of pulling off an upset.

We can take the Yankees in 7 games more easily than taking the Astros in 7.

I'd rather some other team get lucky and take them out in a best of 5.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#110 » by s e n s i » Tue Oct 4, 2022 6:41 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:Wait a second. So all 3 games will be played in Toronto? If so I think we have a very good chance of advancing. Need to win that first game at home. Home crowd noise will be HUGE! The next series against Houston will be tough however.

Yep. We have no excuses if we lose to the Mariners. They suck AND we have home field.

If we get Tampa, then a loss is very possible, even at home. But they seem to be throwing their remaining games, so looks like it'll be Seattle (they just need to stop sucking for a moment and win one or two games to lock in the seeding).

interesting to see where the expectations are now. setting the table already to rip into the front office, coaching staff and players if they can't win a best of 3 where literally anything could happen?

a lot had this team at WS or bust before the season but when it comes to the MLB, i think once you get a seat at the table, you kinda just hope to get premium hands only and that goes for every team.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#111 » by linery88 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 7:05 pm

Schneider has done a good enough job to come back.No Guriel,or Espinal,and winning meaningful games,and the team is starting to play with Schneiders personality.Right now he is the the best manager for this team.The incident with Vladdys running mistake v Ny has turned into a good thing for this team.The timing couldn,t have been better.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#112 » by hyper316 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 8:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Magical lineup

Respect to Merrifield getting the leadoff spot

Vladdy doesn't belong out there

Watch Zimmer BA go below 0.100
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#113 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 4, 2022 9:16 pm

game gonna get cancelled
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#114 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 4, 2022 9:17 pm

Looks like Wilmer is wrong. as usual

Read on Twitter
Michael Bradley
General Manager
And1: 1,923

Post#115 » by Michael Bradley » Tue Oct 4, 2022 9:25 pm

I wouldn't dismiss the Mariners. They will be running out 3 of Castillo, Gilbert, Kirby, and Ray, and have a strong bullpen. I would still pick the Jays in that series, but a 3 game series is still very much an "anything can happen" scenario in baseball, and Julio is a difference maker if he's healthy. But yes, I'd much rather face the Mariners than the Rays.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#116 » by hyper316 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 9:31 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Looks like Wilmer is wrong. as usual

Read on Twitter

Can't stand this guy

Read on Twitter
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,608

Post#117 » by HangTime » Tue Oct 4, 2022 10:52 pm

IF we do get the Mariners in the WC series, do you think the west coast fans will go to Seattle for the watch party?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/fans-can-watch-mariners-wild-card-games-at-t-mobile-park/
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#118 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 4, 2022 11:23 pm

HangTime wrote:IF we do get the Mariners in the WC series, do you think the west coast fans will go to Seattle for the watch party?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/fans-can-watch-mariners-wild-card-games-at-t-mobile-park/

lmao.

yes.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#119 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Oct 5, 2022 12:00 am

Read on Twitter
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Post#120 » by Hottie McShotty » Wed Oct 5, 2022 12:12 am

s e n s i wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

interesting to see where the expectations are now. setting the table already to rip into the front office, coaching staff and players if they can't win a best of 3 where literally anything could happen?

a lot had this team at WS or bust before the season but when it comes to the MLB, i think once you get a seat at the table, you kinda just hope to get premium hands only and that goes for every team.

You bet most of us will be ripping into the front office! No excuses. You're at home and you are the better team. WS or bust! I agree with Raps in 4.

The last time we won a WS was in 1993. That's a long time my friends.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays