GT: Cubs at Blue Jays(Aug 11-13)

Moderator: JaysRule15

Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Re: GT: Cubs at Blue Jays(Aug 11-13) 

Post#161 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:41 pm

tripa wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:and of course Kirk strikes out. he sucks!

Hes been the Jays best hitter in August

That tells you how much this team sucks if he's been your best hitter.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,754

Post#162 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:43 pm

went to the game , scored a few bobbleheads

great ceremony

game was shyt
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,413

Post#163 » by TOStateofMind » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:45 pm

such an uninspiring group out there
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#164 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:49 pm

TOStateofMind wrote:such an uninspiring group out there

I think this has an argument for being the least enjoyable Toronto team sports season I've ever watched. They are just so good at finding ways to lose/underachieve.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#165 » by Boogie! » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:50 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
tripa wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:and of course Kirk strikes out. he sucks!

Hes been the Jays best hitter in August

That tells you how much this team sucks if he's been your best hitter.

Star players not performing. Story of Toronto sports.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,413

Post#166 » by TOStateofMind » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:57 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:

I think this has an argument for being the least enjoyable Toronto team sports season I've ever watched. They are just so good at finding ways to lose/underachieve.

Its certainly up there. Even when they win its a struggle and never convincing.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,595

Post#167 » by bluerap23 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:26 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:

You've missed quite a few leaf seasons
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#168 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:33 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

You've missed quite a few leaf seasons

When you have no expectations for the Leafs, it’s pretty hard to ever be disappointed by anything that ever happens.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,299

Post#169 » by Mehar » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:36 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:Yet another pathetic loss. They should be on the outside looking in by the end of the night.

Seattle is percentage points ahead of Toronto and is now in the WC position. Toronto is already looking outside, and Seattle has 3 games in hand.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#170 » by Mehar » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:48 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Worse at what? Certainly not baseball.

Varsho sucks but plays gold glove defense so it's more acceptable.

Why should it be more acceptable? Varsho is one of the worst hitters in all of MLB. I'll take an outfielder who's defense is average and who can hit better any time of the season. It compounds the suckage that we ended up trading for him for a top catching prospect.

After seeing Varsho at the plate this year, I would definitely take an outfielder whose defense is simply average, and who is a much better hitter. I love Varsho's defense, but he still has to come to bat 4 times a game, and having one of the worst hitting outfielders in all of MLB in your lineup on a regular basis is not a luxury this team can afford.

Other excellent teams like the Braves under Alex Anthopolous might be able to afford that luxury or the Dodgers. I would definitely try to shop Varsho this off-season. He has still 3 years left of Arbitration, and another team might think they can possibly fix him offensively.
Michael Bradley
General Manager
And1: 1,923

Post#171 » by Michael Bradley » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:50 pm

Seattle also has the tiebreaker due to divisional record so all they have to do is tie the Jays and they are technically ahead. I don’t see the Jays finishing ahead of the Mariners based on remaining schedule but I guess we will see how it shakes out.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#172 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:56 pm

Michael Bradley wrote:Seattle also has the tiebreaker due to divisional record so all they have to do is tie the Jays and they are technically ahead. I don’t see the Jays finishing ahead of the Mariners based on remaining schedule but I guess we will see how it shakes out.

They probably shouldn’t have given away 3 late leads against that team this season.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#173 » by Mehar » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:03 am

Michael Bradley wrote:Seattle also has the tiebreaker due to divisional record so all they have to do is tie the Jays and they are technically ahead. I don’t see the Jays finishing ahead of the Mariners based on remaining schedule but I guess we will see how it shakes out.

Seattle is also spending 80 million less in payroll than the Jays. Mariners also have a much easier schedule also, but like you said we will see what happens; but Seattle is definitely now in the Driver's seat with the way they have been playing these last 3 weeks.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,102

Post#174 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:06 am

Ranger One wrote:
Raider917 wrote:not pinch hitting jansen for kirk and belt for biggio tells me you dont even want to win

This has been the case all year long. The whole mentality of this entire team is just business as usual, no drive, no ambition, no urgency to win. The fact that Schneider has been resting key starters on a daily basis while in the stretch run of a wild card race tells you all you need to know about this teams priorities.

Such a contrast from the veteran teams of 2015 and 2016 we saw highlighted today. Those guys played with fire and passion. And granted, had more talent
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#175 » by Boogie! » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:42 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Ranger One wrote:
Raider917 wrote:not pinch hitting jansen for kirk and belt for biggio tells me you dont even want to win

This has been the case all year long. The whole mentality of this entire team is just business as usual, no drive, no ambition, no urgency to win. The fact that Schneider has been resting key starters on a daily basis while in the stretch run of a wild card race tells you all you need to know about this teams priorities.

Such a contrast from the veteran teams of 2015 and 2016 we saw highlighted today. Those guys played with fire and passion. And granted, had more talent

Baseball doesn't strike me as a fire and passion type sport impacting performance. You can't tell me these guys aren't trying. They just suck. Guys like varsho are doing their best, he just sucks at hitting. You know he has passion because his defense is always on point, and he's always hustling around the bases. Hitting is tough and our guys just don't do it well enough. No amount of fire and passion is gonna fix having a Good eye, good bat speed, hand eye coordination and the ability to recognize pitches and make good contact.

You can't tell me vlad went from mvp to average hitter in a season just because he lost fire and passion. Same with springer, manoah, kirk, etc. They are just sucking and there's nothing else you can do about it. In fact they're probably pressing so hard that it's getting to them a bit.

To me the biggest disappointment is still guerrero, to have the type of akillset he does, the hype he had coming into the league, the numbers he put up in the minors, legit he was supposed To be a generational hitter. And other than 2021 it has not really translated. In the minors he literally looked like a combo of Juan soto and Jose bautista. Amazing eye, power and contact. Watching his at Bats now, he just looks lost. Striking out way more than he walks, swinging at pitches well out of the zone, unable to identify and mash meatballs down the middle. It's befuddling. He was must see tv at one point, and now he's no better than a Dansby Swanson.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#176 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:50 am

Read on Twitter

These were terrible ABs. He's a mess right now.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,595

Post#177 » by bluerap23 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:48 pm

Another putrid lineup Schneider/Shatkins. Whoever is responsible...
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,953

Post#178 » by JN » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:03 pm

Amazing - the Espinal, Biggio, DeJong Infield once again.

If I needed something to convince me to go biking this afternoon this might be it -- might listen on the radio.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,458

Post#179 » by Ranger One » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:14 pm

JN wrote:Amazing - the Espinal, Biggio, DeJong Infield once again.

If I needed something to convince me to go biking this afternoon this might be it -- might listen on the radio.

Schneider forfeiting another game. Cool cool.

Blue Jays struggling to score runs...lets run out the 3 worst hitters in all of Baseball.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#180 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:52 pm

And a Belt error costs them two runs already. That should be it looking at this awful lineup.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays