ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this!

Moderator: JaysRule15

Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Re: Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this! 

Post#161 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Oct 7, 2023 11:48 pm

Ranger One wrote:Man this Astros/Twins game was so fun to watch! Imagine actually hitting homeruns in the postseason! what a feeling!

Other teams have hitters who pull fastballs.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,458

Re: Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this! 

Post#162 » by Ranger One » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:20 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Ranger One wrote:Man this Astros/Twins game was so fun to watch! Imagine actually hitting homeruns in the postseason! what a feeling!

Other teams have hitters who pull fastballs.

Wouldnt surprise me if there was a team wide mandate that came down from the FO at the beginning of the season to condition our hitters to only hit the ball exclusively to the opposite field. Its probably why everyone was constantly late on every fastball and why we saw so many popouts.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#163 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:31 am

Raps in 4 wrote:

And this is why Rogers can get away with a **** product. Upvoted comments from homers on Reddit:

Shapiro and Atkins have put together a consistent playoff team after only a 3 year complete rebuild. The’ve also breathed new life into the stadium so things are booming on the business side. Baseball is hard. They overdid the analytics for sure on the pitching side but 18 other teams would have killed to be in this position.

very nice Rosie thanks for your input! anyway...

One day I hope Rosie learns to be embarrassed by the articles she vomits up

Jfc another article like this? Stop being a victim. Baseball is a product, if it’s not for you anymore then stop watching it

That last comment has been regurgitated by casual fans all season. Rogers loves to hear it.

I never go on Reddit, but I just went to read it now and it's hard to believe an entire collection of this fanbase could be so out of touch with reality. A great many were praising Ross for apparently being honest/specific/direct today. Bizarre stuff.
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#164 » by polo007 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:50 am

Ross Atkins discusses Toronto Blue Jays playoff exit, controversial decision to pull Berrios early in Game 2 - TSN.ca

Toronto Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins spoke to the media on Saturday about Toronto's early exit from the playoffs, the controversial decision to pull Jose Berrios early in Game 2 and what the future might look like for the team.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#165 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:54 am

polo007 wrote:Ross Atkins discusses Toronto Blue Jays playoff exit, controversial decision to pull Berrios early in Game 2 - TSN.ca

Toronto Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins spoke to the media on Saturday about Toronto's early exit from the playoffs, the controversial decision to pull Jose Berrios early in Game 2 and what the future might look like for the team.

Sportsnet still hadn't posted the whole press conference (unsurprisingly). Glad somebody did.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#166 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Oct 8, 2023 1:55 am

Read on Twitter

Even Shi is taking shots at this guy now. Unusual times.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#167 » by linery88 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 2:24 am

Sid taking a hard shot.
Read on Twitter
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#168 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Oct 8, 2023 2:34 am

The fact that Shi is writing such articles suggests to me he’s been given the go ahead to do so from someone higher on the Rogers/Blue Jays food chain than Ross Atkins…
GameChannel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,099

Post#169 » by GameChannel » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:11 am

Shatkins must go. These clowns have been around far too long with nothing to show for it. And they should take Shneider with them too. We need an old school manager and a capable front office
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,130

Post#170 » by Potential » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:30 am

Read on Twitter
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,987

Post#171 » by Los_29 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 4:57 am

Atkins needs to be shown the door. That is not someone you want running the team.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,962

Post#172 » by Quattro » Sun Oct 8, 2023 5:14 am

I never thought I’d live to see the day when I hate a Blue Jays GM more than JP Ricciardi but here we are…
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,681

Post#173 » by johanliebert » Sun Oct 8, 2023 6:50 am

The Ivy League grads aka analytic departments are above Atkins. Both he and Schneider are making it clear for you guys.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,776

Post#174 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:09 pm

They aren’t above Atkins. There is just a fundamentally broken organizational communication structure and/or one of Schneider or Atkins is a lying liar who lies.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,776

Post#175 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:13 pm

I also don’t think Shatkins have done a terrible job. The Jays rebuilt quickly after 2016 and have been winning at a pretty decent pace. I think they could have done a better job, and previously I would have said “when hiring managers” but now I guess it’s more “when hiring managers and then they should not give them specific and immutable instructions for how to manage every game”. But Atkins in particular needs to go after that nonsense, and I’d also dump Schneider for just being bad even if it was in the service of following orders. These are not irreplaceable cogs in the machine.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
dafan590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,209

Post#176 » by dafan590 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 1:00 pm

Blue Jays need to get rid of Shapiro, Atkins and Schneider.

Do you guys have any suggestions on who should replace them?
johanliebert
General Manager

Post#177 » by johanliebert » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:02 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:They aren’t above Atkins. There is just a fundamentally broken organizational communication structure and/or one of Schneider or Atkins is a lying liar who lies.

They’re above all Gm’s and managers. I’ve said this for years and my source is a former pro. You can be skeptical about atkins but Schneider? Lol he’s a puppet like any manager.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,220

Post#178 » by C Court » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:17 pm

This is what I discovered from podcasts and articles written by Jays beat media, who are universally critical of Atkins.

Atkins is correct in that he does 'not' attend Schneider's pre-game planning meetings. But, Atkins has a front office representative attend every pre-game meeting on his behalf.

Does anyone really believe that Atkins has no input into what the front office employee says at Schneider's meeting or that Atkins is not de-briefed after the meeting - particularly in a win or go home play-off game?

As well, Atkins meets with Schneider after every game. Does anyone believe that Atkins didn't bring up the Berrios/Kikuchi strategy after losing game one?

Schneider says that it was an organizational decision, even though the coward Atkins says it was the manager's decision.

Who ya' gonna believe?
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
johanliebert
General Manager

Post#179 » by johanliebert » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:22 pm

I was a conspiracy theorist for stating games were mapped out by the nerds when Montoyo was here. I see this board has come around to that next is knowing they have more power than Gm’s
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,194

Post#180 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 6:20 pm

C Court wrote:This is what I discovered from podcasts and articles written by Jays beat media, who are universally critical of Atkins.

Atkins is correct in that he does 'not' attend Schneider's pre-game planning meetings. But, Atkins has a front office representative attend every pre-game meeting on his behalf.

Does anyone really believe that Atkins has no input into what the front office employee says at Schneider's meeting or that Atkins is not de-briefed after the meeting - particularly in a win or go home play-off game?

As well, Atkins meets with Schneider after every game. Does anyone believe that Atkins didn't bring up the Berrios/Kikuchi strategy after losing game one?

Schneider says that it was an organizational decision, even though the coward Atkins says it was the manager's decision.

Who ya' gonna believe?

You, and most of the speculative fans here, have pretty much 0 evidence of such accusations of blaming 1 person.

Until or when the truth comes out, let’s see what the organization does in the off-season in terms of improving this ugly offense. They obviously need fine tuning of their analytics and the conclusions they are coming up with to warrant that change.

It seems that both Schneider and Atkins are back next year so I hope both improve in all aspects. We are not in control so why be negative. lol
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays