Post#22 » by Corinne » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:51 pm

There we go. Rightfully
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Re: Toronto Evolved Dinosaurs (53-41) vs San Diego Monks (44-50) July 18-20 

Post#23 » by SharoneWright » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:07 am

Stuff hasn’t been good, but in a real Way,, Manoa could be leading this game. One strike call in the first inning, and he probably gets out of it. Both of these doubles should have been outs. Plus, that was a swinging strikeout actually. thanks first base ump.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,299

Post#24 » by Mehar » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:09 am

Hard to believe that Schneider has nobody in the Bullpen. Bad luck or not, Manoah's location and velocity is still not where it needs to be.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#25 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:09 am

SharoneWright wrote:Stuff hasn’t been good, but in a real Way,, Manoa could be leading this game. One strike call in the first inning, and he probably gets out of it. Both of these doubles should have been outs. Plus, that was a swinging strikeout actually. thanks first base ump.

He has no clue where any of his pitches are going and no out pitch, same issues he had all season. I'd hope this is the last game he starts for this team this season (unless he actually establishes that he is fixed).
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#26 » by Mehar » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:13 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:Stuff hasn’t been good, but in a real Way,, Manoa could be leading this game. One strike call in the first inning, and he probably gets out of it. Both of these doubles should have been outs. Plus, that was a swinging strikeout actually. thanks first base ump.

He has no clue where any of his pitches are going and no out pitch, same issues he had all season. I'd hope this is the last game he starts for this team this season (unless he actually establishes that he is fixed).

There is no reason for Manoah to start another game. Bad umpiring or bad luck aside, he looks the same he has all year. Pitching location and velocity are not where it should be. He needs to spend extended time in the minors. People got fooled because Manoah looked decent against a terrible team like Detroit.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#27 » by SharoneWright » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:13 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:

Clearly, I was not defending his stuff or command.

Only thAt this game is being won on the fringes of bad umping and BABIP. And that’s baseball often. Just happens to be an important night for a guy who is trying to steady the ship. I don’t think anyone is fooled that his stuff has not played up today.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,458

Post#28 » by Ranger One » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:16 am

80 pitches after 3 innings. 4 walks 0 Strikeouts 4 ER. Missing badly on every other pitch. Yeah. This guy is done.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#29 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:17 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Only thAt this game is being won on the fringes of bad umping and BABIP. And that’s baseball often. Just happens to be an important night for a guy who is trying to steady the ship. I don’t think anyone is fooled that his stuff has not played up today.

80 pitches through 3 innings. No clue where he's throwing anything. No way to finish off hitters. Umpire has been dreadful, but you need to have a pitcher with the ability to overcome such things. He isn't it.

It's astonishing to me that Jays management thought they'd seen enough to start this guy in a playoff race again based on one AA start.
Michael Bradley
General Manager
And1: 1,923

Post#30 » by Michael Bradley » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:21 am

Manoah looks awful. The umpire hasn't helped him, and neither did Springer on that play, but he has no command and the hitters are not being fooled by anything. I actually couldn't believe they kept him in to face the Padres lineup the 2nd time, especially given how much Schneider enjoys pitching changes. Trevor Richards should have been in to start the 3rd and the game still at 2-1.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#31 » by Mehar » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:22 am

If Ryu has another solid start in Triple AAA on Friday, then I say you call him up after that and have him replace Manoah in the rotation. Ryu had a very good start a few days ago.
Ranger One
Analyst

Post#32 » by Ranger One » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:22 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:He has no clue where any of his pitches are going and no out pitch, same issues he had all season. I'd hope this is the last game he starts for this team this season (unless he actually establishes that he is fixed).

80 pitches through 3 innings. No clue where he's throwing anything. No way to finish off hitters. Umpire has been dreadful, but you need to have a pitcher with the ability to overcome such things. He isn't it.

It's astonishing to me that Jays management thought they'd seen enough to start this guy in a playoff race again based on one AA start.

The lack of strikeouts is jarring. And probably the most telling comment of the day was made by Dan Schulman where he said that batters "feel comfortable" against Manoah. Thats because everyone knows now that he has no control and no out pitch of any kind. They can just sit back in the box and let Manoah come to them.
"We are Rangers.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#33 » by Mehar » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:24 am

Cannot believe Manoah is back for the 4th. Issued his fifth walk. Might as well let him implode more, and give the Bullpen a total rest day. Might as well then have Mitch White pitch also, if Schneider wants to wave the White Flag on this game.
Ranger One
Analyst

Post#34 » by Ranger One » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:25 am

My god. Someone put this guy out of his misery already. And ours as well. I dont want to see this guy pitch again this season. Im getting out of breath just watching him.
"We are Rangers.
Ranger One
Analyst

Post#35 » by Ranger One » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:27 am

Look how many times Manoah has stepped off the mound today. Or threw to first, or threw the ball back and asked for a new one. This guy is using every trick in the book to slow the game down. He literally can not pitch in the pitch clock era. His career is done.
"We are Rangers.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#36 » by Mehar » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:28 am

Ranger One wrote:My god. Someone put this guy out of his misery already. And ours as well. I dont want to see this guy pitch again this season. Im getting out of breath just watching him.

Manoah is out of breath walking back to the dugout. Cannot remember a fall this bad for an All-Star pitcher from one year to the next since Ricky Romero. He needs to get in better shape and spend the rest of the year in the Minors.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,247

Post#37 » by Madvillainy2004 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:41 am

The optics of sending Manaoh back down are so funny but you have to right? No way we can throw away games with the AL East up for grabs. I'll take my chances with Ryu at worst I think he'll at least be in the zone and give a 2015 RA Dickey type performance if his pre-struggles were indeed injury related.

Manaoh should've had at least 3 more AAA starts. But it sucks cause now we have to either let him keep embarrassing himself or send him down 2 starts after calling him up. Sadly I think we give him another for optics reasons and then he gets sent down or ghost IL.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,247

Post#38 » by Madvillainy2004 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:43 am

Mehar wrote:
Ranger One wrote:My god. Someone put this guy out of his misery already. And ours as well. I dont want to see this guy pitch again this season. Im getting out of breath just watching him.

Manoah is out of breath walking back to the dugout. Cannot remember a fall this bad for an All-Star pitcher from one year to the next since Ricky Romero. He needs to get in better shape and spend the rest of the year in the Minors.

This is the biggest thing for me he needs to get his *** in shape. He does have a bigger build but if the reports of him coming into camp 300 pounds are true its just.. that's it. Get a dietician and lose some weight/increase endurance. It's not hyperbolic to say his career is in the balance.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#39 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:51 am

Madvillainy2004 wrote:The optics of sending Manaoh back down are so funny but you have to right? No way we can throw away games with the AL East up for grabs. I'll take my chances with Ryu at worst I think he'll at least be in the zone and give a 2015 RA Dickey type performance if his pre-struggles were indeed injury related.

Manaoh should've had at least 3 more AAA starts. But it sucks cause now we have to either let him keep embarrassing himself or send him down 2 starts after calling him up. Sadly I think we give him another for optics reasons and then he gets sent down or ghost IL.

Who cares about the optics? It’s late July in a playoff race, every game counts.

The Jays put themselves in the position of looking like idiots with this and they shouldn’t compound what was already a bad decision by wasting even more games with him on the roster. If they do and they miss the playoffs by a game or two, remember back to this.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,823

Post#40 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:12 am

So Manoah is still trash. Maybe we should have kept him in the minors for more than one start...

Return to Toronto Blue Jays