ImageImageImageImageImage

Jays vs Trouhtanis, a finite number of baseball contests

Moderator: JaysRule15

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Re: Jays vs Trouhtanis, a finite number of baseball contests 

Post#61 » by linery88 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:01 am

johanliebert wrote:Teoscar is getting ripped apart on social media.

Move him,and Guriel to CF for a few games,so they can see what its like.They have the best arms,and you cant mess around in CF.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#62 » by vaff87 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:22 am

linery88 wrote:

Move him,and Guriel to CF for a few games,so they can see what its like.They have the best arms,and you cant mess around in CF.

CF requires the most range. Gurriel barely has enough range for left. Teo is fast, but CF is a more important position than RF. Do you really trust him playing a premium position when we’re in a playoff race?
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#63 » by linery88 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:02 am

vaff87 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

CF requires the most range. Gurriel barely has enough range for left. Teo is fast, but CF is a more important position than RF. Do you really trust him playing a premium position when we’re in a playoff race?

Only for a short time.Scare the crap out of them for a few starts,then move them back to make them play LF/RF better going forward.Teo cant run right now so it cant be done,but they should try it with both of them at some point.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#64 » by vaff87 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:25 am

linery88 wrote:
vaff87 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Only for a short time.Scare the crap out of them for a few starts,then move them back to make them play LF/RF better going forward.Teo cant run right now so it cant be done,but they should try it with both of them at some point.

It’s not something we can afford to do at this point in the season. We’re in a close playoff race, and there’s not much time left.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Post#65 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:03 pm

I think I've had enough of of Teoscar. Time to move on from him for next season. Find us a better RF. Gurriel is too good of a hitter to trade or let go. He's a keeper.
Seasontickets
Bench Warmer
And1: 600

Post#66 » by Seasontickets » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:09 pm

damn...brutal game yesterday. Hopefully we bounce back and go on a run like we should vs the Angels, Cubs and Pirates (and Orioles for that matter but they seem to have our number this year).
Pretty neat and on the fridge for the real fans:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323749208768
vaff87
RealGM

Post#67 » by vaff87 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:21 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:I think I've had enough of of Teoscar. Time to move on from him for next season. Find us a better RF. Gurriel is too good of a hitter to trade or let go. He's a keeper.

Teo is a better hitter than Gurriel. This year, last year, and the year before.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#68 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:32 pm

vaff87 wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:I think I've had enough of of Teoscar. Time to move on from him for next season. Find us a better RF. Gurriel is too good of a hitter to trade or let go. He's a keeper.

Respectfully disagree. Gurriel is the better hitter this season. Sure, Teo has the better power, but I'd take hitting with a better average and obp then power with the way this lineup is contructed.

Lourdes

Teoscar
Corinne
Analyst
And1: 2,641

Post#69 » by Corinne » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:32 pm

Heading to my first game in nearly 30 years and it happens to be a tribute to the players that I went to see back then.
It has to be a good luck omen
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#70 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Corinne wrote:Heading to my first game in nearly 30 years and it happens to be a tribute to the players that I went to see back then.

Wow after 30 years eh?

Enjoy it buddy. Any fond memories from back then?
vaff87
RealGM

Post#71 » by vaff87 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
vaff87 wrote:

Respectfully disagree. Gurriel is the better hitter this season. Sure, Teo has the better power, but I'd take hitting with a better average and obp then power with the way this lineup is contructed.

Lourdes

Teoscar

In all three of the last three seasons, Teo has had the higher fWAR, OPS, wRC+ and wOBA.

And for this season, don’t forget Teo had an awful May because he was recovering from an oblique strain. Since the start of June, he’s tied with Vladdy for third on the team in fWAR at 2.3. Behind Chapman (2.8), and Kirk (2.4).
Corinne
Analyst
And1: 2,641

Post#72 » by Corinne » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
Corinne wrote:Heading to my first game in nearly 30 years and it happens to be a tribute to the players that I went to see back then.

Wow after 30 years eh?

I was quite sick for most of the day so I barely remember the game. We faced the Brewers I can't even remember if it was a win or loss. All I remember from after I perked up is Joe Carter waved at me and my school mates as we yelled Hi at him, and I will never forget. :D
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#73 » by SharoneWright » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Corinne wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:

Wow after 30 years eh?

I was quite sick for most of the day so I barely remember the game. We faced the Brewers I can't even remember if it was a win or loss. All I remember from after I perked up is Joe Carter waved at me and my school mates as we yelled Hi at him, and I will never forget. :D

I also made eye contact with Joe once.. in 1995 during frosh week a group of guys snuck down to behind home plate about 12 rows up. Joe was about to be announced as the next batter but during a perfect pause in the noise, I bellowed "I'll have a Smokin Joe's McBaaacon Deluxe!". To which he burst out laughing and glanced up. :nod: 8-)

Read on Twitter
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#74 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:25 pm

vaff87 wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:
vaff87 wrote:

Lourdes

Teoscar

In all three of the last three seasons, Teo has had the higher fWAR, OPS, wRC+ and wOBA.

And for this season, don’t forget Teo had an awful May because he was recovering from an oblique strain. Since the start of June, he’s tied with Vladdy for third on the team in fWAR at 2.3. Behind Chapman (2.8), and Kirk (2.4).

I look at stats for the entire season when I compare and Gurriel has the higher fWAR at 1.6 right now. Gurriel has been more consistent over the season. Teoscar not so much. If I had to choose between the two I'd keep Gurriel Jr and he's younger too.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#75 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Hottie McShotty
Analyst

Post#76 » by Hottie McShotty » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:29 pm

I can't believe it's been 30 years!
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,461

Post#77 » by Lateral Quicks » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:03 pm

Hmm... judging by the boxscore I made the correct decision not to tune in last night. Brutal. At least show a little life boys.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,461

Post#78 » by Lateral Quicks » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:08 pm

Teoscar was a silver slugger last year, and despite a brutal start this year has an OPS+ of 120.

To be honest I don't really want to commit long-term contracts to either of them. They're both close to 30, and we're already paying one 30+ year-old outfielder a lot of money for the next 4 years.

Lourdes is under team control for two more years, and Teoscar one. I'd just keep them in the fold until free agency hits. Beyond that, I'd look to get younger in the OF.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,653

Post#79 » by polo007 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Raider917
Veteran
And1: 769

Post#80 » by Raider917 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:10 pm

not pinch hitting for tapia