ImageImageImageImageImage

Orioles at Jays, for some games and things

Moderator: JaysRule15

s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,564

Re: Orioles at Jays, for some games and things 

Post#221 » by s e n s i » Sun May 21, 2023 9:05 pm

gonna be below .500 by the end of this week haha. these chumps are not making the playoffs but they absolutely had us fooled for a little bit.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,246

Post#222 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sun May 21, 2023 9:08 pm

Can we finally be done with Cavan?
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,286

Post#223 » by Mehar » Sun May 21, 2023 9:11 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:"Orioles aint no duckwalk anymore,and now we gotta take this **** to Florida".

We're going to be under .500 by Friday.

Wonder who Shapiro and Atkins will blame then? 8 years later, and the farm system is depleted and the bullpen is a joke. We are saddled with a scrub like Biggio, because we have nobody else worthy in the Minors. The acquisition of Varsho by trading your top prospect has backfired. A payroll higher than the Red Sox, and three times higher than the Orioles and Rays. 7th highest in MLB at 213 million. Instead of spending tens of millions to renovate the stadium, Rogers should eat their contracts and fire Dumb and Dumber Shapiro and Atkins. They should clean house from top to bottom. That includes Schneider, coaches like 10 year overrated pitching coach Pete Walker, Luis Rivera, and hitting coach Martinez. What a disgraceful baseball team I have witnessed these God awful few weeks.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,412

Post#224 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun May 21, 2023 9:12 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:Can we finally be done with Cavan?

They're gonna stick with that scrub for a few more years.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#225 » by Ado05 » Sun May 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Well at least they hired Atkins replacement this offseason.
GameChannel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,098

Post#226 » by GameChannel » Sun May 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Fire Shatkins and Schneider. They're **** terrible. Take Biggio, Belt, Vasho and the bullpen with you too you **** clowns pretending to be Major league front office execs.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#227 » by linery88 » Sun May 21, 2023 10:12 pm

GameChannel wrote:Fire Shatkins and Schneider. They're **** terrible. Take Biggio, Belt, Vasho and the bullpen with you too you **** clowns pretending to be Major league front office execs.

I wish Mattingly was the hitting coach.
Schneider is still a rookie mgr,learning on the job,and the team is playing like they are also learning on the job,except for a few players right now.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,884

Post#228 » by Hottie McShotty » Sun May 21, 2023 10:53 pm

What a struggle to win one game. This is unacceptable for a team this close to the luxury tax.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,803

Post#229 » by Raps in 4 » Sun May 21, 2023 10:54 pm

linery88 wrote:
GameChannel wrote:Fire Shatkins and Schneider. They're **** terrible. Take Biggio, Belt, Vasho and the bullpen with you too you **** clowns pretending to be Major league front office execs.

Schneider is still a rookie mgr,learning on the job,and the team is playing like they are also learning on the job,except for a few players right now.

Except they shouldn't be learning on the job. We're in year 7 of a rebuild. We've been trying to make the playoffs for three years now. We traded all our prospects for win-now players. We have a payroll over $200 million. This team is clearly trying to win now. Yet we gave the managerial job to a rookie, who has no idea what he's doing. Insanity.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,510

Post#230 » by dagger » Sun May 21, 2023 11:40 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Except they shouldn't be learning on the job. We're in year 7 of a rebuild. We've been trying to make the playoffs for three years now. We traded all our prospects for win-now players. We have a payroll over $200 million. This team is clearly trying to win now. Yet we gave the managerial job to a rookie, who has no idea what he's doing. Insanity.

It’s not his fault per se that this team is struggling to score with RISP. If you just change managers, you won’t make Biggio hit or Vlad for that matter hit and you won’t make Garcia a high leverage reliever. The problem is there is no one at Buffalo or NH ready to push any of these guys not named Bo or Vlad or Romano. If we had another lefty reliever we might use Mayza a bit more in late or extra inning situations rather than as a matchup guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#231 » by Raps in 4 » Sun May 21, 2023 11:43 pm

dagger wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:I wish Mattingly was the hitting coach.

It’s not his fault per se that this team is struggling to score with RISP. If you just change managers, you won’t make Biggio hit or Vlad for that matter hit and you won’t make Garcia a high leverage reliever. The problem is there is no one at Buffalo or NH ready to push any of these guys not named Bo or Vlad or Romano. If we had another lefty reliever we might use Mayza a bit more in late or extra inning situations rather than as a matchup guy.

He's just one of many problems with the team. We need a purge of the entire coaching staff. If that doesn't lead to an improvement on the field, then Shatkins need to answer for failing to put together a winning team.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,510

Post#232 » by dagger » Sun May 21, 2023 11:53 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
dagger wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

He's just one of many problems with the team. We need a purge of the entire coaching staff. If that doesn't lead to an improvement on the field, then Shatkins need to answer for failing to put together a winning team.

I’d fire Atkins first and let a new GM decide the fate of the coaching staff and players
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#233 » by linery88 » Mon May 22, 2023 12:10 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

We need a mgr who has won,plain and simple.GM,s as well.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#234 » by linery88 » Mon May 22, 2023 12:12 am

dagger wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:I wish Mattingly was the hitting coach.

I think a mgr who has won a WS would be doing things a lot differently than our current "in training" mgr who we inherited after firing Montoya.

Mehar
Analyst

Post#235 » by Mehar » Mon May 22, 2023 12:19 am

I commend this ownership for doing one wise thing which was hiring James Click last off-season. Came through the Rays organization for 15 years, and won last year as the GM of the Astros after being hired in 2020. He would be a great candidate to take over for Shapiro/Atkins once they are eventually canned.

Then Click can fire overrated Pitching coach Pete Walker, who has presided over mediocre pitching staffs for a decade, just like his mediocre pitching career in Toronto 20 years ago. Then Click can clean house with the coaches, scouts, and all of Shapiro/Atkins "Yes Men" in the organization who have failed to win a playoff game now in the 8th season of this Regime.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#236 » by linery88 » Mon May 22, 2023 12:49 am

Mehar wrote:I commend this ownership for doing one wise thing which was hiring James Click last off-season. Came through the Rays organization for 15 years, and won last year as the GM of the Astros after being hired in 2020. He would be a great candidate to take over for Shapiro/Atkins once they are eventually canned. Then Click can fire overrated Pitching coach Pete Walker, who has presided over mediocre pitching staffs for a decade, just like his mediocre pitching career in Toronto 20 years ago. Then Click can clean house with the coaches, scouts, and all of Shapiro/Atkins "Yes Men" in the organization who have failed to win a playoff game for 8 years.

Even with the struggles of this staff,I think the starting pitching lately, has been good enough for us to win,if our inconsistent offence was up to it.
Vladdy is in a long slump of some kind.Maybe move Bo to the 3 slot,and Vladdy to 4 just to see what might happen.
Kiermaier has shown that he could easily leadoff,and Springer move to number 2 because he is not 100 percent healthy.But this would never happen.Sportsnet studios would crumble.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#237 » by Raps in 4 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:00 am

linery88 wrote:
Mehar wrote:I commend this ownership for doing one wise thing which was hiring James Click last off-season. Came through the Rays organization for 15 years, and won last year as the GM of the Astros after being hired in 2020. He would be a great candidate to take over for Shapiro/Atkins once they are eventually canned. Then Click can fire overrated Pitching coach Pete Walker, who has presided over mediocre pitching staffs for a decade, just like his mediocre pitching career in Toronto 20 years ago. Then Click can clean house with the coaches, scouts, and all of Shapiro/Atkins "Yes Men" in the organization who have failed to win a playoff game for 8 years.

Even with the struggles of this staff,I think the starting pitching lately, has been good enough for us to win,if our inconsistent offence was up to it.
Vladdy is in a long slump of some kind.Maybe move Bo to the 3 slot,and Vladdy to 4 just to see what might happen.
Kiermaier has shown that he could easily leadoff,and Springer move to number 2 because he is not 100 percent healthy.But this would never happen.Sportsnet studios would crumble.

We rank 10th in ERA and 11th in wRC+ this season. Mediocrity across the board.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,788
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#239 » by Boogie! » Mon May 22, 2023 1:12 am

linery88 wrote:

Vlsddy is supposed to be carrying this offense and now his average is below 300, he's been stuck at 7 Homers for like a month, and still had yet to hit one atrogers centre. All his contemporaries, guys that are in similar categories of hitters are flying by him. Shohei just hit his 11th, judge has 13, Alonso, rays players... when do we start to get worried? Chapman started off hot, but has been cold in may... kirk was close to a 300 hittee last year but has been ice cold this season. thisteam is not fun to watch right now.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#240 » by Mehar » Mon May 22, 2023 3:49 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

We rank 10th in ERA and 11th in wRC+ this season. Mediocrity across the board.

Do not focus only on this season. Take a look at the last ten years under Pete Walker, where this team's Starting Pitching and Bullpen has been mediocre to below average. Who forgets about our Clown Show of Bullpen from 2021, when this team had the best offense in all of MLB, only for our pathetic bullpen arms to cost us a post-season birth and potentially a long post-season run.

We had Shapiro telling the media in 2021 that Pete Walker would have a positive impact on guys like Brad Hand, Tyler Chatwood, Ryan Borucki, and Rafael Dolis out of the bullpen. The opposite was true, and all of these guys were eventaully sent packing after their dreadful pitching outings that year that cost this team plenty of wins in 2021. 10 years of Pete Walker is enough, and his track record as pitching coach has been mediocre to below average, just like his MLB pitching career.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays