ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Blue Jays (2-3) @ Astros (1-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3

Moderator: JaysRule15

SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Re: GT: Blue Jays (2-2) @ Astros (0-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3 

Post#21 » by SharoneWright » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:28 am

Boogie! wrote:Is Davis Schneider really that bad vs right handers that it’s worth platooning him with biggio

If KFL is going to play, then Biggio should be at 3rd tonight. Schneider can play 2nd.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,008

Re: GT: Blue Jays (2-2) @ Astros (0-4) / 3 game series - Monday April 1 @ 8pm to Wed April 3 

Post#22 » by JaysRule15 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:28 am

Big yikes.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,788
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#23 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:29 am

I mean not a bad pitch technicallly but Francis getting wrecked
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#24 » by SharoneWright » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:29 am

Francis has some stuff. Really too bad. I wouldn’t demote him so fast. I’d like to see more.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#25 » by HangTime » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:30 am

Don't worry, there will be Atleast 6 batters in the top of 2nd.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,412

Post#26 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:31 am

SharoneWright wrote:Francis has some stuff. Really too bad. I wouldn’t demote him so fast. I’d like to see more.

Houston’s really good. They’re gonna do this to most guys of his quality.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#27 » by SharoneWright » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:32 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:Francis has some stuff. Really too bad. I wouldn’t demote him so fast. I’d like to see more.

Perfect Randle backhanded compliment.;)
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#28 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:32 am

Based on the pattern so far this is gonna be an offensive stinker. Which means tomorrow they’ll score like 5+ runs
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#29 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:36 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Perfect Randle backhanded compliment.;)

I don’t have a high opinion of Francis given his minor league track record but I’m certainly not gonna judge him because he’s getting hit around by these guys.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#30 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:38 am

Well manoah probably wouldn’t have been any better
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#31 » by SharoneWright » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:39 am

We were offensively deficient last year. Brandon Belt? Really?

We now have IKF filling in for Chapman. KK is another year older. So is Springer.

Who are we counting on? Varsho? Kiermaier? IKF? Kirk?

This was all very predictable. No batters.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:40 am

Boogie! wrote:Well manoah probably wouldn’t have been any better

Manoah can’t even getting minor leaguers out. Question will be how soon do they go to Tiedemann
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,451

Post#33 » by Ranger One » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:43 am

This was a scheduled loss from the jump. Our 5th starter facing a Houston team that just got embarrassed by the Yankees. Yup. Just move on to the next game.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#34 » by SharoneWright » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:45 am

Ranger One wrote:This was a scheduled loss from the jump. Our 5th starter facing a Houston team that just got embarrassed by the Yankees. Yup. Just move on to the next game.

I disagree. I had hopes.

Our kid has stuff. There’s always a bit of luck.

But you can’t ever fight your own pathetic lineup. Our front office is continuing to put their eggs in the basket of “George Springer“ who is obviously on the down end of his contract. And that contract was predictable. And now he’s the pillar that we lean on?

We literally have nobody after the 3rd spot. The vast majority of our offensive lineup is a waste land.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#35 » by HangTime » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:47 am

Anyone else convinced that the Astros have a new trash can system?
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#36 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:47 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Ranger One wrote:This was a scheduled loss from the jump. Our 5th starter facing a Houston team that just got embarrassed by the Yankees. Yup. Just move on to the next game.

I disagree. I had hopes.

But you can’t ever fight your own pathetic lineup. Our front office is continuing to put their eggs in the basket of “George Springer“ who is obviously on the down end of his contract. And that contract was predictable. And now he’s the pillar that we lean on?

We literally have nobody after the 3rd spot. The vast majority of your offensive lineup is a waste land.

Can’t fight your starter allowing 3 HR in 8 batters either
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#37 » by SharoneWright » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:48 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:

I disagree. I had hopes.

We literally have nobody after the 3rd spot. The vast majority of your offensive lineup is a waste land.

I said there was luck.

I don’t think he’s worse than Josh Towers
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#38 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:48 am

HangTime wrote:Anyone else convinced that the Astros have a new trash can system?

Didn’t help them against NYY
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#39 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:48 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:
I disagree. I had hopes.

I said there was luck.

I don’t think he’s worse than Josh Towers

Few are.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#40 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:50 am

SharoneWright wrote:

I disagree. I had hopes.

We literally have nobody after the 3rd spot. The vast majority of our offensive lineup is a waste land.

Crazy how we went from one of the best young offensive lineups to one of the worst in a span of 3 years… we used to be what the Baltimore orioles were… and then all of a sudden they got obsessed with defense.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays