ImageImageImageImageImage

Jays @ Gnats - Two Bad Teams (May 3-May 5)

Moderator: JaysRule15

Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Re: Jays @ Gnats - Two Bad Teams (May 3-May 5) 

Post#41 » by Ranger One » Sat May 4, 2024 1:22 am

Lateral Quicks wrote:
Ranger One wrote:How is this team supposed to score runs when the entire clubhouse looks at the trash at bats of Springer, Guerrero and Bichette on a daily basis with zero repercussions? When you see that your star players, your highest paid players arent doing their jobs, you dont think that has a ripple effect on the rest of the lineup?

I expect the front office/analytics team are inflexible stats nerds that don't recognize and/or value the human element. How else to explain pulling Berrios last year, Shoemaker in 2020, etc. They are probably clutching their spreadsheets right now, assuring themselves the automatons (sorry, players) will start to play better any time now. They've sucked so much of the enjoyment out of this team.

If the players are dejected, it's for good reason. They have a manager that regularly costs them games, a front office that is so inflexible it doesn't even appear to reward performance, and a coaching staff that an onlooker such as myself can only conclude is nearly completely ineffectual.

This is 100% correct. You can just look at the complete zombified faces of every blue jay in that dugout whenever the camera pans in there during our broadcasts. These guys look completely dejected and unhappy. How can they not be? They have a manager who regularly makes awful, game costing decisions. Superstar players making $20-30 mil a year hitting 200 with 500 ops and a front office that values spreadsheets over that VERY important human element you mentioned.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,456

Post#42 » by Lateral Quicks » Sat May 4, 2024 1:23 am

I'm not watching the games. And if they don't do something major to shake things up soon, I may even stop listening on the radio/following on Gameday. This is just really, really bad baseball.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,416

Post#43 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat May 4, 2024 1:25 am

Time to waste another RP in a 6 run deficit, Schneider is always on the ball
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Post#44 » by Ranger One » Sat May 4, 2024 1:26 am

Lmao! Why is this BAFOON making yet another pitching change??? Leave Cabrera in there until its 20-3 for all i care. Does he really think this game is still in reach to be wasting MORE bullpen arms on this game???
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
greekman
Senior
And1: 331

Post#45 » by greekman » Sat May 4, 2024 1:26 am

guerrero must not care about his next contract
greekman
Senior
And1: 331

Post#46 » by greekman » Sat May 4, 2024 1:27 am

cabrera, mayza, richards, swanson are not mlb level talent.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#47 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat May 4, 2024 1:29 am

Lateral Quicks wrote:
Ranger One wrote:How is this team supposed to score runs when the entire clubhouse looks at the trash at bats of Springer, Guerrero and Bichette on a daily basis with zero repercussions? When you see that your star players, your highest paid players arent doing their jobs, you dont think that has a ripple effect on the rest of the lineup?

I expect the front office/analytics team are inflexible stats nerds that don't recognize and/or value the human element. How else to explain pulling Berrios last year, Shoemaker in 2020, etc. They are probably clutching their spreadsheets right now, assuring themselves the automatons (sorry, players) will start to play better any time now. They've sucked so much of the enjoyment out of this team.

If the players are dejected, it's for good reason. They have a manager that regularly costs them games, a front office that is so inflexible it doesn't even appear to reward performance, and a coaching staff that an onlooker such as myself can only conclude is nearly completely ineffectual.

It’s also really the only explanation for Swanson continuing to pitch in high leverage despite looking completely awful this season. Their models put almost no stock into a small sample size like this even though it is pretty clear he’s got absolutely no command this season of anything.

These guys running this ship are also so far up their own asses at this point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility that their decision making process is flawed.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,246

Post#48 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:29 am

Guerrero hasn't hit a homerun since April 10th man lmfao its getting embarrassing to even imply he's part of the future of this team.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#49 » by linery88 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:30 am

I hope the players are sucking on purpose so the Mgr HC FO can all be fired at the same time.
Analytics is killing this franchise.
The players no longer want who they have to run this team anymore.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,210

Post#50 » by C Court » Sat May 4, 2024 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:32 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:

It’s also really the only explanation for Swanson continuing to pitch in high leverage despite looking completely awful this season. These guys are so far up their own asses at this point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility that their decision making process is flawed.

Everything is broken about this team. I still remember that one time during one of Vlads many slumps last year he was getting extra work and practicing going the opposite way off a tee??????????

Mattingly should've been fired yday his whole approach to hitting is out of wack with modern baseball. We had Varsho trying to hit oppo singles last year like wtf are we doing?
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach

Post#52 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:35 am

linery88 wrote:I hope the players are sucking on purpose so the Mgr HC FO can all be fired at the same time.

I can't even call Mattinglys approach to hitting about sabermetrics/analytics, his philosophy is like the exact opposite of that id argue. He hates strike outs and loves hitting the ball to all fields. They so much as tried to get Jansen to do that too but he was smart enough to ignore them.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,567

Post#53 » by Brinbe » Sat May 4, 2024 1:35 am

how low can they go
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,197

Post#54 » by duppyy » Sat May 4, 2024 1:36 am

So sad to see what this team has become
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#55 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat May 4, 2024 1:36 am

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:

It’s also really the only explanation for Swanson continuing to pitch in high leverage despite looking completely awful this season. These guys are so far up their own asses at this point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility that their decision making process is flawed.

Everything is broken about this team. I still remember that one time during one of Vlads many slumps last year he was getting extra work and practicing going the opposite way off a tee??????????

Mattingly should've been fired yday his whole approach to hitting is out of wack with modern baseball. We had Varsho trying to hit oppo singles last year like wtf are we doing?

The models probably told them they’d get some advantage by hitting oppo
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,197

Post#56 » by duppyy » Sat May 4, 2024 1:37 am

Brinbe wrote:how low can they go

Madvillainy2004
Head Coach

Post#57 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:39 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:It’s also really the only explanation for Swanson continuing to pitch in high leverage despite looking completely awful this season. These guys are so far up their own asses at this point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility that their decision making process is flawed.

The models probably told them they’d get some advantage by hitting oppo

Hit to all fields approach the year after the shift is banned real galaxy brain stuff lmao
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by linery88 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:53 am

Was streaming NYM@TB..watching the Mets hitters battle,and enough of them look like they are trying to hit a HR.Alonso takes monster cuts until its 2 strikes...most of them do.
Plus Cohen is the best broadcaster in MLB-imo.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by linery88 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:59 am

Madvillainy2004 wrote:
linery88 wrote:I hope the players are sucking on purpose so the Mgr HC FO can all be fired at the same time.

I can't even call Mattinglys approach to hitting about sabermetrics/analytics, his philosophy is like the exact opposite of that id argue. He hates strike outs and loves hitting the ball to all fields. They so much as tried to get Jansen to do that too but he was smart enough to ignore them.

I just wish any of the coaches would subscribe to the hitting philosophy which they had under Dante of hitting the ball as hard as you can,and sit on the fastball,which imo,is the most correct philosophy you can have,because you still have enough time to slow down your batspeed if fooled on a breaking ball,and you have the pitcher on alert if he sees you taking healthy cuts on his fastball.This team looks like its constantly trying not to overswing-lol.
Bo used to be his own HC.Now Varsho is,and can bat well at 5 or 8.
Now would be a good time to move Varsho to 4 or 5,but they are too stupid,and stuck to make the lineup switch.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#60 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat May 4, 2024 2:08 am

Read on Twitter

Bahahah looks like the puppet manager finally realized he’s gonna be the first to go in this clown show

Return to Toronto Blue Jays