ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Sale? (wiretap)

Moderator: JaysRule15

heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Fire Sale? (wiretap) 

Post#1 » by heemer » Fri May 11, 2007 10:47 pm

I dont really see a fire sale brewing, but if so, who would be dealt? The only two possibilities I can think of are Thomas and Reed Johnson, simply because the big hurt is making some big money and doesnt figure in long term, and RJ is moderatly expendible with the emergence of Lind.

In any event, i dont expect guys like Glaus, Rios, Burnett, Wells, Lind, or Hill to be going anywhere
stro4swift
Starter
And1: 0

Post#2 » by stro4swift » Sat May 12, 2007 4:52 am

yeah maybe Reed..or Overbay?
mini
Bench Warmer
And1: 115

Post#3 » by mini » Sun May 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Is trading Overbay and moving Lind to first-base a viable option? I'm not sure if Lind has been considered at first or has experience.
I think that Overbay and Glaus should be moved (hopefully for a SS prospect or some pitching).

Would Cleveland be interested in Overbay to play first and maybe send Marte our way (maybe I wildly over-valuing our players). I'm in favour of trading most players with the exception of Roy, AJ, Wells, Rios, Lind, Hill.

I would also consider moving AJ depending on his plans with respect to the opt-out he has after next year (i believe it's next year).
asif9t9
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by asif9t9 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:49 pm

We don't have big contracts that anyone wants. Frank THomas? haha No one would want Vernon's contract, for his limited production. And.....has anyone ever thought of dealing Halladay? I'd cry.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays