Take Back the Park, vs. Phillies

Moderator: Rafael122

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Take Back the Park, vs. Phillies 

Post#1 » by Jollay » Fri May 4, 2012 3:21 pm

Ah, Friday night versus the Phillies (13-13). It's like the Jerry Springer Show in my seats in the outfield...will be interesting to see if the "Take Back the Park" campaign has improved the Nats/Phils fan ratio somewhat. Will be also interesting to see if I get stabbed.

Nats (16-9) set up extremely well this series pitching-wise. Strasburg versus Kendrick tonight.

I anticipate at least 2 of 3 in this series. Better get these wins now, because the Phillies will eventually be a much tougher out as they recover from their injuries. They are missing alot more than just Morse and Zimmerman.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Take Back the Park, vs. Phillies 

Post#2 » by Jollay » Fri May 4, 2012 3:23 pm

I should mention Sunday is a late start, 8pm, and on ESPN for maybe the second? time in the history of the franchise for a home game.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Fri May 4, 2012 6:20 pm

Jollay wrote:I should mention Sunday is a late start, 8pm, and on ESPN for maybe the second? time in the history of the franchise for a home game.

Didn't they have their stadium opener on ESPN? And Ryan hit the walk off? Anyway, it would be a shame if at least 2 of these games aren't sold out. It's muggy and rainy outside now, but it'd be disastrous if Philly fans end up owning the park anyway.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Jollay » Fri May 4, 2012 7:25 pm

I think as you say at least one other game, perhaps the Park opener, was on ESPN, but I honestly can't remember another one, at least in the last 3-4 years.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Jollay » Mon May 7, 2012 2:54 pm

Good weekend at the Park, although last night's game obviously stung a little with Werth and the loss.

Better Nats ratio than most Phily weekends in prior years. About 75-25 or slightly worse Friday and Sunday--but probably 50-50 or worse Saturday. At least they didn't have too much time to drink with the day game.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 7, 2012 3:29 pm

Hamels is a little ****. I'm glad Harper gave him a stare afterwards when he stole home. Classless move on Hamels' part. Old school my ass.

Werth is out minimum 6-8 weeks with a broken left wrist. Same wrist he had surgery on years ago. Hopefully this means more playing time for Tyler Moore.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Jollay » Mon May 7, 2012 4:38 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Hamels is a little ****. I'm glad Harper gave him a stare afterwards when he stole home. Classless move on Hamels' part. Old school my ass.

Werth is out minimum 6-8 weeks with a broken left wrist. Same wrist he had surgery on years ago. Hopefully this means more playing time for Tyler Moore.

Yeah, it's pretty much on now with this rivalry thanks to Hamels.

I understand Hamels' changeup makes righties (especially rooks) look silly, and Moore proved that with his PH at bat, but I don't see how we bring him up to get minimal duty. Guess he has a chance to play alot in right now. At a minimum he better be getting ABs versus lefties.

LaRoche and Zimmerman should return this week and help mitigate the loss of Werth, but the Nats are hurting.

Return to Washington Nationals