Dunn on waivers

Moderator: Rafael122

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Dunn on waivers 

Post#1 » by craig01 » Tue Aug 3, 2010 11:54 pm

Buster Olney is reporting that Adam Dunn has been placed on waivers.

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... n_waivers/
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Re: Dunn on waivers 

Post#2 » by Jollay » Wed Aug 4, 2010 12:10 am

Eh, no biggie. Sure to be recalled.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#3 » by Scabs304 » Sun Aug 8, 2010 8:22 pm

What would be an acceptable package for us to get back for Dunn? Is there anyway to figure out who is the team that we would be negotiating with if he was claimed (which I'm sure he will be) off waivers?
I am Scabs.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#4 » by Jollay » Sun Aug 8, 2010 8:46 pm

Scabs304 wrote:What would be an acceptable package for us to get back for Dunn? Is there anyway to figure out who is the team that we would be negotiating with if he was claimed (which I'm sure he will be) off waivers?

The Nats were asking for alot before the deadline, and I don't see why they still wouldn't. Mike Rizzo keeps things pretty close to the vest, but I know he wanted Gordon Beckham from the White Sox, which they wouldn't do.

I would imagine Rizzo would seek a mediocre first baseman under contract for the next year or two, plus at least a top-level prospect, preferably a pitcher, second baseman, or outfielder.

I don't know if we ever figure out who claimed Dunn for sure. I know the chance a deal is struck with that team is very remote at best, because the team was almost certainly a team that just wanted to block a team ahead of them from getting him.

Return to Washington Nationals