Marlins at Nats II

Moderator: Rafael122

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Marlins at Nats II 

Post#1 » by Jollay » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm

The Golden Child returns to action today for the Nats, and yay, we are excited and hopeful he can lead us to the promised land of finishing only ten games under .500.

He will be opposed by mister Anibal Sanchez, who somehow managed to throw 100 pitches in just 4.1 innings earlier this year in DC and only give up two runs. Sanchez is 3-0 career with a 2.97 ERA in ten starts career against the Nationals.

The Nats will be graced by Andre Dawson and Gary Carter tonight, as the former takes his place in the Nats' "Ring of Fame", which I didn't even know existed. Good for him and the city of Montreal.

LATE NOTE-APPARENTLY THE NATS ARE UNVEILING THE "RING OF FAME" TONIGHT--I JUST THOUGHT I WASN'T THAT OBSERVANT.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: Marlins at Nats II 

Post#2 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:18 am

Strasburg struggling...velocity not quite as overpowering.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Jollay » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:23 am

I don't know, it did seem like Strasburg was not at his best, but it also seemed like his velocity/stuff was okay. Credit the Marlins, who decided to be aggressive with Strasburg even on a pitchcount. You would think the Marlins' primarily right-handed free-swinging lineup would be tailor-made for Strasburg, but I guess seeing him for the second time helped.

In any case, Marlins win 8-2. Crowd was mediocre, only at about 26,000. Good times, but the whole night had a weird feel to it--the honoring of two Expos as well as Strasburg's unexpected mediocrity.

Chris Volstad goes against Scott Olsen tonight. Volstad has two wins against the Nats this year already, one a complete game.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Seems odd to honor former Expos.

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Jollay » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 am

If you were about the fight the Greeks or the Trojans, you would seek their best guy out on the battlefield, at least in a movie, and try to kill him to demoralize the opposition. If you were in prison, you would beat up the biggest guy in the yard so you got respect and didn't have to become a prison beeyotch.

It kinda feels like the Marlins did that to Strasburg, and the Nats have no fight in them whatsoever. Hanging out in the Bullpen before the game, it was 4-0 Marlins before we even entered. It's a bad sign when you see "Volstad" on the scoreboard batting in the first...

Nats lose, needless to say. I think Livo goes tonight, so maybe that fixes things???? Season is gone, it really boils down to signing Bryce Harper and Adam Dunn now.

On a bright spot, I'm pretty sure my friends and I have Scott Boras' number now. No lie. Tough to think we won't be calling sometime late this weekend...
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by craig01 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Jollay wrote:If you were about the fight the Greeks or the Trojans, you would seek their best guy out on the battlefield, at least in a movie, and try to kill him to demoralize the opposition. If you were in prison, you would beat up the biggest guy in the yard so you got respect and didn't have to become a prison beeyotch.

It kinda feels like the Marlins did that to Strasburg, and the Nats have no fight in them whatsoever. Hanging out in the Bullpen before the game, it was 4-0 Marlins before we even entered. It's a bad sign when you see "Volstad" on the scoreboard batting in the first...

Nats lose, needless to say. I think Livo goes tonight, so maybe that fixes things???? Season is gone, it really boils down to signing Bryce Harper and Adam Dunn now.

On a bright spot, I'm pretty sure my friends and I have Scott Boras' number now. No lie. Tough to think we won't be calling sometime late this weekend...

Let me know how the call goes....lol

Rain delay tonight.

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Jollay » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Nats get swept. Nolasco was great. Morale is not high.

Return to Washington Nationals