Visiting Denver tips!

Moderator: THE J0KER

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Visiting Denver tips! 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 am

Hello!

Warriors fan here and I plan on visiting Denver Nov 5th-9th and planning to stay downtown. I havent booked anything yet, but wanted to see if anyone on the board here has any tips and recommendations on close places to stay?

I do plan on staying within a mile of the stadium, but im open to hearing any other locations that's a quick train ride or affordable/fun.I've already begun YouTubing places to check out, but wanted to hear from the board on RealGM!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,845

Re: Visiting Denver tips! 

Post#2 » by TunaFish » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:32 am

cdubbz wrote:Hello!

Warriors fan here and I plan on visiting Denver Nov 5th-9th and planning to stay downtown. I havent booked anything yet, but wanted to see if anyone on the board here has any tips and recommendations on close places to stay?

I do plan on staying within a mile of the stadium, but im open to hearing any other locations that's a quick train ride or affordable/fun.I've already begun YouTubing places to check out, but wanted to hear from the board on RealGM!

That's a difficult question to answer because there are a number of assumptions that have to be made. I have always enjoyed staying downtown in the past but it comes with a hefty price tag and like any city you have to be aware of the surroundings. Lots to do there if you like the bar/music scene. There are too many choices to narrow an answer.

One key is whether you have transportation because there are great places to stay if you can drive a short distance, i.e. downtown Golden (essentially a suburb) has an excellent hotel (search on google) and the town is great fun.

For my own reasons, I like to stay outside of downtown near Centennial Co because of price and the ability to get anywhere fast, again you need transportation but there are hotel locations near the light rail. The football stadium and Ball arena are not in areas with great hotels, in my experience, so I park or ride public transportation instead. Same with staying downtown, you still will have to plan transport.

Don't forget to eat the great mexican food like the Blue Bonnet, Hacienda and especially the Brewery Bar II (best green chili in the world).
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:49 pm

If you are looking for close and comfortable; 3-Star rated Springhill Suites by Mariot is almost next door. Just little further away, about half a mile is 5-Star rated Four Seasons in the Larimer Square area which is somewhat of a "Hot Spot". Larimer Square is also a better choice for nearby restaurants.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Sun Oct 1, 2023 7:22 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:

If you are looking for close and comfortable; 3-Star rated Springhill Suites by Mariot is almost next door. Just little further away, about half a mile is 5-Star rated Four Seasons in the Larimer Square area which is somewhat of a "Hot Spot". Larimer Square is also a better choice for nearby restaurants.

I checked out Springhill Suites, but I went with a Home2suites hotel by the convention center. Close to a lot of things as well and affordable.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#5 » by cdubbz » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:56 am

I’ll be most likely going to the Pelicans game and Warriors game that week! Monday/Wednesday. Tuesday for any site seeing
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,845

Post#6 » by TunaFish » Tue Oct 3, 2023 12:19 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’ll be most likely going to the Pelicans game and Warriors game that week! Monday/Wednesday. Tuesday for any site seeing

Enjoy, it should be a great show.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:02 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’ll be most likely going to the Pelicans game and Warriors game that week! Monday/Wednesday. Tuesday for any site seeing

If you've never been in the Rocky Mountains, that's the best place to go. Just about seeing them.
Vail is a very popular destination and Estes Park as well.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#8 » by cdubbz » Tue Oct 3, 2023 8:08 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:

If you've never been in the Rocky Mountains, that's the best place to go. Just about seeing them.
Vail is a very popular destination and Estes Park as well.

I’m thee Monday-Thursday. Most likely going to stay just downtown and surrounding
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#9 » by cdubbz » Mon Oct 9, 2023 4:47 am

If anyone on the board wants to meet up and go to the Pelicans or Warrior game in November let me know!

Return to Denver Nuggets