2023 Preseason 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:42 am

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Re: 2023 Preseason 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:39 pm

The first preseason game is very interesting. 2023 WC semifinal rematch which many expect to be the 2024 WC final! There are big changes in the Suns roster this summer, but they are playing on home soil and MPJ will not play, and also, we don't know how seriously both coaches will take this potentially spectacular matchup, so it is hard to predict anything.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,845

Post#3 » by TunaFish » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:45 am

THE J0KER wrote:The first preseason game is very interesting. 2023 WC semifinal rematch which many expect to be the 2024 WC final! There are big changes in the Suns roster this summer, but they are playing on home soil and MPJ will not play, and also, we don't know how seriously both coaches will take this potentially spectacular matchup, so it is hard to predict anything.

Mike Malone will not be coaching tonight due to his father's death.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,273

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:00 pm

Seems like we have the makings of a bench, guys. Strawther and Nnaji lead the team in scoring, Hunter struggled with his shooting but added 4 boards, even Reggie showed up with 14pts and 3 assists
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#5 » by TunaFish » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:33 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Seems like we have the makings of a bench, guys. Strawther and Nnaji lead the team in scoring, Hunter struggled with his shooting but added 4 boards, even Reggie showed up with 14pts and 3 assists

Strawther was impressive. Natural shooter with good bbiq. Nanji was very good as well. Some of the young guys may break out sooner than we thought.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:41 am

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Seems like we have the makings of a bench, guys. Strawther and Nnaji lead the team in scoring, Hunter struggled with his shooting but added 4 boards, even Reggie showed up with 14pts and 3 assists

Strawther was impressive. Natural shooter with good bbiq. Nanji was very good as well. Some of the young guys may break out sooner than we thought.

We drafted this season for a reason 21y and two 23y old guys because we need at least one of them as TOP3 backup options as soon as possible. Doing the same with another "rookie veteran" Christian Braun last season already paid off!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#7 » by TunaFish » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:13 pm

Even though the Nuggets lost in Chicago, that was a 2 overtime performance by the bottom of the roster including training camp invitees. The rookies continue to impress. Strawther is starting to look like a veteran.

Ever heard of Andrew Funk? I haven't and he had an outstanding performance particularly with his 3 point shooting. The Nuggets may have to make a roster move with their 2 ways to keep him.
Canned in Denver.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,346

Post#8 » by DaFan334 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:43 pm

TunaFish wrote:Even though the Nuggets lost in Chicago, that was a 2 overtime performance by the bottom of the roster including training camp invitees. The rookies continue to impress. Strawther is starting to look like a veteran.

Ever heard of Andrew Funk? I haven't and he had an outstanding performance particularly with his 3 point shooting. The Nuggets may have to make a roster move with their 2 ways to keep him.

Funk has a similar game to Jokic actually. I think they used him the summer league to run some of their usual offense. I don't think he has the physical tools to be an NBA player, but will probably find himself a roll on the Gold this year.

I can definitely see some of the Kevin Martin comparisons in Strawther's game. That would be huge if he could continue this into the regular season.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#9 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:57 am

DaFan334 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:Even though the Nuggets lost in Chicago, that was a 2 overtime performance by the bottom of the roster including training camp invitees. The rookies continue to impress. Strawther is starting to look like a veteran.

Funk has a similar game to Jokic actually. I think they used him the summer league to run some of their usual offense. I don't think he has the physical tools to be an NBA player, but will probably find himself a roll on the Gold this year.

I can definitely see some of the Kevin Martin comparisons in Strawther's game. That would be huge if he could continue this into the regular season.

Very similar build, same height and both were low 1st round picks. If Strawther can shoot like Kevin Martin, it could get very interestinlg.
Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:57 am

DaFan334 wrote:

I am not familiar enough with Funk to have an informed opinion but based on limited observation he has 3 point ability. That's valuable but he has a tough hill to climb with the Nuggets because of a roster carrying a number of shooting guards.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:32 am

So, what's up with MPJ's ankle, 3 games in and not PT so far. Heard it was a non-issue, seems like an issue to me.

skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:04 pm

Interesting game last night, we played our 2nd unit vs most of the LAC starting unit. PG13 was on his usual game, even our old friend Bones showed (somewhat) with a 12pt game. Hunter led the team off the bench with 19pts, Reggie chimmed in with 15. Two surprises for me were Braxton Keys, who had a solid game with 14pt while veteran Justin Hollliday continues to struggle, going 1-6 for just 3pts, truly expected more this whole preseason from him

skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:37 pm

Preseason comes to a close (finally) with a win over the Clip-jointers, Joker looking back to his normal self with a 25/14/8 line. Nice to see Zeke come up with 13/6 off the bench, looking like he's ready to earn some money. Bones Cryland trying to show what he can do, poured in 25/7/6 for a nice statline himself, all in a losing effort.

Pwat had a rough game, going only 1-7, have to watch him to see if he can pull it together. Stll no MPJ, hope his absence the entire preseason was precautionary rest/load management. All in all the preseason showed me out starting 5 (4 ?) will be fine, do wonder if Murray will have another of his infamous slow starts, and the bench unit will be fine, Strawman, Hunter, Zeke, even Reggie look like they can provide some serious O, while Braun (did he play in preseason ?), Key and Pwat can play some stellar D

Time to DEFEND OUR TITLE !!!!

Return to Denver Nuggets