ImageImageImage

The Next Generation

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,273

The Next Generation 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:20 pm

Was just checking in on the Grand Rapid Gold and saw Colin Gilespie was averaging and astounding 21/9/11 statline for the PG position. C Jay Huff looking at 18/8 while Braxton Keys is doing 24/13/4. Yeah, it's the G-League but geez, we got some talent going on down there. Andre Miller is coaching these guys UP !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Re: The Next Generation 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:01 am

I guess that big G-League success is not enough for Malone to give him a chance this season, but it can be a ticket for Colin Gilespie to get a chance next season. My conclusion is based on Torrey Craig, Monte Morris, and PJ Dozier's cases where the Nuggets still ignored them in a season when they proved that they were already too good for the G-League, but Denver gives them a fair NBA chance very next season.

My problem with Jay Huff and Braxton Keys is the fact that they are already 26 years old, so my focus in the Grand Rapid Gold roster is 24y point guards Colin Gilespie and Jalen Pickett where, so far, the numbers of the latter make me even happier, because I'm most focussed in both cases on their 3pt%, assists and steals. Colin Gilespie's triple-doubles look impressive, but we know he can't have his G-League great rebounding translate into the NBA, so Pickett's 22-6-9 with 45%3p% and almost 2 steals gives him an even better chance to see him on the Denver bench very next time when Murray or Reggie will miss the game (IMO).

Return to Denver Nuggets