ImageImageImage

Trade idea?

Moderator: THE J0KER

berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Trade idea? 

Post#1 » by berserker » Tue Jan 1, 2008 11:43 pm

If Pietrus wanted to leave Golden State and come to Denver, he'd fit in quite well.....he's a solid enough 2 guard and can play a little d. Can also play the three. Obryant would be a nice young addition behind Camby/Nene...

Pietrus/Obryant for

JR Smith/Eduardo Najera.

Think about this one. Obryant has shown some ability as a young 7 ftr, and Pietrus is less of a headcase and an upgrade where we need it, at the two. Nene/Martin could play PF, and Camby/Obryant at center. Thoughts?
L-Burna89
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by L-Burna89 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 11:53 pm

No way.....

We already have an equivalent to Pietrus with Diawara(or even Bobby Jones), we don't need another. J.R. is also a much better player.

Najera is a solid contributer.....O'Bryant is a worthless scrub.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,998

Post#3 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:21 am

Are you trying to make Karl leave the team?! First he has a cussing fit because the Jazz got Korver, now you want to trade one of his boys?!

Hmm.. wait.. I'd actually almost be for this if Karl left, but keep JR here. Trade Najera for something.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#4 » by corona » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:46 am

he's a career 35% 3 point shooter - he won't make us better there.
his defense has always been overrated - won't make us better there. (how much better can we be?)
he can't handle the ball - won't help us limit turnovers or create shots.

karl won't play him for the above reasons.

he changes nothing. jr smith is a significantly better player, and he'd thrive playing under nellie.
and o'bryant's a scrub. eddie's way better even if he's 5 inches shorter.
Nuggetsfanduh98
Starter

Post#5 » by Nuggetsfanduh98 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:40 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Are you trying to make Karl leave the team?! First he has a cussing fit because the Jazz got Korver, now you want to trade one of his boys?!

Hmm.. wait.. I'd actually almost be for this if Karl left, but keep JR here. Trade Najera for something.

Why you wanna trade Eddie??? He is our Hustler and IMO our best cutter to the basket...The main thing he Likes playing D!
L-Burna89
Banned User

Post#6 » by L-Burna89 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:52 am

Nuggetsfanduh98 wrote:Why you wanna trade Eddie??? He is our Hustler and IMO our best cutter to the basket...The main thing he Likes playing D!

Reading is fundamental.... :dontknow:
T-33
Freshman

Post#7 » by T-33 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:43 am

Keep JR and Eddy, but replace O'Bryant and Pietrus with Monta Ellis and then we'd be getting someone who would actually contribute more for the guys were giving up lol.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#8 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:10 am

Nuggetsfanduh98 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why you wanna trade Eddie??? He is our Hustler and IMO our best cutter to the basket...The main thing he Likes playing D!

English isn't your first language? I was joking, saying to trade him, because Karl would then leave the team.
Nuggetsfanduh98
Starter

Post#9 » by Nuggetsfanduh98 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:40 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

English isn't your first language? I was joking, saying to trade him, because Karl would then leave the team.

Yes it is my first language and If I am right this is not English class brotha...This is the Nuggets discussion board and if you gotta a problem with it don't read it aight....
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#10 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:32 pm

Nuggetsfanduh98 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes it is my first language and If I am right this is not English class brotha...This is the Nuggets discussion board and if you gotta a problem with it don't read it aight....

I wasn't correcting your English, but this is a discussion board, so you should actually take the time to read and understand what someone post's before responding, because you obviously didn't with me. Quoting what I said, then asking why I'd do something, when I already said why in the quote.

As L-Burna89 said, "Reading is fundamental."

Return to Denver Nuggets