ImageImageImage

Nuggets forward Vlatko Cancar suffered a torn ACL in his left knee playing for Slovenia yesterday

Moderator: THE J0KER

BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,056

Nuggets forward Vlatko Cancar suffered a torn ACL in his left knee playing for Slovenia yesterday 

Post#1 » by BelgradeNugget » Sat Aug 5, 2023 8:36 pm

:( :( :( :o :o :o
Read on Twitter
?
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,845

Re: Nuggets forward Vlatko Cancar suffered a torn ACL in his left knee playing for Slovenia yesterday 

Post#2 » by TunaFish » Sun Aug 6, 2023 5:50 pm

He will be missed.
Canned in Denver.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,346

Re: Nuggets forward Vlatko Cancar suffered a torn ACL in his left knee playing for Slovenia yesterday 

Post#3 » by DaFan334 » Sun Aug 6, 2023 7:26 pm

Sucks, it seemed like this was the year he could be a rotational player. Definitely puts more pressure on Zeke Nnaji (who needs to perform) and Watson and may show our thin front court is a bit of a hole. I wonder if they replace him or not.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#4 » by Coeur » Mon Aug 7, 2023 1:09 am

Dang. I was sure he would be the big breakthrough player to fill and even exceed the Jeff green role.

The risk in players playing international ball for their countries.

Nnaji and Watson. Porter more mins at the 4. KCP and Braun more “sf”

Obviously this isn’t looked at as a huge loss- but it’s a lot bigger than it looks.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#5 » by TunaFish » Tue Aug 8, 2023 7:39 pm

The list of available free agent power forwards (check spotrac) is pretty bleak. Does the FO think they have enough bigs? It seems likely that they are going to have to address this in some way.

I am thinking that they might cut Cancar and his non guaranteed contract to open a roster spot, unless they think they have a replacement in house. If Zeke goes down they don't have much there.
Canned in Denver.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 394

Post#6 » by Manolito » Wed Aug 9, 2023 7:20 am

I am surprised nobody mentioned Hunter Tyson. Cancar's injury is a big opportunity for him. He show some flashes during summer league, it is worth investing in him some playing time. Nnaji as PF is also something should happen this season
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,272

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 9, 2023 7:00 pm

Manolito wrote:I am surprised nobody mentioned Hunter Tyson. Cancar's injury is a big opportunity for him. He show some flashes during summer league, it is worth investing in him some playing time. Nnaji as PF is also something should happen this season

Hunter is an obvious choice, hopefully he can fill that role but he is a rookie and who knows what he'll bring. I'm with you, hope Malone can show enough in the SL Sensation !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#8 » by TunaFish » Wed Aug 9, 2023 11:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:I am surprised nobody mentioned Hunter Tyson. Cancar's injury is a big opportunity for him. He show some flashes during summer league, it is worth investing in him some playing time. Nnaji as PF is also something should happen this season

Hunter is an obvious choice, hopefully he can fill that role but he is a rookie and who knows what he'll bring. I'm with you, hope Malone can show enough in the SL Sensation !

I am impressed too but to me he is big wing or small forward. He doesn't match up well defensively at power forward due to his size. He will first need some seasoning at small forward (defensively) as well.

Nevertheless, he has talent but we need to see some preseason games before jumping too high on his offensive skills.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,272

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:10 pm

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I am impressed too but to me he is big wing or small forward. He doesn't match up well defensively at power forward due to his size. He will first need some seasoning at small forward (defensively) as well.

Nevertheless, he has talent but we need to see some preseason games before jumping too high on his offensive skills.

Well, at 6'9" 235lbs, I see him as more of a stretch 4, a combo forward. He's definitely a tweener, I'm looking forward to see him at a higher level of competition.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets