ImageImageImage

Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3)

Moderator: THE J0KER

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3) 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Image-------------------------------------------Image

------------------November 13, 2009 :violin: 8:30 MT :violin: Pepsi Center-------------------
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Random Tidbits:
:) Carmelo Anthony is third in the NBA in scoring, averaging 30.6 points per game.

:sour: Kobe Bryant is first in the NBA in scoring, averaging 33.6 points per game.

:banghead: Denver lost to the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals in 6 games.

:droop: The Lakers play the Suns Thursday night.

:cowboy: Carrie Underwood > the Nuggets.

<

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (6-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3) 

Post#2 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Guess I'll pop the cork on this one.........nice GT MHZ, gonna be a hell'va game on Friday for sure. Liking the Carrie pic a lot........but damn one of those dancers look like a dude. The one looking down on Carrie.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
MELOgaManiac
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#3 » by MELOgaManiac » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:42 pm

We need this win for 1 to send a stmnt to the lakers and 2 so we can get back on the good foot

Key points: Billups has to take advantage of LA point guards
We gotta rebound as a team
Melo play against artest/odom
SnakefromHell
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by SnakefromHell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 am

Is Bynum playing?? I don't think we can match with them rebounding, we need to get really hot and not have a lot of misses, they're not going to give us second chance points. This is sad, Gasol is not even playing and I don't think we're good enough to beat them the way we've lost in Milwaukee, Miami.

We need to focus on ball movement, less ball handling except by Melo, the 1, 2, 3 guys should at all times help the 4, 5 guys rebound the ball. Let Afflalo shut down Kobe and drain 10 threes and we should win :D
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by J Smitty » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am

I'm glad we have a day off before this game. Even still, the first game back after a long road trip is essentially another road game(especially considering half the people that go to these LA games are transplant Laker fan douches), which really doesn't help when it's against a quality opponent like LA.

That said, with Gasol out I'd have to say we are the more talented team. And as such, we really should win this game. If Bynum doesn't player either, there are no excuses. We better come out amped up and treat this like a playoff game.
KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#6 » by KAVK » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:36 am

This will be the good game! If we get out there with total focus and get W. Will clearly state that we do not bring out our A game against teams that are not in contention! Guys like AA, Ty likely to have a decent game & J.R is big part in this one as well as Nene and other bigs. GOTTA BOX OUT! & MOVE THE BALL. If you don't have a guy like Rodman then u gotta clog the paint to give yourselves a good chance to grab the ball. Gasol is out, that is big chance for us to get this W, however deep down i would love to see both squad on the full strength to get at it.

Billups will have big game. 6-3 record is acceptable except that Bucks game so far. Now after LAL schedule looks like favors us.
George Karl !
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#7 » by SnakefromHell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:17 am

Saw Lakers-Suns today. Bynum is back, and was just a tough cover (26 pts, 15 rbds). The way the rebounded in that game, I don't think we can get even close, let alone match up with them. They just put their hands up and the ball magically went to their hands for offensive boards and numerous second chances... even their role players Walton, Powell just put their hands up and they got offensive boards. It's ridiculous.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#8 » by pickaxe » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:59 am

Idk that game last tonight looks like it simply primed the Lakers....but then again maybe b2b then travel to altitude will affect them a little. Wouldn't rely on it other than to keep in mind we have 2 days off before the next game so going all out (in a coordinated manner) would make sense for this game. Basically, push it whenever the momentum goes our way.

lol didn't think about the fact the Suns were coming off a b2b where they score 75 points in the 1st half. woops

I'm mostly looking for effort. More rebounding it right. More good passing. Less forced iso.

put the ball in the basket like this
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by el loco » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 am

I thought it was against league policy to let the Lakers leave LA before the all-star break. I doubt that any of the Lakers even know what it is like to fly and I doubt if they know how to pack for such a quick trip. The Lakers will probably try to bring everything along on the trip, so I hope they are flying on southwest airlines (no hidden luggage fee).
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by el loco » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 am

Ty Lawson has played as many regular-season games against the Los Angeles Lakers as, well, you have, dear reader. But ask Lawson about the Lakers, and he sounds like, well, you again.

Dude wants to beat L.A.

"I'm already ready to beat the Lakers — it's a rivalry," the Nuggets' rookie point guard said this week. "We've got to set a tone early. Last year they beat us in the Western Conference finals, so this year, we're going to set the tone that we're not taking it this year — we're going to get this win."

"it's a game against the world champions, so it's going to mean a little something more," Denver's Chauncey Billups said. "But it's not like we have to win the game or else we're done."

Tonight's game will have enough marquee matchups to make an onlooker dizzy, but if there's one to focus on, it's Artest against Carmelo Anthony.

"The Lakers have a good way at zoning (Anthony) up — he's not playing against one guy very often," Karl said. "For me, Melo is a simple theory. Big guy on him, go outside; little guy on him, go inside. Get as many baskets and touches in transitions as you can."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_13776454
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#11 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:21 pm

For those questioning if Bynum is playing?...........Yes he is
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by MHZ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I'm not sure why anybody was questioning it. He announced he was playing in the Suns game earlier in the week, which makes him pretty much a lock to play against Denver.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by MHZ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:17 pm

I'm not a fan of the late games, particularly when they're in Denver and shouldn't be that late if it weren't for television purposes.

I'm not all that confident about this, even though they played last night. This team just hasn't shown much in the last handful of games. I can easily envision Artest frustrating the hell out of Melo, and Bynum dominating.
GuyJones
Junior
And1: 54

Post#14 » by GuyJones » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 pm

I will be at the Pepsi Center tonight to watch this game!! The crowd should be super loud since i am pretty sure the game is sold out. It wasn't too cheap either... :( I will be wearing my Iverson jersey, but i went to hobby lobby, scratched out the "Iver" and put some yellow tape with "Law." Ghetto rigged Lawson jersey FTW! (Wasn't an authentic so I dont care about it).

Hope the Nuggets can come out with a lot of intensity and get off to an early lead. We have been struggling in the first quarter so far this year.

Also great game thread. That pic of Carrie is very nice. I agree with DEEP3CL those girls looking down on her are so broke. All of them look like men especially the two right above her. Get them out of there.

Anyway GO NUGGETS!!

What is the spread for this game?
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by MHZ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Nuggets -4.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#16 » by pickaxe » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Leg wrote:I will be at the Pepsi Center tonight to watch this game!! The crowd should be super loud since i am pretty sure the game is sold out. It wasn't too cheap either... :( I will be wearing my Iverson jersey, but i went to hobby lobby, scratched out the "Iver" and put some yellow tape with "Law." Ghetto rigged Lawson jersey FTW! (Wasn't an authentic so I dont care about it).

Hope the Nuggets can come out with a lot of intensity and get off to an early lead. We have been struggling in the first quarter so far this year.

Also great game thread. That pic of Carrie is very nice. I agree with DEEP3CL those girls looking down on her are so broke. All of them look like men especially the two right above her. Get them out of there.

Anyway GO NUGGETS!!

What is the spread for this game?

lol @ Iver :lol:

Maybe we can take used Boykins jerseys wherever they are and change them to "Sonkins"
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by el loco » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Boykins just signed with Washington :lol:

When I first saw that picture of Carrie, the first thought that came to my mind about the chick standing over her was "Dude looked like a lady" minus the boob job of course, she must be from LA.

I would like to see Nene sprint up and down the floor tonight and beat Bynum to his spots. Nene is pretty fluid at running the floor for a big man, and it is something the Nuggets could/should start taking advantage of. Get the Big guy a few easy buckets to keep him more involved on the offensive end.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by MHZ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Especially considering the Lakers played last night. Might as well make them run.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#19 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Lakers fan here, I don't know what Carrie Underwood has to do with this game, but I am glad she is in the game thread.
Forum permissions