ImageImageImage

Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3)

Moderator: THE J0KER

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3) 

Post#41 » by el loco » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:10 am

Powder Blue wrote:After that dunk I'm speechless

Yeah, that was the icing on the cake.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by el loco » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

KidNine wrote:OMG TY

great 3rd.

Lakers were on a B@B though weren't they?
and no Pau made a huge difference for them..

not really happy with Chaunceys shot selection but Melo, Affalo, Ty and JR were fantastic.

Billups had 9 or 10 assists, his shot wasn't falling but he was distributing the ball well enough to make up for it.

They do miss Gasol, but the back to back siht I ain't buying. The Nuggets just finished playing 7 of 9 on the road, have played in 4 back to backs already and a 4 in 5 nights.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#43 » by pickaxe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:22 am

All stepped up. Billups not perfect but he took extra care with his passes. Birdman more energy and delivered more. Kenyon emphatic. Melo huge head of steam. Afflalo brilliant defense. Ty ripping defenders left and right. J-Earl hitting his spots. Nene no dunks but a lot of poise. George Karl with the perfect feel for who to put in there. Ok, pinch me.

put the ball in the basket like this
phat_24
Junior
And1: 5

Post#44 » by phat_24 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:22 am

You guys blew us out by 25+ and you have 3 pages in a GT? Where are your fans? I seriously was expecting more unless I'm posting in the wrong thread. Anyway the Lakers didn't show up and the Nuggets wanted it more and showed it with their D and hustle. Lawson is looking good as is Afflalo. See you for game 2, 3 and 4. Really well played.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#45 » by pickaxe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:24 am

phat_24 wrote:You guys blew us out by 25+ and you have 3 pages in a GT? Where are your fans? I seriously was expecting more unless I'm posting in the wrong thread. Anyway the Lakers didn't show up and the Nuggets wanted it more and showed it with their D and hustle. Lawson is looking good as is Afflalo. See you for game 2, 3 and 4. Really well played.

probably down at the pepsi center or heading home - can't wait for the next game

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by el loco » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:27 am

meloivynene wrote:
phat_24 wrote:You guys blew us out by 25+ and you have 3 pages in a GT? Where are your fans? I seriously was expecting more unless I'm posting in the wrong thread. Anyway the Lakers didn't show up and the Nuggets wanted it more and showed it with their D and hustle. Lawson is looking good as is Afflalo. See you for game 2, 3 and 4. Really well played.

probably down at the pepsi center or heading home - can't wait for the next game

The Nuggets fans have another board that is pretty popular and it has a game chat, so a lot of guys use it on game nights, the other 5 fans went to the game :lol:
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#47 » by corona » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am

that was fun.

not looking forward to the next meeting though. lakers gonna have some super-revenge on their minds. :|
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#48 » by corona » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:39 am

berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#49 » by berserker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:39 am

Ty Lawson's dunk, as well as Dwade over Varajao (earlier game) were the two sickest I've seen in a LONG time. Holy CRAP.

Great game by the Nuggs. Everyone played with a purpose - team defense. We started slow but really played well on the first unit, but even better off the bench. Ty/JR is a PERFECT combination against the Lakers bench. Anderson played like he had a pulse finally, Chauncey was efficient, Affalo played excellent defense and overall, Kmart and Nene hustled and played very well. I really liked what I saw out of our team tonight. I wish Gasol were playing just to see what the final would have been. but something like 29 pts overall in the 2nd half? That's fantastic.

We're a lot better than people give us credit for. I think we like being under the radar, however....
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by el loco » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:40 am

corona wrote:that was fun.

not looking forward to the next meeting though. lakers gonna have some super-revenge on their minds. :|

Just enjoy the moment Corona, worry about the other stuff when it gets here :lol: Do you still make GIF's? That lawesome dunk on Mbenga would be a good one for someone wanting one.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by el loco » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:41 am

I gotta give the Birdman some credit, he played like the old Birdman tonight.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#52 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:46 am

I really think the Lakers missed Gasol who can make a ton of plays for them in the high post. This game, Afflalo played great defense on Kobe, and we did an excellent job of crowding Kobe, but there's no guarantee he can follow up the same defense in the next three games, I'm talking about the refs who can call ridiculous fouls on him in LA and take him away from the game, but if he can stay on the floor, he is officially our Kobe defender.

But my goodness... :) that was great defense in the third by us... it seems like the whole team, not just Melo really focused in on defense, all helping out, great rotation, great help team defense, everybody helped everybody. There's really a strong desire you can feel from the team they really wanted to beat the Lakers... they just focused to get things done on that end.

If we can play every team like this on the defensive end, we can be the best team in the L, but it expends a lot of energy... so I don't think they will do it to every team. Discipline can be improved though.

Birdman is also back, I am happy although he still got thrown around, he tried to hold his own against Bynum and Odom.

And Ty! My goodness, that's ill...!!! We need to show him video of Aaron Brooks killing the Lakers last playoffs, or show Karl, so we can just unleash him just on the Lakers.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#53 » by Powder Blue » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:49 am

Where can I get a crisp photo of this dunk???
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#54 » by pickaxe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:49 am

el loco wrote:

Just enjoy the moment Corona, worry about the other stuff when it gets here :lol: Do you still make GIF's? That lawesome dunk on Mbenga would be a good one for someone wanting one.

Ty's stare into the camera was pretty good too.
berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#55 » by berserker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 am

Agreed
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#56 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:14 am

Well the Lakers won't see the Nuggets until February 5th and 28th in LA. But yeah you're right they won't forget it. No excuses tonight we got worked plain and simple.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Shady08
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by Shady08 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 am

What a fun game! We played solid in the first half to give ourselves a chance to win, but in the second half we just played phenomenal.

Ty Lawson....WOW

He is going to be a stud.

Afflalo played very well he is an upgrade Jones, what a steal.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#58 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 am

I remember 1999-2000 Lakers were neck and neck with Portland, they played the second game of season in Portland with records tied for best in the league... but after the win, LA soared, Portland spiraled down.

I hope it could be like that too, we both have like 40 wins each and then matchup in LA in February. It's gonna be good. But this time we're not the Portland.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#59 » by pickaxe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:26 am

I'm going to rewatch the entire second half. That 8 points in the 3rd quarter seems like a blur...

KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#60 » by KAVK » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:08 am

It was like scratching right on the right spot. Poor Mbenga ain't gonna get this one outta his head for a while. When he gets in the game all we gotta do is bring in the Ty on 5, he will wet his pants :lol:

Billups will get his touch back as we go along. He had nice game however he was not shooting well. This is really good tune for us specially newcomers like AA Ty & rest. Real happy to see Bird doing his thing.

NOW: Gotta be consistent especially against teams that are not a contenders.
George Karl !

Return to Denver Nuggets