ImageImageImage

Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3)

Moderator: THE J0KER

GuyJones
Junior
And1: 54

Re: Game 10: Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) @ Denver Nuggets (6-3) 

Post#61 » by GuyJones » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:25 am

Couple things... That game was absolutely amazing. Seeing Kobe score ZERO points in the second half. When was the last time that has happened? Melo's 3rd quarter was crazy. His steal to dunk, plus the couple other dunks he had including the one off the pass from Chauncey. Just a great game, mvp type stuff.

phat_24 wrote:You guys blew us out by 25+ and you have 3 pages in a GT? Where are your fans? I seriously was expecting more unless I'm posting in the wrong thread. Anyway the Lakers didn't show up and the Nuggets wanted it more and showed it with their D and hustle. Lawson is looking good as is Afflalo. See you for game 2, 3 and 4. Really well played.

I would have been posting for this game if i wasn't at it :)

el loco wrote:The Nuggets fans have another board that is pretty popular and it has a game chat, so a lot of guys use it on game nights, the other 5 fans went to the game :lol:

I remember seeing this site last year but can't remember/find it. What was it :oops:

Finally if anyone can make/get a gif of that Ty dunk i would greatly appreciate it. IMO it surpasses the Chauncey off Kobe back play for avatar rights. It was so crazy the Pepsi Center was deafening at that point.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#62 » by MHZ » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:32 am

This was a game that the Nuggets needed for their psyche - it mattered a lot more for Denver than it did LA. Second of a B2B, no Gasol, no excuses to lose this one if you think you can compete in the playoffs. Incredible third quarter.

Five things that stood out:

1. AA on Kobe. Kobe's going to get his, but don't give him a ton of cheap foul shots, and make him hit tough jumpers if he's scoring. That's what AA did. He didn't go for lift fakes either. Great job.

2. Melo in the third. Playing against the Lakers brings out the best in Melo, for sure. It's a shame he got a BS foul or two in the first half.

3. Lawson. God, I love that draft pick. I knew it was good when it happened, but who would have thought he'd be paying off so much this early.

4. K-Mart/Nene/Birdman. I love the intensity tonight. The Nuggets need to stand up for themselves, not in a bitch at the refs type of way, but a physical, not backing down type of way. The bigs stood up for themselves tonight.

5. AC. This is the happiest I've been with AC in two seasons. 0 minutes.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by MHZ » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 am

Just realized that AC didn't even suit up. I was way more pumped when I thought he got a DNP-CD. I'm sure GK doesn't see any correlation between winning and AC not playing. I'm surprised Karl didn't counter people saying Gasol sat by mentioning that the Nuggets were without AC.
SnakefromHell
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:53 pm

^ :lol:

Another thing I'm happy is Afflalo's offense... his game on that end is so basic and fundamental, he's not going to force stupid shots, in other words, he's going to be consistent. As long as people move the ball and find him wide open, that's a good shot.

I love his sharp laser focus too, it's like the intensity and fire inside him never die, but not a douche way like Kobe's... it's good to have one or two guys like Arron, it puts the focus in the more easy going guys attitude to the game.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by el loco » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 pm

MHZ wrote:Just realized that AC didn't even suit up. I was way more pumped when I thought he got a DNP-CD. I'm sure GK doesn't see any correlation between winning and AC not playing. I'm surprised Karl didn't counter people saying Gasol sat by mentioning that the Nuggets were without AC.

I thought you knew that he was out with an injury. I liked the Gasol/AC part :rofl:
Nugologist
Senior

Post#66 » by Nugologist » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:04 pm

That was quite satisfying! To be 7-3 after having missed "Earl" for the first 7 and that big road trip is pretty impressive. Lawson and Afflalo have been huge, although I would like to see another big added to contend with the likes of Gasol in the playoffs. Great win!
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#67 » by The Chucker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Nice win Nuggets :wink:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#68 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Us Laker fans really like how ya boy SnakefromHell trolled on our board only to come in to throw some snide sarcastic remarks. That's cool though I see he can't take a win and act gracefully at the same time.

There were no Laker fans that came in this thread and said NOTHING derogatory about your team or fans. In fact it was only myself, snaquille oatmeal , Skyhook and phat_24 that dropped in and commented respectfully about the game.

See we only get poster to come and gloat only when the Lakers lose that's how it's always been. Yeah we lost so what, if you come and act classy about it then that's cool. But if you come and get all sarcastic and childish then you disrespecting our board.

You guys should be proud to have a jerk representing your board, he's a class act.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#69 » by berserker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Deep3CL, don't take it out on everyone here, though. We can't control what other people do. Most of the folks here are respectful....

But I do appreciate how you came about it with the board. There's senseless jerks from all forums...LOL

That being said, it was fun watching Ty posterize Mbenga and Powell last night... :-)

But I would much rather see a fully healthy Lakers/Nuggets game. Hope your team is healthy next time we meet...
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#70 » by J Smitty » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Agreed.

That said, had the Lakers not completely sucked or even won the game, there would no doubt have been Laker fans coming over here talking ****. It has happened in the past, so there is no reason to think it wouldn't have happened again, or wont in the future. Laker fans do that kind of thing ALL that time. So get off your high horse, would you.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#71 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 pm

berserker wrote:Deep3CL, don't take it out on everyone here, though. We can't control what other people do. Most of the folks here are respectful....

But I do appreciate how you came about it with the board. There's senseless jerks from all forums...LOL

That being said, it was fun watching Ty posterize Mbenga and Powell last night... :-)

But I would much rather see a fully healthy Lakers/Nuggets game. Hope your team is healthy next time we meet...
Naw I'm not taking it out on everybody, there are some cool guys here I know because I had convo with many like el loco, J Smitty and others.

And I totally get what J Smitty is saying about it being the other way around, hey all I can say is I don't do it........too old for that childish crap. So J Smitty I'n not on no high horse man, I'm just saying it would be cool if guys can take the W with some class.

Like I said we lost no biggie, now I'd be more pissed if we had lost to somebody we had no business losing to but it was the Nuggets. It's no embarrassment in losing to a team that just challenged for the Western Conference.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by MHZ » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm going to ignore the bickering - honestly the Lakers mods I'm sure can handle it if people are trolling that board. I don't see the relevance to any of the other Nuggets fans.

Melo +33 for the game. That's good to see.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#73 » by SnakefromHell » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:26 am

lol I posted only one line, if you see the thread, Laker fans talked about how funny it was this was a rivalry. Comments such as "can I remind me how many championships did the Nuggets win?" are classy? I think we have a sight and eye on that championship instead of "being Lakers' rivals" :wink: and I only posted one line whatever floats your boat I guess :wink:
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#74 » by pickaxe » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Hmmmm I don't remember any celebratory trash talking. This was more a win for this team than it was anything to brag over for beating the Lakers. True, it was versus the Lakers, but it was more the timing and the type of game it was than who it was against.

That being said, holding Kobe to zero points in the second is an intriguing minor accomplishment.

The Ty dunk was more fun than humiliating for anyone - and was a nice little introduction to his abilities.

We won one or two in the WCF......that's not winning the whole thing. I am looking forward to February 5th and also later that month - keeping in mind Jackson is the master of adjustments I am intrigued to see what mind meld he will perform.

put the ball in the basket like this
KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#75 » by KAVK » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:39 am

It was great win against the champs! LAL was on B2B & Missing Gasol, but we all go through these types of schedule. I will say this: LAL will miss Ariza's influence. Artest ain't the better fit over Ariza for LAL maybe to other teams he would have but not for LAL. He does not posses the knack of getting to the ball off the class like Ariza does /Rodman type relentless garbage man/. It is gonna be interesting to see Ron rest of the way.

BIGS done a good job. Melo was amazing! AA d was real good & most importantly smart. Little man was incredible. As a person he seems like the guy you do not have to worry about causing troubles like J.R & Melo did back in their young years /not disrespect to the them-just telling the truth/ as he grows up.

Our team is surprising the League lately a lot. But one thing i do not like is people still do not give us the credit that are due & that may have something to do with our inconsistency especially against teams that are not in contention.

Roster: Still need a another Big Beef Down Low. Would be nice to have another SF or PF that can shoot. Personally i think we won't stir this current roster much this year. maybe targeting for 2010 for major add up! Ideas Ideas.
George Karl !

Return to Denver Nuggets