Harden to the Cubs

Moderator: TyCobb

A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Harden to the Cubs 

Post#21 » by A.J. » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:51 pm

Good trade by the Cubbies. They are clearly the favorite to win the NL.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#22 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

A.J. wrote:Good trade by the Cubbies. They are clearly the favorite to win the NL.

Just wait until the Phillies become active at the deadline. You'll be all over them like a fat cake on a Hostess cupcake.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,064

Post#23 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm

"Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin arrived from Oakland late Wednesday afternoon and talked of their trade to the first-place Cubs: ''Exciting,'' Harden said. ''Really exciting,'' Gaudin said. But now that the excitement has died down -- at least until Harden's Cubs debut Saturday -- the first big order of business with the next big thing for the Cubs is this: How do they keep Harden on the mound often enough to help them end their 100-year drought? And how will the intense, patience-challenged Lou Piniella handle managing a guy who might need to be handled with a little extra care?"

Link
dbenton
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#24 » by dbenton » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:42 am

I have learned never to question Billy Beane, but this is a head scratcher for Oakland. In my mind, they all but give up their chance to make the playoffs this year and get no blue chip prospect in return. Gallagher has the chance to be good, but I don't think that is good enough to give up such a talented arm like Harden's.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#25 » by SportsWorld » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:29 am

Gallagher did well tonight and Murton had a nice catch and 2 RBI's. I expect Murton and Patterson to have success in Oakland. They never got a chance to get decent playing time with the Cubs so it will be interesting to see what they do with good playing time.

Return to The General MLB Board