Kyler Murray long term

Moderator: bwgood77

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Re: Kyler Murray long term 

Post#61 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:44 am

So he blew his ACL.

Next season is in jeopardy, would have been the last on his rookie deal.

Then 2024, it’s over $51 million.

Yikes!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#62 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:09 am

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
wco81
RealGM

Post#63 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 9:26 am

wco81 wrote:So he blew his ACL.

Yikes!

Saw on the ESPN crawl that Kyler remains on the PUP list but still wants to return during this season.

However he would have to return in the next 5 weeks.

Cards could be 2-1 and they aren’t trying to tank it seems. If they were tanking, why would Kyler bother trying to return this season?

He’s got guaranteed money and the team let Hopkins go.

They may decide to tank if a month from now their record is bad.

Would they draft a QB if they get a high enough pick?

They’re stuck with the contract but the GM and coach who drafted and play him are gone. The new HC and GM may argue for drafting another QB very high.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#64 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:45 am

wco81 wrote:
wco81 wrote:So he blew his ACL.

Yikes!

Saw on the ESPN crawl that Kyler remains on the PUP list but still wants to return during this season.

However he would have to return in the next 5 weeks.

Cards could be 2-1 and they aren’t trying to tank it seems. If they were tanking, why would Kyler bother trying to return this season?

He’s got guaranteed money and the team let Hopkins go.

They may decide to tank if a month from now their record is bad.

Would they draft a QB if they get a high enough pick?

They’re stuck with the contract but the GM and coach who drafted and play him are gone. The new HC and GM may argue for drafting another QB very high.

if they get Caleb, Murray is gone, they'll eat the cap hit. for Drake Maye, it would be an interesting discussion. anyone else, no.

even if he got guaranteed money no quarterback would want to lose his position, i think possibility of getting caleb lit a fire under him so he wants to come back and show he ball out. maybe even win couple games to avoid the top few picks.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,356

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 1, 2023 1:15 pm

If Drake Maye gets down wind he is going to Arizona, I hope he stays in college another year instead of going to that pathetic losing culture of a team and organization. Seriously, who would want to play there if your a promising young QB.
wco81
RealGM

Post#66 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:41 am

I haven't been watching the Cards but obviously the Cards-Eagles game got a lot of highlights coverage.

So has he played well enough coming off ACL that Cards might not draft a QB, even if they land in the top 5 of the draft?

Hell he just started his contract too I think so Cards may not be able to get off that deal for a couple more seasons.

But new GM and coach with no allegiance to Kyler so who knows.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,150

Post#67 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:31 am

wco81 wrote:I haven't been watching the Cards but obviously the Cards-Eagles game got a lot of highlights coverage.

So has he played well enough coming off ACL that Cards might not draft a QB, even if they land in the top 5 of the draft?

Hell he just started his contract too I think so Cards may not be able to get off that deal for a couple more seasons.

But new GM and coach with no allegiance to Kyler so who knows.

Based on what I’ve been reading there’s a very good chance they run it back with Kyler at least 1 more season. They will likely have a shot at drafting Marvin Harrison Jr, that should help. He needs a good-great OL though. If they don’t get him that it won’t be long before the Cards move on.
wco81
RealGM

Post#68 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 8:27 pm

Jonathon Gannon, finishing his first year as HC for the Cards, is all-in on Kyler.

"There is no doubt," Gannon said. "I love this guy [Murray]. Number 1' is our franchise quarterback. Being here with him for a year now, I'm more convicted than when I got here. Going through the process and our connection, developing a relationship with him. It was a little odd because you know you have your franchise quarterback, but he can't play [missed first nine games of 2023 while rehabbing from a torn ACL suffered in 2022]."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/50371/Jonathan-Gannon-There-Is-No-Doubt-Kyler-Murray-Is-Our-Franchise-QB
Nunuu
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#69 » by Nunuu » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:06 pm

wco81 wrote:Jonathon Gannon, finishing his first year as HC for the Cards, is all-in on Kyler.

"There is no doubt," Gannon said. "I love this guy [Murray]. Number 1' is our franchise quarterback. Being here with him for a year now, I'm more convicted than when I got here. Going through the process and our connection, developing a relationship with him. It was a little odd because you know you have your franchise quarterback, but he can't play [missed first nine games of 2023 while rehabbing from a torn ACL suffered in 2022]."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/50371/Jonathan-Gannon-There-Is-No-Doubt-Kyler-Murray-Is-Our-Franchise-QB

I doubt this is litte more than fluff because he knows he is stuck with Kyler for one more season at the least. He hasnt been good in a couple of years and a torn ACL is never good for your speed.

They cant really move on though as he has a dead cap hit of 81m next season.
wco81
RealGM

Post#70 » by wco81 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:45 pm

Nunuu wrote:
wco81 wrote:Jonathon Gannon, finishing his first year as HC for the Cards, is all-in on Kyler.

I doubt this is litte more than fluff because he knows he is stuck with Kyler for one more season at the least. He hasnt been good in a couple of years and a torn ACL is never good for your speed.

They cant really move on though as he has a dead cap hit of 81m next season.

There may be contractual limitations but if the Cards end up with a top 5 pick and this draft class is suppose to have some good QB prospects, they could have drafted one.

For instance, last draft wasn't as strong for QBs.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#71 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:10 am

They'll ALL weigh the money
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board