Rank these QBs in their first 3 years of who you'd want as your franchise QB going forward

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,727

Rank these QBs in their first 3 years of who you'd want as your franchise QB going forward 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:40 pm

Burrow
Herbert
Tua
Murray
Jones
Haskins
Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Jackson
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Re: Rank these QBs in their first 3 years of who you'd want as your franchise QB going forward 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:43 pm

Herbert
Murray
Allen
Burrow
Jackson (still dont trust run first QBs. It seems it usually takes the NFL a couple years to figure them out then they become pretty ordinary)
Mayfield
Tua
Darnold

(these 3 because I think there is no potential at all with them)
Jones
Haskins
Rosen
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,505

Re: Rank these QBs in their first 3 years of who you'd want as your franchise QB going forward 

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:53 pm

1. Kyler
2. Lamar
3. Allen
4. Burrow
5. Herbert

It's Kyler & it's not really close.

Burrow is gonna be a good pro. Allen & Herbert are very similar players imo. Both can absolutely chuck it.

The other guys you mentioned (Darnold, Rosen, Haskins, Jones, etc.) I wouldn't really want.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#4 » by jwise44 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Herbert—dude looks incredible, future star

Kyler—I should put him at one but Herbert looks that good to me

Jackson (3A)—no knock on Jackson, but he isn’t as good as Kyler or Herbert

Allen (3B)—inconsistent, but I love him

TBD—burrow—I’ve only watched one full game of burrow and it wasnt great, the rest has been on redzone

TBD—Tua—obviously I haven’t seen tua as a pro yet, but how fitzmagic got done so dirty it has me not rooting for him at the moment

The rest have proven they can’t play Unless they work hard and grow
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#5 » by hermes » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:52 pm

probably too early to make judgements on the rookies but you know i'm making josh allen my franchise qb
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#6 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 pm

Herbert- will be a superstar, already top 3 deep ball thrower, athletic, great arm, good decision maker

Murray-wanna see how he does in playoffs but looks like a real deal.
Allen-Great arm, improving each year
Burrow-accurate, great poise

Lamar, Tua, Jones, mayfield, darnold you can probably make it to playoffs and win a game or two with the right team around them but not championship caliber

Haskins, Rosen-backups at best
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,727

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:50 am

El Turco wrote:Herbert- will be a superstar, already top 3 deep ball thrower, athletic, great arm, good decision maker

Murray-wanna see how he does in playoffs but looks like a real deal.
Allen-Great arm, improving each year
Burrow-accurate, great poise

Lamar, Tua, Jones, mayfield, darnold you can probably make it to playoffs and win a game or two with the right team around them but not championship caliber

Haskins, Rosen-backups at best

I think he's 3rd against the blitz too in passer rating.

From The Athletic - Ted Nguyen

He’s tied for fourth in adjusted yards per attempt (9.0). Last week, he led the Chargers to a comeback win against the Jacksonville Jaguars and displayed all the traits that have people enamored by his potential, including his newfound aggression — he threw the ball deep (passes that traveled 20 yards or more in the air) 12 times.

The Chargers have one of the worst pass-blocking lines in the NFL, so Herbert has to deal with a lot of pressure. Despite it, he’s been remarkably poised and calm, especially for a rookie. Herbert has been elite under pressure this season. His 100.9 passer rating under pressure ranks third among qualifying quarterbacks.

Herbert has been elite on third down. Only Patrick Mahomes (138.2) has a higher passer rating than Herbert (132) on third down.

Also, Herbert’s 133.6 passer rating against the blitz ranks third among qualifying passers. He still needs to get better at identifying blitzes but right now, he’s making plays with his athletic ability.

Herbert has thrown some spectacular deep balls. He can throw remarkably long distances and hit his receivers in stride. With the Chargers down 29-22 in the third quarter, he threw one of his best passes of the season to tie the game. According to Pro Football Focus, Herbert ranks third all-time in big-time throws through the first seven weeks of the season with 16. They define a big-time throw “as a downfield throw or pass into a tight window on a high-value offensive play opportunity that shows excellent timing and accuracy.” Herbert is only behind Cam Newton and Andrew Luck despite only playing in five games.

Against the Jaguars, they increased their early-down passes in the first three quarters to 59% and on those passes, Herbert averaged 10.1 yards per attempt and threw three touchdowns with a passer rating of 137. Those early-down runs actually hurt Herbert more than it helped him. The Chargers are 28th in rushing offense DVOA, which makes Herbert’s success even more impressive.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,385

Post#8 » by Papi_swav » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:11 am

Lamar - will go down as the GOAT

Murray
Herbert
Allen
Burrow
Mayfield

After that everyone else is still a question mark (Tua, jones, Darnold) or just not good yet (Haskins , Rosen).
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#9 » by skones » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Lamar - will go down as the GOAT

Murray
Herbert
Allen
Burrow
Mayfield

After that everyone else is still a question mark (Tua, jones, Darnold) or just not good yet (Haskins , Rosen).

ZERO chance.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,434

Post#10 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Nov 3, 2020 4:34 pm

Murray
Herbert
Allen
Burrow
Mayfield

Lamar has elite athleticism and an incredible arm, but he lacks the accuracy and ability to make pinpoint throws outside of the numbers. League has finally caught up to him, I cant ever seen him coming close to replicating his MVP season.

1. Murray
2. Burrow
3. Herbert
4. Jackson
5. Allen
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,385

Post#11 » by Papi_swav » Tue Nov 3, 2020 6:31 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:

Murray
Herbert
Allen
Burrow
Mayfield

Lamar has elite athleticism and an incredible arm, but he lacks the accuracy and ability to make pinpoint throws outside of the numbers. League has finally caught up to him, I cant ever seen him coming close to replicating his MVP season.

1. Murray
2. Burrow
3. Herbert
4. Jackson
5. Allen

Yes I agree with u. I believe he will improve in those areas. And win 6 Super Bowls 8-)
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:37 pm

Murray
Herbert
Allen
Burrow
Mayfield

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#13 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:38 pm

1. Purdy
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#14 » by hermes » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:27 pm

its nice that no one calls me out on any of my hot takes after the fact, because everyone knows that i barely know what i'm talking about anyway
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 pm

Murray and Mayfield should be taken off that list.

Return to The General NFL Board