Draft thread

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Draft thread 

Post#821 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 am

Cowboys do nothing in free agency and then go cheap in the draft. I wonder why. :thinking:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#822 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 am

I need to open up a bottle of good wine.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,485

Post#823 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am

Eagles are killing it.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,107

Post#824 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys do nothing in free agency and then go cheap in the draft. I wonder why. :thinking:

They’ve actually had a good draft. Their last two picks are extremely physical guys Center Cooper Beebe and LB Marist Liufau.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#825 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I need to open up a bottle of good wine.

Never a bad choice. :beer:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#826 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys do nothing in free agency and then go cheap in the draft. I wonder why. :thinking:

They’ve actually had a good draft. Their last two picks are extremely physical guys Center Cooper Beebe and LB Marist Liufau.

I'm happy your happy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#827 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Eagles are killing it.

Like their posters. They drove everyone away.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,161

Post#828 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 am

We are resigning Zeke. No joke
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#829 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am

Micah Prescott wrote:

Never heard of him.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,161

Post#830 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 am

Mr B wrote:

I like the 3rd round for sure. Undecided on the 2nd. We just really don't need edge guys.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#831 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Micah Prescott wrote:

That's the rumor.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#832 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am

Well, what a wonderful night.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Post#833 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Philly with another steal in the draft
Neither are steals, but this pick is considerably better as a smart physical tackler, unlike someone who takes too many unnecessary risks that will come back to haunt the team at the next level. I guess the law of average applies here by drafting a solid defenseive back to correct a mistake in a likely bust.

The picks given up is quite fair to fill an immediate need for us.
A guy who had a 4% chance to be there in DeJean and Mitchell was mocked in the top 15 in the draft.

Philly was smart Slay isn't the very good CB anymore and Bradbury is older. This let's DeJean rehab most of the year he and Mitchell should be a good duo going forward.

Ravens had a good draft as well
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Mr B
RealGM

Post#834 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I like the 3rd round for sure. Undecided on the 2nd. We just really don't need edge guys.

You talking about Kneeland? From what I’ve read about he’s excellent against the run. He should develop as the replacement for Demarcus Lawrence who is in the last year of his contract.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#835 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 am

Cowboys missed out on Jonathan Brooks but there are still some very good RB’s still on the board. Hopefully some of them make it to the 5th round.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#836 » by last stand » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Not a fan?

Everything is wonderful. No comment.

Here is some clips of Kneeland. The Cowboys should have the best pass rush in the NFL this season. This is also DLaw’s last season in Dallas so Kneeland really is a good pick.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

God that Ernie guy is such a joke/homer

Best pure edge in the nfc east. Lmao
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,468

Post#837 » by DOT » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Passer rating when targeted in man coverage (lower number is better):

Spoiler:

I'm legit excited for this Jarrian Jones guy, dude looks like a legit slot CB, something we haven't had since Aaron Colvin.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 280

Post#838 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Philly with another steal in the draft
Neither are steals, but this pick is considerably better as a smart physical tackler, unlike someone who takes too many unnecessary risks that will come back to haunt the team at the next level. I guess the law of average applies here by drafting a solid defenseive back to correct a mistake in a likely bust.

A guy who had a 4% chance to be there in DeJean and Mitchell was mocked in the top 15 in the draft.

Philly was smart Slay isn't the very good CB anymore and Bradbury is older. This let's DeJean rehab most of the year he and Mitchell should be a good duo going forward.

Sorry but I just have an issue when people refer to any draft picks as steals without knowing how they will perform at the pro level so it's all speculation as far as I am concerned regardless on where they were taken. I rather use the term steal after a full year or two as a pro. And if Mitchell's hype has more substance to it, he wouldn't have drop out of his projected draft range to be referred to as a steal. Maybe refusing to play with Terrion for Saban might have something to do with it too or he doesn't want to handle real pressure at a top program. Terrion is the next Surtain II, who I was also very high on in that draft. Guess what, I was screaming for the Eagles to draft Kyle Hamilton, who is now a first team all pro with twice as many sacks as Jordan Davis, whom you were probably jumping for joy when we took him, yet he has done **** as to why we struggle at the line on defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-jordan-davis-is-catching-major-heat-for-shape/ar-AA1mtBUo

I watch full college games, not just highlight reels, so I trust my choices over Howie but if I am wrong on Mitchell, I will admit it. Hopefully I am cause we need him to excel and not end up like your Davis.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#839 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm

last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Everything is wonderful. No comment.

Here is some clips of Kneeland. The Cowboys should have the best pass rush in the NFL this season. This is also DLaw’s last season in Dallas so Kneeland really is a good pick.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

God that Ernie guy is such a joke/homer

Best pure edge in the nfc east. Lmao

Yea that guy is an idiot. He does post some good videos though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#840 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Neither are steals, but this pick is considerably better as a smart physical tackler, unlike someone who takes too many unnecessary risks that will come back to haunt the team at the next level. I guess the law of average applies here by drafting a solid defenseive back to correct a mistake in a likely bust.

Sorry but I just have an issue when people refer to any draft picks as steals without knowing how they will perform at the pro level so it's all speculation as far as I am concerned regardless on where they were taken. I rather use the term steal after a full year or two as a pro. And if Mitchell's hype has more substance to it, he wouldn't have drop out of his projected draft range to be referred to as a steal. Maybe refusing to play with Terrion for Saban might have something to do with it too or he doesn't want to handle real pressure at a top program. Terrion is the next Surtain II, who I was also very high on in that draft. Guess what, I was screaming for the Eagles to draft Kyle Hamilton, who is now a first team all pro with twice as many sacks as Jordan Davis, whom you were probably jumping for joy when we took him, yet he has done **** as to why we struggle at the line on defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-jordan-davis-is-catching-major-heat-for-shape/ar-AA1mtBUo

I watch full college games, not just highlight reels, so I trust my choices over Howie but if I am wrong on Mitchell, I will admit it. Hopefully I am cause we need him to excel and not end up like your Davis.

Isn't that wonderful. :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Return to The General NFL Board