Moderator: bwgood77

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Re: Wild Card Week 

Post#1021 » by last stand » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:I'm pretty shocked at how Philly and Dallas ended their years. Both teams will likely fire their coaches.

I'm with QB_Eagles and want BB as the Cowboys coach too. With a talented team (like Dallas and Philly are), Belichick will dominate again I think.

I doubt Philly goes with Bill, though. It doesn't seem to be their style. Much more likely to hire an up and coming offensive coach IMO. Ben Johnson makes a lot of sense to me there.

I want Ben Johnson

They’ll hire bill belichick

They interviewed Josh mcdaniels for 16 hours, they like patriots stuff

But I hope it’s Ben Johnson and dennard wilson. That’d be my home run. But I’ll still support if they hire bill belichick. I’ll just be a tad nervous
Ben is headed to WSH imo

So eagles need to throw whatever they can at Ben Johnson
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#1022 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:01 am

Jaydubb wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:I'm pretty shocked at how Philly and Dallas ended their years. Both teams will likely fire their coaches.

I'm with QB_Eagles and want BB as the Cowboys coach too. With a talented team (like Dallas and Philly are), Belichick will dominate again I think.

I doubt Philly goes with Bill, though. It doesn't seem to be their style. Much more likely to hire an up and coming offensive coach IMO. Ben Johnson makes a lot of sense to me there.

A guy like belichick is neither of those teams style. Belichick wants control over roster moves. Jerry needs full control of the team. Likewise, for the eagles that guy is howie roseman. I just can’t see a guy like belichick going to one of those teams to be a yes man.

I think Howie would tolerate it for a few years, if it's a kind of deal where he's still technically superior in personnel decisions, while Bill is practically running things. A few years is all it takes because Belichick would either get fired, or he would retire at some point.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#1023 » by Mariner » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:05 am

For the record I don’t believe in the coach can’t win a SB with two teams. Just a smaller sample size.
Use to be the same thing with QBs that they couldn’t win with two teams.
If you won a SB coaching you probably stayed there for your career. Or retired.
Maybe BB would cut the penalties in Dallas and give them more focus.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#1024 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:41 am

Mariner wrote:For the record I don’t believe in the coach can’t win a SB with two teams. Just a smaller sample size.

There was a time when the league’s leading rusher had never made it to the SB. Then Emmitt did it three times.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#1025 » by Mariner » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:10 am

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:For the record I don’t believe in the coach can’t win a SB with two teams. Just a smaller sample size.

There was a time when the league’s leading rusher had never made it to the SB. Then Emmitt did it three times.

I was thinking of that one too but didn’t want to show my age. lol
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#1026 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:45 pm

I'll take most expected "upsets" for 100 alex
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#1027 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:46 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
last stand wrote:Idk how anyone can watch this game and think to themselves

Sirianni is gonna be coaching the eagles next year

Recievers are never open, defenses are never properly attacked, eagles never have a RB or TE to help with protection.

Jalen literally drops back on a blitz and there’s no one open and usually 1 to 2 free runners

How did they have the last season? How did they get 10-1 this season? It baffles me how the eagles gotten so bad.

I am subscribing to the Niners broke them theory, nothing else fits. Not like their schedule got more difficult.

El Turco

Post#1028 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:47 pm

I like Belichick for Eagles, might be the only team that makes sense for Belichick.

wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1029 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:51 pm

Really didnt expect Bucs to go this far this season, tbh I wouldnt be shocked if they beat the Lions. I think buc stops here lol Lions are better every way and shape imo. Only hope is they are inexperienced.
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1030 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:54 pm

AFC is so much better than NFC this season. Niners are the only great team in NFC and I think even they would lose to top teams in AFC, sorry Turk.
El Turco

Post#1031 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:02 pm

I do agree Niners would be a slight underdog against 3 of the remaining teams in AFC. Remaining quarterbacks in AFC is very good-- Mahomes, Allen, Stroud, Lamar-- Lamar is the MVP and he might be the worst one out of that group.

Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#1032 » by Charlesareed » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:17 pm

Not many were surprised the eagles lost with the way they’ve played the past 6 weeks it’s the way they lost the point differential

The cowboys the same even tho many had them as most likely to be upset just not in that fashion 27-6 @halftime was deflating
Chicago Raised me
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#1033 » by Charlesareed » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:18 pm

Not many were surprised the eagles lost with the way they’ve played the past 6 weeks it’s the way they lost the point differential

The cowboys the same even tho many had them as most likely to be upset just not in that fashion 27-6 @halftime was deflating
Chicago Raised me
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#1034 » by goober » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:31 pm

teams i’m rooting for this upcoming weekend

Bills, Texans, Lions, 49ers
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#1035 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:45 pm

Key to coaching is recruiting staff. Siriani failed after his top 2 guys left. This was Sabans Masterpiece. He went and got Pete Carroll guys, and took off again with the passing game
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#1036 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I thought the same thing. Hurts played good for the most part but the play calls and route concepts weren’t doing hurts any favors. The eagles need a coach that has more creativity for the offense. The strategy is “our guys are better than your guys” and that isn’t gonna work when you have a super basic offense that even fans can call out plays that are coming next, the defense definitely can too..lol
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#1037 » by Mamba42 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:03 pm

Jaydubb wrote:

A guy like belichick is neither of those teams style. Belichick wants control over roster moves. Jerry needs full control of the team. Likewise, for the eagles that guy is howie roseman. I just can’t see a guy like belichick going to one of those teams to be a yes man.
But Jerry loves media attention and he would continue to dominate coverage if they hire BB. He would likely do it SB week cause that's who he is lol
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#1038 » by Mamba42 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:05 pm

Huge props to Baker Mayfield though. Dude got ran out of Cleveland after a couple of injury plagued seasons and really played well this year, maybe his best year. He seems like a cool dude and I'm glad he will get to continue being a starting QB in the league
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#1039 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:21 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

But Jerry loves media attention and he would continue to dominate coverage if they hire BB. He would likely do it SB week cause that's who he is lol

I think both the eagles and cowboys would want belicheck but I don’t think belicheck would want them unless they have some assurances on roster decisions written into his contract prior to signing.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#1040 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:A guy like belichick is neither of those teams style. Belichick wants control over roster moves. Jerry needs full control of the team. Likewise, for the eagles that guy is howie roseman. I just can’t see a guy like belichick going to one of those teams to be a yes man.

I think both the eagles and cowboys would want belicheck but I don’t think belicheck would want them unless they have some assurances on roster decisions written into his contract prior to signing.

Sounds like Belichick might prefer the Falcons.

Return to The General NFL Board