Super Bowl LVII Thread - Chiefs vs. Eagles.

Moderator: bwgood77

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,485

Re: Super Bowl LVII Thread - Chiefs vs. Eagles. 

Post#161 » by azcatz11 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:37 am

Dubnation wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I would like Jack to rename this thread with an asterisk. That game was a joke and everyone posting knows it. Cool some of y’all won money

Easiest $300 I ever made. It was so predictable it was ridiculous. I'm already ready to put $$$ on next year.

Post your bet slip or stfu
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#162 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:40 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Dubnation wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I would like Jack to rename this thread with an asterisk. That game was a joke and everyone posting knows it. Cool some of y’all won money

Easiest $300 I ever made. It was so predictable it was ridiculous. I'm already ready to put $$$ on next year.

Your not a very good sport. Did your urologist appointment go bad?
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#163 » by azcatz11 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Dubnation wrote:

Pretty easy to claim victory after the fact. He’s been on my dick for awhile now. He’s prob lying
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#164 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:43 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:What a douche Travis Kelce is. Embarrassing

Great player. You know you would love to have him on your team.

You win with class and you lose with class. So embarrassing. Mahomes brother is stripping naked in the owners suite also. Chiefs are a joke

Did he get you excited? :gossip: :gossip:
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,485

Post#165 » by Dubnation » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:44 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Dubnation wrote:

I tried to warn you, son. Just take the L and treat it as a learning opportunity. Obviously, I'm not a fan of KC, but I will use them for monetary gain.
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,819

Post#166 » by makubesu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:44 am

My thoughts:

1) Classical fool's gold first half by the Eagles. I love Greg Olsen, but he should know that time of possession is misleading when you give up a fumble for a TD. Clearly when the Chiefs had the ball the Eagles could not stop them. You knew they'd come out after half time, score on the first drive, and the lead would nearly evaporate.
2) Rhianna was superb in the half time show, you could see she saved a bit for the end where her singing came though. Really talented backup dancers too.
2a) Chris Stapleton's national anthem was also stellar.
3) I hate these no defense games, but I do think this eagles team is fun to watch with their aggression on fourth down and some creative play calls. Reid also schemed a few interesting things. I guess that made it worth watching.
4) Really the Chiefs MVP in my book is Pacheco. He kept that offense lubricated, so to speak. I know you've got to give it to Mahomes, but I hope fans are giving him the love he deserves.
5) Happy for the refs who surely felt left out of the game with both teams being fairly disciplined. They managed to milk a few reviews, and make an awful call that decided the game. I would hate for their fans to miss out on that.
5a) That being said, I think either way KC wins.
6) There was something really slimy about the KC owner's box shots... honestly I'd have the broadcasts only show them at the very end, nobody gives a **** about these billionaires.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#167 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:45 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Pretty easy to claim victory after the fact. He’s been on my dick for awhile now. He’s prob lying

Really. That tiny thing? :thinking:
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#168 » by azcatz11 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:45 am

Dubnation wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Dubnation wrote:

I tried to warn you, son. Just take the L and treat it as a learning opportunity. Obviously, I'm not a fan of KC, but I will use them for monetary gain.

Post your slip - you don’t have one tho. Moron
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,002

Post#169 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:46 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:And the chiefs win another game on another bull penalty.

:violin:

I guess this is the closest a Cowboys fan can get to winning the Superbowl, eh? :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#170 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:48 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:And the chiefs win another game on another bull penalty.

:violin:

I guess this is the closest a Cowboys fan can get to winning the Superbowl, eh? :lol:

At the very worse, I'm $500.00 richer thanks to the Egals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys should wear more pink.
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,819

Post#171 » by makubesu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:48 am

One more thing...
this has been driving me nuts for a few years now, but I swear modern QBs are way worse at throwing hail marys than the guys I grew up with. I mean I get that Hurts has a shoulder problem, but he's not alone in being unable to get to the end zone (even with that nice starting field position). Is six seconds really not enough time to try and set up a 60+ field goal? I'd take that over a ball in the dirt.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#172 » by azcatz11 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:51 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :violin:

At the very worse, I'm $500.00 richer thanks to the Egals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys should wear more pink.

Post your slip or stfu
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#173 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:56 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Post your slip or stfu

Why don't you get off your drunk ass and go back to page 1 before you start bitching at me low life or you stfu. Obvious you can't read. If you read you would have seen my bet was in since Wednesday. You wonder why you get in so much trouble at times.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#174 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:01 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Post your slip or stfu

You knew. You answered the post. Your just being a mean, hateful, vicious drama queen.
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#175 » by Bostondave » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:04 am

bull holding call that let a decent game just fizzle away in the end.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#176 » by azcatz11 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:04 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:At the very worse, I'm $500.00 richer thanks to the Egals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys should wear more pink.

Post your slip or stfu

You knew. You answered the post. Your just being a mean, hateful, vicious drama queen.

Have a good night. I’ve had enough. Sick of fighting
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Post#177 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:38 am

makubesu wrote:My thoughts:

1) Classical fool's gold first half by the Eagles. I love Greg Olsen, but he should know that time of possession is misleading when you give up a fumble for a TD. Clearly when the Chiefs had the ball the Eagles could not stop them. You knew they'd come out after half time, score on the first drive, and the lead would nearly evaporate.
2) Rhianna was superb in the half time show, you could see she saved a bit for the end where her singing came though. Really talented backup dancers too.
2a) Chris Stapleton's national anthem was also stellar.
3) I hate these no defense games, but I do think this eagles team is fun to watch with their aggression on fourth down and some creative play calls. Reid also schemed a few interesting things. I guess that made it worth watching.
4) Really the Chiefs MVP in my book is Pacheco. He kept that offense lubricated, so to speak. I know you've got to give it to Mahomes, but I hope fans are giving him the love he deserves.
5) Happy for the refs who surely felt left out of the game with both teams being fairly disciplined. They managed to milk a few reviews, and make an awful call that decided the game. I would hate for their fans to miss out on that.
5a) That being said, I think either way KC wins.
6) There was something really slimy about the KC owner's box shots... honestly I'd have the broadcasts only show them at the very end, nobody gives a **** about these billionaires.

Eagles couldn't sustain that possession advantage or score more with all the plays they ran. A lot of experts predicted the Eagles would dominate in the trenches, on both sides.

But that really wasn't the case, especially the Eagles DL vs. KC OL. KC ran well enough that they could run all game and gave Mahomes enough time to pick the zone apart. Especially in the second half, you could see the Chiefs players all high-fiving the OL. The great Eagles pass rushers couldn't pin their ears back, even when they had a 10-point lead.

After they got the great punt return and the 8-point lead -- HORRIBLE blitz call on 3rd and goal for an east TD, guy wasn't even covered -- Hurts had to drop back. He's not proven in that aspect of the game. He can pick out one one one coverage downfield and throw up 50/50 balls that Brown and Smith have been coming down with most of the season.

However, Eagles have rarely trailed in games this season.

Mahomes was the best player on the field but Eagles had the better roster. They blew it. We will see how many players they keep because they have several free agents to be.
whitelight1831
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#178 » by whitelight1831 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:49 am

I rooted for Eagles but figured the Chiefs would win ........
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,193

Post#179 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:43 pm

Yeah looking back, the Chiefs O-line was straight up dominant and I think was the key to winning this game. The Eagles had an amazing pass rush all season, but they couldn’t get to Mahomes at all. The few times they got close, he did a great job scrambling away and extending plays.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#180 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Can you imagine if Mahomes was fully healthy. This guy is Magic.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board