NFL Preseason thread

Moderator: bwgood77

righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Re: NFL Preseason thread 

Post#181 » by righterwriter » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:JT puts out good content. Especially for someone who played in the league at one time. He's going to always give you the good & the bad.

Lance just happens to have more of the bad than what is the norm. :wink:

I think it's completely fair to say that he still has a lot of stuff in his game that he needs to clean up.

Seems logical that if he was really doing the good and the bad, as the game played out, he'd post more than 3 of Lance's 12 completions.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,111

Post#182 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:02 pm

To break up some of this Trey Lance talk. Just wanted to come in and say Booth Jr and Cine still look horrible for the Vikings. Kwesi really hit it out of the park with that draft...
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#183 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:34 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:To break up some of this Trey Lance talk. Just wanted to come in and say Booth Jr and Cine still look horrible for the Vikings. Kwesi really hit it out of the park with that draft...

I thought Booth was a little overrated coming out of the draft. PFF doesn't seem to be a fan of him either.

What's been the issue with Cine? My takeaway is that he's too small to be a box Safety.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,111

Post#184 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:To break up some of this Trey Lance talk. Just wanted to come in and say Booth Jr and Cine still look horrible for the Vikings. Kwesi really hit it out of the park with that draft...

I thought Booth was a little overrated coming out of the draft. PFF doesn't seem to be a fan of him either.

What's been the issue with Cine? My takeaway is that he's too small to be a box Safety.

Read on Twitter

Some Viking fans got excited because he made an open field tackle in the game. But the dude whiffs on so many tackles its pretty embarrassing and he cant cover to save his life right now. If it wasnt for about 3 wide open drops, Titans wouldve had 3 more catches against him for 50+ yards.

He's not even battling for the starting safety job anymore. Smith/Bynum/Mettellus arent even dressing for these preseason games. He's battling for the 4th and 5th safety spot at this point.

I kind of expect Booth not to make the roster. I think Cine does. But this will be his last year on the roster unless he finally shows something.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#185 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:11 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I kind of expect Booth not to make the roster. I think Cine does. But this will be his last year on the roster unless he finally shows something.

Not make the roster? Wow. Booth was taken one pick after Kenneth Walker. That's brutal.

I was a little unsure of the Boye Mafe pick last year. He was buried on the depth chart. But he looks like a completely different player this year. He's looked dominant at times. Has been the talk of camp. I'm expecting that year two jump from him.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#186 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:36 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I kind of expect Booth not to make the roster. I think Cine does. But this will be his last year on the roster unless he finally shows something.

Well, Minnesota is #1 where it counts!

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#187 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:JT puts out good content. Especially for someone who played in the league at one time. He's going to always give you the good & the bad.

I think it's completely fair to say that he still has a lot of stuff in his game that he needs to clean up.

I can't add anymore than you already covered. I couldn't agree more. Granted Lance is only 23 years old, but his lack of experience coming from a small school has been exposed imho. I haven't seen all his games, however the ones I have seen, he has been extremely disappointing considering the draft capital the Niners gave up to get him. In hind sight its easy to say that it was a bad draft pick considering San Francisco has been in win now window that is beginning to close.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#188 » by righterwriter » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:48 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I can't add anymore than you already covered. I couldn't agree more. Granted Lance is only 23 years old, but his lack of experience coming from a small school has been exposed imho. I haven't seen all his games, however the ones I have seen, he has been extremely disappointing considering the draft capital the Niners gave up to get him. In hind sight its easy to say that it was a bad draft pick considering San Francisco has been in win now window that is beginning to close.

I think in light of what's happened in his very short career, its not fair to judge him as a bust the way many TV analysts and fans (usually of 49ers rivals or fans of teams that drafted a QB in 2020) have done.

Season 1: He sits on the bench to train behind Garappolo. Fair enough. He starts one game, which was quite an important one, and performs well in the win.

Season 2: Hurt right away. Bad luck.

Season 3: Had two preseason games where he played a total of three quarters. The first game was bad. The second game was really good.

He has flaws, no doubt. He looks like he's trying to figure out what's going on out there for a beat longer than he should. Although in the last game he played he had two up and down drives and then settled in and was decisive and accurate and played great. So it seems like an issue with getting game experience, which is normal for young QBs.

The Niners just so happened to draft a guy in Purdy who fits Shanahan's offense perfectly and performed like a top-5 QB instantly. Tough luck for Lance. Even Darnold, who is a very talented player, might become the choice at QB2 this season due to his experience.

The pick itself does look like a very poor value for SF due to how things have worked out. There's no other way to look at it. But they didn't know that Mr. Irrelevant would become their potential franchise QB. If Purdy hadn't been around, and Lance hadn't hurt himself he would likely be starting and might have gained the experience last year to really utilize his huge potential.

That's why I think him on another team (assuming the QBs in SF stay healthy) could unlock him. Let him compete in camp next year and give him some time to gain experience, and he could become a very good QB. He has all the skills and the intangibles, he just hasn't played enough football and likely won't get that chance in SF.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#189 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:20 pm

Someone has an unhealthy man crush on Trey lance. I wouldn't give Lance a fu...ng mop job at this point of his career. My eyes tell me he sucks regardless of the reason.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by righterwriter » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Someone has an unhealthy man crush on Trey lance. I wouldn't give Lance a fu...ng mop job at this point of his career. My eyes tell me he sucks regardless of the reason.

Awesome. Go with your gut. No need to actually back up your thoughts with any sort of facts or analysis.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#191 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:14 pm

righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Someone has an unhealthy man crush on Trey lance. I wouldn't give Lance a fu...ng mop job at this point of his career. My eyes tell me he sucks regardless of the reason.

Awesome. Go with your gut. No need to actually back up your thoughts with any sort of facts or analysis.

I don't need to waste my time with all that crap. I've seen the numbers, I have heard just about everyone's opinion, etc., and then there is what I call an eye test. My eye test tells me I'm glad he's with the Niners and not my team.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#192 » by righterwriter » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:

I don't need to waste my time with all that crap. I've seen the numbers, I have heard just about everyone's opinion, etc., and then there is what I call an eye test. My eye test tells me I'm glad he's with the Niners and not my team.

Here's another in-depth analysis for you to not watch.

https://youtu.be/EB5Gchy9cVo?t=99
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#193 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:48 pm

righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:

In the general forum you don't always get posters from other teams agreeing with all your opinions and way of looking at things the same way you do. I'm sure if your looking for a Trey Lance tongue bathing you can find that in the Whiners forum.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#194 » by righterwriter » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't need to waste my time with all that crap. I've seen the numbers, I have heard just about everyone's opinion, etc., and then there is what I call an eye test. My eye test tells me I'm glad he's with the Niners and not my team.

In the general forum you don't always get posters from other teams agreeing with all your opinions and way of looking at things the same way you do. I'm sure if your looking for a Trey Lance tongue bathing you can find that in the Whiners forum.

You clearly don't want to talk about anything in the slightest bit of depth, so feel free to go away.

When you're ready to actually watch some video and form an intelligent opinion rather than listen to hot take ESPN analysts (who are strangely absent after this week) then I'll be ready for you.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#195 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:23 pm

righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:

You clearly don't want to talk about anything in the slightest bit of depth, so feel free to go away.

When you're ready to actually watch some video and form an intelligent opinion rather than listen to hot take ESPN analysts (who are strangely absent after this week) then I'll be ready for you.

Well, I have been here for 7 years and I'm not going anywhere so you can get used to that. Posters like you come and go all the time and I am used to that. I could add a bit more depth that was previously discussed earlier but I feel most of the points made by Jack are much more in line with my way of thinking and how I feel about the Trey Lance bust.
I think you are looking to lash and create drama at anyone that doesn't agree with you on this matter. Since April, before the draft I've been watching so much video its coming out of my butt now. Sounds like you accusing me of something I don't you but you do! Watch ESPN. I have no idea who is or isn't on vacation if I never watch them. :kissmybutt:
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#196 » by righterwriter » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:In the general forum you don't always get posters from other teams agreeing with all your opinions and way of looking at things the same way you do. I'm sure if your looking for a Trey Lance tongue bathing you can find that in the Whiners forum.

Well, I have been here for 7 years and I'm not going anywhere so you can get used to that. Posters like you come and go all the time and I am used to that. I could add a bit more depth that was previously discussed earlier but I feel most of the points made by Jack are much more in line with my way of thinking and how I feel about the Trey Lance bust.
I think you are looking to lash and create drama at anyone that doesn't agree with you on this matter. Since April, before the draft I've been watching so much video its coming out of my butt now. Sounds like you accusing me of something I don't you but you do! Watch ESPN. I have no idea who is or isn't on vacation if I never watch them. :kissmybutt:

So you're watching tons of video on Trey Lance? That's amazing, considering he's had two regular season games (one win and one game in a monsoon) and a handful of quarters in preseason.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that he's a great QB, just to inform you of his unfortunate circumstances to this point which has led to his lack of playing time. When people want to deny that undisputed truth, you know they are packing a heavy bias. That's you.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#197 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:17 pm

righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:

So you're watching tons of video on Trey Lance? That's amazing, considering he's had two regular season games (one win and one game in a monsoon) and a handful of quarters in preseason.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that he's a great QB, just to inform you of his unfortunate circumstances to this point which has led to his lack of playing time. When people want to deny that undisputed truth, you know they are packing a heavy bias. That's you.

Who said all the video I have been watching since April is all about Lance? Oh you did. Your right, there isn't a whole lot of video on him. However, I will say this once again in case you missed it earlier or have a hard time comprehending other posters words. I said earlier, from what I have seen so far with my own eyes, the stats compiled so far and from what I have seen in video's, I'm not impressed regardless of his situation. I'm not being bias in any shape or form because I could give a damn about the Niners or Lance. I'm just a die-hard Cowboy fan of 53 years that has been conditioned for doom the past 27 years that now loves Showtime Mahomes and the Chiefs.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#198 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:47 pm

righterwriter wrote:I'm not trying to convince anyone that he's a great QB, just to inform you of his unfortunate circumstances to this point which has led to his lack of playing time.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#199 » by righterwriter » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:27 pm

It's amazing with all the effort that is made with checking old posts and formatting tweets, that one can overlook even the most obvious statements.

Or is it actually surprising?

righterwriter wrote:The Niners just so happened to draft a guy in Purdy who fits Shanahan's offense perfectly and performed like a top-5 QB instantly. Tough luck for Lance. Even Darnold, who is a very talented player, might become the choice at QB2 this season due to his experience.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#200 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to The General NFL Board