Week 12 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Re: Week 12 Thread 

Post#182 » by Mariner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:05 am

The best part.

Former NFL player and current analyst Emmanuel Acho even chimed in against his former team, saying, “I love the Eagles, they elongated my NFL career, but has any call gone against them today!?”
Mariner
Senior

Post#183 » by Mariner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:08 am

last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:It’s very rare for a team to have over 500 yards and out gain the opponent by over a 100 yards while winning the turnover battle and lose.
But winning the penalty battle is the great equalizer.
These are all facts. But this is very uncomfortable to think about so let’s just call me a whiner and tell a joke or post a meme.
Cause there really isn’t any good arguments against what I’m saying.

Flat earthers think their arguments are based in fact as well

Shall we entertain that as well? Should we talk about the arctic wall?

Nfl wants the eagles to win, they’re instructing the refs to call games in favor of the eagles. The eagles are 10-1 because the refs.

Did I cover your bases?

So I comment that it’s weird that the eagles get 0 penalties against the dolphins while Miami has 10 and now I’m compared to a flat earther? lol
I guess there’s not much for you to say to resort to this.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#184 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:26 am

Mariner wrote:https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-world-reacts-to-questionable-officiating-in-bills-and-eagles-matchup-nfl-week-12-2023/

I've watched like 20% of the game so I can't comment on all the calls, but that was no horse-collar tackle.

Horse-collar tackle requires the offender to pull the ball carrier to the ground and Reddick was spinning Allen.

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. [...]

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

No buckling of the knees = no foul.
Mariner
Senior

Post#185 » by Mariner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:00 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mariner wrote:https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-world-reacts-to-questionable-officiating-in-bills-and-eagles-matchup-nfl-week-12-2023/

I've watched like 20% of the game so I can't comment on all the calls, but that was no horse-collar tackle.

Horse-collar tackle requires the offender to pull the ball carrier to the ground and Reddick was spinning Allen.

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. [...]

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

Gene doesn’t agree.
https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-horse-collar-no-call-josh-allen-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/article_698cc630-8cb4-11ee-a068-77273af668ba.html
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#186 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:24 pm

Mariner wrote:It’s very rare for a team to have over 500 yards and out gain the opponent by over a 100 yards while winning the turnover battle and lose.
But winning the penalty battle is the great equalizer.
These are all facts. But this is very uncomfortable to think about so let’s just call me a whiner and tell a joke or post a meme.
Cause there really isn’t any good arguments against what I’m saying.

Most of those bad calls/missed calls that favor the eagles came in the first half when the eagles were already down 10. But at the end of the game there was quite a few calls that went against the eagles and the eagles still won.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#187 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:41 pm

Mariner wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Gene doesn’t agree.
https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-horse-collar-no-call-josh-allen-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/article_698cc630-8cb4-11ee-a068-77273af668ba.html

He’s also borderline still in the pocket. The moment reddick makes contact with him, he’s like right behind his right tackle. The rules state if the qb is running in the pocket (like Allen was) then he doesn’t have horse collar protection.
Mariner
Senior

Post#188 » by Mariner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:06 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:I've watched like 20% of the game so I can't comment on all the calls, but that was no horse-collar tackle.

Gene doesn’t agree.

He’s also borderline still in the pocket. The moment reddick makes contact with him, he’s like right behind his right tackle. The rules state if the qb is running in the pocket (like Allen was) then he doesn’t have horse collar protection.

He’s definitely out of the pocket. He’s closer to going out of bounds than being to the pocket.
But I appreciate the serious dialogue.
Anyway on to next week.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#189 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:30 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

He’s definitely out of the pocket. He’s closer to going out of bounds than being to the pocket.
But I appreciate the serious dialogue.
Anyway on to next week.

When he makes contact, it’s definitely debatable whether he’s in the pocket or not. I don’t know what the rules are if he makes contact inside the pocket but the qb leaves the pocket, will the defender need to readjust?lol.. that just seems weird..

Regardless, it’s also debatable on whether or not it’s an actual horse collar because he grabbed the front and pulled down, not the back. Yes reddick reached around the back but he was clearly pulling from the front, which is legal.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Week 12 Thread 

Post#190 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:41 pm

I also just think crying about penalties like this is weird.. the defense made the better play, I don’t get why they would be penalized for making the better play. I hate that QBs have so much protection..

And while we are talking about it, why isn’t the phantom “roughing the passer” call that went against the eagles in overtime being talked about? If you guys really want to talk about fairness, why not talk about that? The eagles might’ve been able to keep Buffalo out of field goal range but that call put them right in field goal range. No, I’m not complaining about it at all whatsoever, I’m just saying bad calls went both ways and at the end of the game Buffalo clearly got the benefit of calls more than the eagles did but that didn’t effect the outcome of the game.

The roughing the passer rule states you can make contact through your first step after the qb releases the ball. Morrow was literally in the middle of his step as Allen was releasing the ball. Shouldn’t have been roughing the passer. Yes Tony romo made it sound like it was roughing the passer, but he’s a biased individual that hates the eagles. Per the rules, that was not a correct roughing the passer call.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#191 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:46 pm

Also I think announcers can be biased about certain rules and that really effects how fans think about the play. I was watching a play earlier in the day where a player hit the qb and the announcer was talking about that but in the same clip there was a CLEAR AS DAY holding going on that the announcers did not mention.. why…? Why not also say “yeah there was the hit but also looks like there was a holding there on the tackle”.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,723

Post#192 » by DOT » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter

He ain't it as a head coach, but I'd take him in an instant to be OC if it means getting rid of Press.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jaydubb
Rookie

Week 12 Thread 

Post#193 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm

Also while we are still playing this “blame the refs” game, the Bills TD pass with 1:55 left in the 4th quarter SHOULD HAVE been called back due to an ineligible man down field. The center went like 2 yards down field before engaging in a block, that’s illegal.

Again.. missed calls go both ways regardless of what your agenda is..
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#194 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:06 pm

DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

He ain't it as a head coach, but I'd take him in an instant to be OC if it means getting rid of Press.

Sometimes people can be great coordinators but just aren’t very good head coaches. I think there’s several guys like that around the NFL and I think reich could be one of them.
Mariner
Senior

Post#195 » by Mariner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Jaydubb wrote:Also while we are still playing this “blame the refs” game, the Bills TD pass with 1:55 left in the 4th quarter SHOULD HAVE been called back due to an ineligible man down field. The center went like 2 yards down field before engaging in a block, that’s illegal.

Calls get missed both ways. No game is called perfectly.
But we are talking about games that are more record breaking. Getting a double digit lead in penalties at any point in a game multiple times is a little concerning.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,723

Post#196 » by DOT » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Jaydubb wrote:Sometimes people can be great coordinators but just aren’t very good head coaches. I think there’s several guys like that around the NFL and I think reich could be one of them.

It's the same way that not all good employees would be good managers

I mean, a lot of managers aren't good at managing anyways, but the point is it's two different skillsets.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#197 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:12 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Also while we are still playing this “blame the refs” game, the Bills TD pass with 1:55 left in the 4th quarter SHOULD HAVE been called back due to an ineligible man down field. The center went like 2 yards down field before engaging in a block, that’s illegal.

But we are talking about games that are more record breaking. Getting a double digit lead in penalties at any point in a game multiple times is a little concerning.

You are clinging to a number more than what actually happened in the game. Calls were missed both ways, period.. I can point out calls that were missed in the chiefs and cowboys games too but honestly I don’t want to sit here and talk about missed calls because that’s a losers mentality. If you have to rely on the refs then you aren’t playing good enough to win
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#198 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:15 pm

DOT wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Sometimes people can be great coordinators but just aren’t very good head coaches. I think there’s several guys like that around the NFL and I think reich could be one of them.

It's the same way that not all good employees would be good managers

I mean, a lot of managers aren't good at managing anyways, but the point is it's two different skillsets.

Exactly. It’s a different skill set. Being a head coach, you have to watch over everything and everyone whereas coordinators just focus on one side of the ball. Which, obviously, there’s still a lot going on as a coordinator but at least you only have to focus on your side of the ball.
Mariner
Senior

Post#199 » by Mariner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:20 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:

You are clinging to a number more than what actually happened in the game. Calls were missed both ways, period.. I can point out calls that were missed in the chiefs and cowboys games too but honestly I don’t want to sit here and talk about missed calls because that’s a losers mentality. If you have to rely on the refs then you aren’t playing good enough to win

I think your last line has been proven wrong.
When the penalties are 25 to 0 you can’t play the missed calls on both sides game. The disparity is to much.
Anyway we can agree to disagree and look forward to next week.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#200 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:22 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:

I think your last line has been proven wrong.
When the penalties are 25 to 0 you can’t play the missed calls on both sides game. The disparity is to much.
Anyway we can agree to disagree and look forward to next week.

25 to 0…? Lmao.. now you’re just pulling random numbers out of the air

Return to The General NFL Board