chiefs : can anyone beat them ?

Moderator: bwgood77

dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Re: chiefs : can anyone beat them ? 

Post#21 » by dr3am » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:58 pm

:roll: this dude bitch & moans about derailing threads... last 2 years huh? I figured, wasn’t saying **** when Alex Smith was at the helm & listen idgaf about your life story, you still fail to bring up logic in regards to the topic. Just eat a dick kid I’m tired of going around in circles with you.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,586

Post#22 » by hermes » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 pm

raiders as it turns out
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,127

Post#23 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:29 pm

The Chiefs defense sure does seem very vulnerable to giving up the big play. Herbert hit them for a few big plays which kept that game close and Carr did the same. That defense is shaky at best and with a defense that gives up big plays, they can be vulnerable any week.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Breeland was suspended the first 4 weeks and their best player on defense, Chris Jones, was out last week. K.C. Defense will be fine and will be better going forward.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:43 pm

However, After the Titans beat the living piss out of the Bills Tuesday, every team in the AFC should take notice, including the Chiefs. That was a total dominating beat down.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#26 » by dr3am » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Chiefs just got Bell... It’s over, Nobody is beating them now. They will repeat.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#27 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Dunno who exactly, but the contender usually has come from the NFC Western Division
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
dr3am
RealGM

Post#28 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:10 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Dunno who exactly, but the contender usually has come from the NFC Western Division

Seachickens don’t stand a chance in hell. the Lambs are a iffy team. Cards need 1 more year before they get over that hump & the Niners suck this year (mainly due to injuries).
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,511

Post#29 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:15 am

dr3am wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Dunno who exactly, but the contender usually has come from the NFC Western Division

the Niners suck this year (mainly due to injuries).

Yeah, Jimmy just doesn't look right. He's gotta be injured. That's why his QBR was a whopping 1.4 against the Dolphins? Poor guy.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
dr3am
RealGM

Post#30 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:30 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:

Yeah, Jimmy just doesn't look right. He's gotta be injured. That's why his QBR was a whopping 1.4 against the Dolphins? Poor guy.

You keep harping on Jimmy G when nobody especially Niners fans give af :lol: nobody said he was a top 10 or 15 QB in the league so I don’t get where your going...

What’s hilarious is no matter if Russell Wilson does win MVP this season he will never come close to being better than Patrick Mahomes & I repeat Patrick Mahomes is better than Wilson by a landslide just like how their whole team is better than the Chickens by a landslide. With that pedestrian defense Mahomes can score 6-7 TD’s in a blowout SB win. Fact of the matter is Russell Wilson ain’t **** without the Legion of Boom & Beast Mode, he’ll never win a Super Bowl without em... Wait who was y’all Super Bowl MVP that year? Bobby Wagner :lol: :lol: wait does he even still play Football??!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,511

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:49 am

dr3am wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:the Niners suck this year (mainly due to injuries).

You keep harping on Jimmy G when nobody especially Niners fans give af :lol: nobody said he was a top 10 or 15 QB in the league so I don’t get where your going...

What’s hilarious is no matter if Russell Wilson does win MVP this season he will never come close to being better than Patrick Mahomes & I repeat Patrick Mahomes is better than Wilson by a landslide just like how their whole team is better than the Chickens by a landslide. With that pedestrian defense Mahomes can score 6-7 TD’s in a blowout SB win. Fact of the matter is Russell Wilson ain’t **** without the Legion of Boom & Beast Mode, he’ll never win a Super Bowl without em... Wait who was y’all Super Bowl MVP that year? Bobby Wagner :lol: :lol: wait doesn’t he even still play Football??!

When did I ever say Wilson was better than Mahomes?

You brought up injuries & I asked if Jimmy's play was due to an injury? You then went off on some tangent lol. No, Bobby Wagner was not the MVP of that Super Bowl. It was Malcolm Smith (He played for the Niners too). The fact that you don't know that Wagner is still playing is funny in itself lol. Anyway, back to the Niners & Garoppolo....

Statistics without context can often be misleading, as is the case when looking at Garoppolo's completion percentage, which benefits greatly from the play calling and play design deployed by Shanahan. Garoppolo is often given quick and easy reads that provide open looks over the middle. It appears defenses have caught up to the 49ers offense that dominated last season, and as a result have done a better job stopping the run, as well as taking away the short to intermediate area between the numbers, where Garoppolo is at his best throwing the football. Opposing defenses seem content taking away the middle of the field, while daring Garoppolo to beat them deep or outside the numbers, things he has struggled to do with any kind of consistency going back to last season.

Among qualified quarterbacks last season, Garoppolo had the fewest deep balls thrown into tight windows, while also having the 4th fewest deep ball attempts. Those numbers look particularly troublesome when you account for the fact two of the players who had fewer attempts than Garoppolo didn't start more than 8 games last season, while Garoppolo started all 16. Essentially, Garoppolo was not throwing downfield unless the looks were schemed wide open, and on multiple occasions was the beneficiary of a blown coverage or blunder by an opposing defensive back. The problem this presents for the 49ers is that it limits the ceiling of their own offense as defenses don't have to respect being beat over the top. This allows opposing defenses to load up the box, which inevitably restricts the 49ers rushing attack from being the juggernaut it was in 2019.

The ripple effect carries over into the passing game, due to how dependent the 49ers are on play action. Garoppolo's numbers are substantially better when he runs the play action than when he does not, a noticeable disparity that was greater than all but two other quarterbacks in 2019, when Garoppolo posted the 3rd largest decrease in success rate when not using play action. When the play action isn't working, his flaws as a passer become magnified. Add in the fact that Garoppolo isn't very mobile and is stuck behind an offensive line that has regressed significantly, and suddenly the long-term view of the offense's potential starts to become questionable.

It's no secret mobile quarterbacks are taking over the league as defenses evolve and get faster, putting the traditional pocket quarterback on the fast track to becoming antiquated. Having an inconsistent quarterback who can't create outside of the pocket will make it extremely difficult to build any kind of long-term success, especially in the absence of a dominant run game or an elite defense, luxuries the 49ers were lucky to have simultaneously last season. If Garoppolo is going to be asked to beat teams by dropping back and throwing at a high volume with consistency, it is fair to wonder where this team's ceiling stands while Garoppolo is expected to carry the load. I think it certainly removes the 49ers from any kind of Super Bowl contender conversations, and the question quickly becomes, are they even a playoff caliber team under their current identity?

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
dr3am
RealGM

Post#32 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Yeah, Jimmy just doesn't look right. He's gotta be injured. That's why his QBR was a whopping 1.4 against the Dolphins? Poor guy.

What’s hilarious is no matter if Russell Wilson does win MVP this season he will never come close to being better than Patrick Mahomes & I repeat Patrick Mahomes is better than Wilson by a landslide just like how their whole team is better than the Chickens by a landslide. With that pedestrian defense Mahomes can score 6-7 TD’s in a blowout SB win. Fact of the matter is Russell Wilson ain’t **** without the Legion of Boom & Beast Mode, he’ll never win a Super Bowl without em... Wait who was y’all Super Bowl MVP that year? Bobby Wagner :lol: :lol: wait doesn’t he even still play Football??!

When did I ever say Wilson was better than Mahomes?

You brought up injuries & I asked if Jimmy's play was due to an injury? You then went off on some tangent lol. No, Bobby Wagner was not the MVP of that Super Bowl. It was Malcolm Smith (He played for the Niners too). The fact that you don't know that Wagner is still playing is funny in itself.

Listen idgaf about Jimmy G, maybe his pussy is bleeding, who cares???? When I originally said injuries I meant to our 2nd best player on the team in Nick Bosa losing him for the season, losing Thomas for the season, Richard Sherman on IR, Kittle missing 2 weeks of action, Starting 3 games without our best WR Deebo, etc. that’s what I was referring to when I say injuries.

And Malcolm Butler? That’s even worst :lol: :lol: this thread was clearly about who can beat the Chiefs, not about your obsession over a specific QB & I’ll repeat this again. Seachickens don’t stand a chance in hell against the Chiefs, no chance, no chance at all. Rams are too iffy to beat the Chiefs, Arizona could be the top dog in the NFC West, but that will be next year so no they won’t beat the Chiefs & they probably won’t make the playoffs coz I see the Chickens & Lambs coming out of the NFC West right now.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#33 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 am

I will still stand by my assessment. The NFC West will produce, the Mahomes Stopper
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:

Whiners would be 0 - 5 if they didn't have the Jets and Giants on their early schedule. :nod: :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:17 pm

As of right now, it looks like Rodgers and the Packers or Wilson and the Sea hawks would be the favorites to take on the Chiefs in the next Super Bowl. However, I really don't believe either one could or would beat them. Only Covid or injuries will prevent the Chiefs from repeating.
hermes
RealGM

Post#36 » by hermes » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:28 pm

dr3am wrote:

Seachickens don’t stand a chance in hell. the Lambs are a iffy team. Cards need 1 more year before they get over that hump & the Niners suck this year (mainly due to injuries).

:lol:
hermes
RealGM

Post#37 » by hermes » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:31 pm

lets not count out bills mafia yet
dr3am
RealGM

Post#38 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 pm

hermes wrote:
dr3am wrote:

:lol:

I really wish your Vikes would’ve won Sunday man, Seattle should really be 1-4 right now
dr3am
RealGM

Post#39 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Before the Chiefs got Bell I thought the Bills or Titans could challenge them, but now that’s over... who has a elite defense this year? The Colts? Coz I think this a record for teams scoring this high to start the season

Spoiler:
:rofl: at Malcolm Butler wining Super Bowl MVP over Russell Wilson, sorry I can’t resist
dr3am
RealGM

Post#40 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:the Niners suck this year (mainly due to injuries).

Whiners would be 0 - 5 if they didn't have the Jets and Giants on their early schedule. :nod: :lol:

Aww y’all make suck a cute couple.

And you’re right BitCH. If the Niners didn’t have to play both of those teams on their awful turf then we would still have Bosa, Thomas & Jordan Reed so the Niners would be 4-1 right now :D

Return to The General NFL Board