Tyreke Hill traded to Dolphins

Moderator: bwgood77

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Re: Tyreke Hill traded to Dolphins 

Post#21 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:56 pm

What's the over/under before Hill complaints about Tua?

4 games?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Re: Tyreke Hill traded for Dolphins 

Post#22 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:01 pm

I think it's a great move by the Chiefs. With Mahomes massive contract on the books they need to be very smart where they spend their money.

And no doubt they're banking on Mahomes being able to make any weapons work. Then you add on how quickly we're seeing your WRs making immediate impacts. I'm sure they're betting on getting a talented young WR in the draft and with Mahomes it will be a good connection and it will be very cheap.

Knowing they weren't looking to have the most expressive WR in the league, getting this massive return is a great move by them.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,504

Re: Tyreke Hill on his way out? 

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:02 pm

wco81 wrote:When Mahomes extension kicks in, expect more players either restructuring their deals or leaving.

It kicks in now. That's likely why KC decided to move him. They will have less money going forward. They're still paying guys like Chris Jones & Frank Clark.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:07 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I think it's a great move by the Chiefs. With Mahomes massive contract on the books they need to be very smart where they spend their money.

And no doubt they're banking on Mahomes being able to make any weapons work. Then you add on how quickly we're seeing your WRs making immediate impacts. I'm sure they're betting on getting a talented young WR in the draft and with Mahomes it will be a good connection and it will be very cheap.

Knowing they weren't looking to have the most expressive WR in the league, getting this massive return is a great move by them.

Long-term? Yeah. Short term? No. You're not going to replace Hill.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Post#25 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I think it's a great move by the Chiefs. With Mahomes massive contract on the books they need to be very smart where they spend their money.

Oh I agree you can't replace Hill. But ya I think it's pretty clear that the Chiefs knew that no matter what this would be their last year with Hill. So I think they probably viewed it as one more run with Hill then lose him for nothing, vs this route. And with Mahomes locked in long term, I can't fault them for taking the long term route.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Oh I agree you can't replace Hill. But ya I think it's pretty clear that the Chiefs knew that no matter what this would be their last year with Hill. So I think they probably viewed it as one more run with Hill then lose him for nothing, vs this route. And with Mahomes locked in long term, I can't fault them for taking the long term route.

Ya I mean this is it. We have seen WRs making immediate impacts year after year. Waddle, Chase, Smith, Amon Ra. The year before Ceedee, Higgins, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Claypool.

You won't replace Tyreek this season. But Mahomes is 26, in 3 years the guy you draft in the 1st will be better than Tyreek. And you can attempt to replace his production by spreading it out. Hardman, Juju, MVS, Gordon, Kelce, a 1st round pick. Getting Clyde more involved in the pass game. It's not like they are poverty level like the Packers once they lost Adams. They still have some pieces here.
wco81
RealGM

Post#27 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Although Hill probably lifted the defense so gave a lot of room for Kelce and others to operate.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,463

Post#28 » by azcatz11 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:35 pm

I'm going to call it right now - this will go down as one of the top 5 worst trades in NFL history. You're giving up that much draft capital for a receiver who probably only has another 2 prime years left AND paying him that much money? Receiver is still a premium position but we've seen way too many 2nd and 3rd round guys in recent years who have elite production.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,726

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:29 pm

I like it. They should trade Travis Kelce next.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:58 pm

azcatz11 wrote:I'm going to call it right now - this will go down as one of the top 5 worst trades in NFL history. You're giving up that much draft capital for a receiver who probably only has another 2 prime years left AND paying him that much money? Receiver is still a premium position but we've seen way too many 2nd and 3rd round guys in recent years who have elite production.

Do you think the Raiders also gave up too much for Adams? Because the value is about the same.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#31 » by azcatz11 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I'm going to call it right now - this will go down as one of the top 5 worst trades in NFL history. You're giving up that much draft capital for a receiver who probably only has another 2 prime years left AND paying him that much money? Receiver is still a premium position but we've seen way too many 2nd and 3rd round guys in recent years who have elite production.

Do you think the Raiders also gave up too much for Adams? Because the value is about the same.

I didn't realize that. I do. I'm all for giving up draft picks for elite QB's but not for WR's who are almost 30. Look at Julio. He's been washed for a couple of seasons and that was his aged 30-31 year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:15 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I didn't realize that. I do. I'm all for giving up draft picks for elite QB's but not for WR's who are almost 30. Look at Julio. He's been washed for a couple of seasons and that was his aged 30-31 year.

A- Adams compensation
B- Hill compensation

azcatz11
RealGM

Post#33 » by azcatz11 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Do you think the Raiders also gave up too much for Adams? Because the value is about the same.

A- Adams compensation
B- Hill compensation

What is your opinion Jack? Give me a flyer on a second rounder all day baby
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:45 pm

azcatz11 wrote:What is your opinion Jack? Give me a flyer on a second rounder all day baby

Day three picks (Rounds 4-7) don't do much for me. I think it's a decent return. Fair value. Getting two picks in the top 50. But I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means.

The chances of them getting someone as good as him with those picks, I'd say is low. But the added cap flexibility likely makes it worthwhile.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#35 » by BBallFreak » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:36 pm

Nobody has bothered to look at this for Miami? What are they going to look like on the perimeter with Waddle and Hill both offering game breaking speed, while Wilson and Parker add dynamism? And over the middle with Gesicki? Out of the backfield with Edmonds? They can run with short passes all day, but with Armstead and Williams on the left side and Miami being able to use Eichenberg, Jackson, and Hunt any way they choose, they may be able to give Tua enough time to prove how big his arm actually is.

Miami is clearly going to be running a West Coast style offense with two insanely fast and reliable wide receivers and what should be an improved run game. Both of Miami's receivers can play the Deebo Samuel role in Miami. They are going to be a much more potent offense, that's for sure...
wco81
RealGM

Post#36 » by wco81 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:06 am

What are the odds that the Chiefs would have had to cut him next year because they weren't going to come to any agreement on an extension?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:What is your opinion Jack? Give me a flyer on a second rounder all day baby

Day three picks (Rounds 4-7) don't do much for me. I think it's a decent return. Fair value. Getting two picks in the top 50. But I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means.

The chances of them getting someone as good as him with those picks, I'd say is low. But the added cap flexibility likely makes it worthwhile.

With an extra 1,2, & 4 round pick, I can see the Chiefs moving up and getting a new stud WR in this year's draft. This is almost the same thing Jimmy Johnson did with Hershal Walker for the Cowboys. Hill was on the last year of his contract and was going to go anyway. Chiefs instead got 5 picks before he got out the door. Chiefs would have got nothing if they waited this one out. Hate to see him go but it was a great move by the Chiefs. Chiefs betting on Mahomes and not Hill heading forward.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#38 » by azcatz11 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:12 am

BBallFreak wrote:Nobody has bothered to look at this for Miami? What are they going to look like on the perimeter with Waddle and Hill both offering game breaking speed, while Wilson and Parker add dynamism? And over the middle with Gesicki? Out of the backfield with Edmonds? They can run with short passes all day, but with Armstead and Williams on the left side and Miami being able to use Eichenberg, Jackson, and Hunt any way they choose, they may be able to give Tua enough time to prove how big his arm actually is.

Miami is clearly going to be running a West Coast style offense with two insanely fast and reliable wide receivers and what should be an improved run game. Both of Miami's receivers can play the Deebo Samuel role in Miami. They are going to be a much more potent offense, that's for sure...

Maybe. This reminds me of the Redskins situation in the early 00's when they signed a bunch of FA's and nothing happened. Tua is still an average QB at this point. If he improves and reaches his potential you guys are SB contenders but it all hinges on him.
wco81
RealGM

Post#39 » by wco81 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:46 am

Those Alabama QBs never had to throw into tight windows often.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#40 » by Mich3006 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:45 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

It was much value but the Dolphins can cope with. They still have two 1sts in 2023. Raiders had to go for Adams too, you can´t decline the possibility to add the best WR in the game rn.

The bigger issues are that big long term contracts (for both Reek and Tae).

Return to The General NFL Board