Aaron Rodgers is a Jet!!!

Moderator: bwgood77

hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,373

Re: Aaron Rodgers is a Jet!!! 

Post#21 » by hippesthippo » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:00 am

Good for the Lions and good for my Dynasty team. You can't beat that.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,727

Post#22 » by DOT » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:54 am

Rodgers just had the worst season of his career, and he's turning 40 this year

Big gamble by the Jets, but at least they kept their 1st this year. If this doesn't work out, they kind of miss the window.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,582

Post#23 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:05 am

The price is not too bad.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,184
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Aaron Rodgers to Jets? 

Post#24 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:14 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:Feels like deja vu.

All the way down to Rodgers getting drafted, being cold shouldered by Favre, having to play the game of "will he, won't he" with Favre retiring or leaving, worsening play, getting old, etc. Rodgers had this big chip on his shoulder because of all that, and now you can replace Aaron Rodgers and Favre's name with Jordan Love and Old Rodgers, and it's the same exact script, all the way down to leaving for the Jets lol.

If history is accurate, Jordan Love should be an absolute stud this year lol.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,612

Post#25 » by Worm Guts » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:13 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:

Well, maybe not this year, but shortly in the future. The Packers went 6-10 during Rodgers first year as a starter.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,727

Post#26 » by DOT » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:47 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Well, maybe not this year, but shortly in the future. The Packers went 6-10 during Rodgers first year as a starter.

I have a coworker who's a Packers fan

I told him no offense, but I hope Love isn't good cause that just wouldn't be fair

He was offended, but he understood where I was coming from lol. The Packers have had consistently great QB play since before I was born, they're due for a miss just like the Colts have been floundering the past 5 or so years.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#27 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:30 pm

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,184
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#28 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:19 am

Worm Guts wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

I think if the Packers don't win a bunch of games, but Love ends up 4th in yards and 4th in touchdowns in his first year as a starter like Rodgers did, they'd feel ok about it hahaha
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#29 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 2, 2023 12:24 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Feels like deja vu.

All the way down to Rodgers getting drafted, being cold shouldered by Favre, having to play the game of "will he, won't he" with Favre retiring or leaving, worsening play, getting old, etc. Rodgers had this big chip on his shoulder because of all that, and now you can replace Aaron Rodgers and Favre's name with Jordan Love and Old Rodgers, and it's the same exact script, all the way down to leaving for the Jets lol.

We'll see, would be crazy to hit on 3 franchise QBs in a row.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,649

Post#30 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:28 pm

Glad he's gone. Shoulda left about 3-4 years earlier, imo. I've been over him for a while.

Telling that he made all 10 OTA's for the Jets, but couldn't be bothered the prior several years. It's that attitude, that I will always know he shoulda been dumped before. Packer legend, yada yada....I know all that. But he was a D**k head, and stuff like the above just proves it. Hope he has a nice slump in performance, and get's alot of Boo's from Jet fans. It's about what he deserves.

As far as Jordan Love?? I wasn't impressed in the slightest by what I've seen. I suppose our time at the bottom is due.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:56 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Glad he's gone. Shoulda left about 3-4 years earlier, imo. I've been over him for a while.

Telling that he made all 10 OTA's for the Jets, but couldn't be bothered the prior several years. It's that attitude, that I will always know he shoulda been dumped before. Packer legend, yada yada....I know all that. But he was a D**k head, and stuff like the above just proves it. Hope he has a nice slump in performance, and get's alot of Boo's from Jet fans. It's about what he deserves.

As far as Jordan Love?? I wasn't impressed in the slightest by what I've seen. I suppose our time at the bottom is due.

I think Love is gonna surprise some people. He's not Rodgers. But he'll be a decent starter. Will keep them competitive.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Glad he's gone. Shoulda left about 3-4 years earlier, imo. I've been over him for a while.

I think Love is gonna surprise some people. He's not Rodgers. But he'll be a decent starter. Will keep them competitive.

I wouldn't give Love a mop job. :rolleyes:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#33 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

A year ago, everyone thought the Hawks were complete idiots for starting Geno.

Love played well when he played last year. Most reports indicate he looks good. So we'll see.

Green Bay would have kept Rodgers around & made it work if Love was ****.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I think Love is gonna surprise some people. He's not Rodgers. But he'll be a decent starter. Will keep them competitive.

Love played well when he played last year. Most reports indicate he looks good. So we'll see.

You ever considered running for politics? :usa:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wouldn't give Love a mop job. :rolleyes:

You ever considered running for politics? :usa:

Sometimes things happen for a reason. :wink:

They moved on from Favre because they knew what they had in Rodgers at the time.

Now, if Rodgers has an MVP type year & Love completely bombs, the Packers FO would catch so much heat from fans & media.

They seem pretty confident in Love.

Return to The General NFL Board