Moderator: bwgood77

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,485

Re: 2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#21 » by azcatz11 » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:49 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm sure if we all decide to do a money league it will be for a small amount. Do you need a loan? I know your took a beaten in the Super Bowl the last time we chatted. :wink:

I'm down for whatever...$50 or $100 sounds good to me. Enough so it's interesting. I'm only in 2 leagues now. This league and a Dynasty League.

If your interested I will have 2 custom leagues up next week in Yahoo. 10 team, $75.00 league. Same settings we have in Jack's league except RB's get .5 points per carry. Full PPR for WR.

Thanks for the invite but I prefer to be in one league...2 max. I don't like rooting against my guys and having multiple teams like that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:51 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
I'm down for whatever...$50 or $100 sounds good to me. Enough so it's interesting. I'm only in 2 leagues now. This league and a Dynasty League.

If your interested I will have 2 custom leagues up next week in Yahoo. 10 team, $75.00 league. Same settings we have in Jack's league except RB's get .5 points per carry. Full PPR for WR.

Thanks for the invite but I prefer to be in one league...2 max. I don't like rooting against my guys and having multiple teams like that.

I already have 4 teams with 6 to go. I always have 10 money leagues every year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:53 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I believe with you, me and Jack, we have 3 out of 10 that wants to have a money league. Good. 3 for 3 so far.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#24 » by durden_tyler » Sun Aug 6, 2023 2:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm sure if we all decide to do a money league it will be for a small amount. Do you need a loan? I know your took a beaten in the Super Bowl the last time we chatted. :wink:

Mode of payment for non-US bases players, if welcomed? Bitcoin perhaps? (No paypal etc, not sure if local banks transfer works, etc)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#25 » by azcatz11 » Sun Aug 6, 2023 9:29 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Mode of payment for non-US bases players, if welcomed? Bitcoin perhaps? (No paypal etc, not sure if local banks transfer works, etc)

Bitcoin???
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#26 » by durden_tyler » Mon Aug 7, 2023 1:58 am

azcatz11 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If your interested I will have 2 custom leagues up next week in Yahoo. 10 team, $75.00 league. Same settings we have in Jack's league except RB's get .5 points per carry. Full PPR for WR.

Bitcoin???

Well that's the safest mode for me, but understand if that's not too mainstream yet in your area (it is in ours) but willing to explore other options. Prefer not bank as i transferred $ before and fee was just too much.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 7, 2023 6:35 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Non US based players are always welcome here. You can talk to Jack. He's our commish. We are looking for to add two teams for a 10 team league this year. Last year we had only 8 teams for the first time.
ESPN and NFL.com do not have money leagues anymore, only free leagues. yahoo is the only one commissioned for money leagues either public or custom. To my knowledge, its all we have at the moment. Bwgood might know a bit more than me how it works for international players and other possible ways to wager on fantasy football. He's usually up to date on that sort of stuff. He also does a pigskin pick em every year however I don't believe its for money.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#28 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 7, 2023 6:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If your interested I will have 2 custom leagues up next week in Yahoo. 10 team, $75.00 league. Same settings we have in Jack's league except RB's get .5 points per carry. Full PPR for WR.

Non US based players are always welcome here. You can talk to Jack. He's our commish. We are looking for to add two teams for a 10 team league this year. Last year we had only 8 teams for the first time.
ESPN and NFL.com do not have money leagues anymore, only free leagues. yahoo is the only one commissioned for money leagues either public or custom. To my knowledge, its all we have at the moment. Bwgood might know a bit more than me how it works for international players and other possible ways to wager on fantasy football. He's usually up to date on that sort of stuff. He also does a pigskin pick em every year however I don't believe its for money.

What is the vetting process to add new teams?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#29 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 7, 2023 7:03 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Mode of payment for non-US bases players, if welcomed? Bitcoin perhaps? (No paypal etc, not sure if local banks transfer works, etc)

The plan is to have two separate leagues.

One is the ESPN standard league. The other is a prize league (Yahoo). That includes a standard entry fee.

Anyone here is welcome.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#30 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 7, 2023 7:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Non US based players are always welcome here. You can talk to Jack. He's our commish. We are looking for to add two teams for a 10 team league this year. Last year we had only 8 teams for the first time.

One is the ESPN standard league. The other is a prize league (Yahoo). That includes a standard entry fee.

Anyone here is welcome.

So no vetting to ensure you have inactive owners? That’s a red flag…
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 7, 2023 7:08 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Anyone here is welcome.

The concept of a prize league should solve that issue.

The other league will involve more of a vetting process. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 7, 2023 8:48 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Anyone here is welcome.

Why would someone commit to a $50.00 - $100.00 money league and then become inactive? :crazy: :gossip: The only red flag I see coming is when you come out with your own personal player ratings. :wink: :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:00 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Anyone here is welcome.

If by chance an owner did become inactive, the commish of the league has a tool where he can still make sure there is a line up every week so the other managers don't get screwed over by him turning his back on the league a few weeks in.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#34 » by azcatz11 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The plan is to have two separate leagues.

Anyone here is welcome.

Why would someone commit to a $50.00 - $100.00 money league and then become inactive? :crazy: :gossip: The only red flag I see coming is when you come out with your own personal player ratings. :wink: :lol:

I’ve seen it many times. $100 is chump change to a lot of people on here
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:18 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I don't get you sometimes. You have been talking and saying how much and how bad since last year about making the real/gm fantasy league a money league, and now that we are almost there, your trying to talk yourself out of it. :crazy: :rolleyes:
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#36 » by azcatz11 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Why would someone commit to a $50.00 - $100.00 money league and then become inactive? :crazy: :gossip: The only red flag I see coming is when you come out with your own personal player ratings. :wink: :lol:

I don't get you sometimes. You have been talking and saying how much and how bad since last year about making the real/gm fantasy league a money league, and now that we are almost there, your trying to talk yourself out of it. :crazy: :rolleyes:

Not at all. I just want to ensure we have competitive balance, that's it. I'm all for a $ money league
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:58 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Not at all. I just want to ensure we have competitive balance, that's it. I'm all for a $ money league

Your not in my league but I put up with you last year. Maybe you'll do better but I doubt it. :wink: :rolleyes:
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#38 » by durden_tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:26 am

Any update on this? Before i commit my budget to other leagues (NBA/NFL) that are starting their signups… a target draft date and potential buyin amount would he nice…
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#39 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:54 am

durden_tyler wrote:Any update on this? Before i commit my budget to other leagues (NBA/NFL) that are starting their signups… a target draft date and potential buyin amount would he nice…

Agreed. Jack needs to get his stuff together and let's get the ball rolling
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,211

Post#40 » by anatomicbomb » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:01 pm

i'm in for the league if you guys need another player!

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.

Return to The General NFL Board