Bigger Disappointment: Cowboys or Eagles?

Moderator: bwgood77

wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Re: Bigger Disappointment: Cowboys or Eagles? 

Post#21 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:20 pm

Giants are also up there if we are going to talk about disappointments for the season. We can just say disappointment thy name is NFC East.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,434

Post#22 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:47 pm

Easily the Cowboys. They were 7 point home favorites entering Sunday. Everything on paper suggested they were the superior team and Parsons basically ridiculed the Browns defense for their lack of effort only to suffer the same fate.

The Bucs/Eagles game played out exactly as I thought it would.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,727

Post#23 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:57 pm

rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#24 » by rpa » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:26 pm

I'm more disappointed that I had to experience all this joy condensed into just two days.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,189

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:54 pm

If we are looking at it from the start of the playoffs? 100% the Cowboys
If we are looking at it from Week 1 or even Week 12? the Eagles
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#26 » by goober » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:25 pm

Losing at home after going undefeated at home during the regular season, in the way they lost at home, makes this an easy choice
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#27 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:37 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:You can kinda tell who is more disappointed by the reduced volume of Cowboys fans' posts or disappearance of Cowboys fans.

Before this week when you said something critical of Dak or Cowboys you would have at least 5 Cowboys fans attack you at the same time with their odd theories. Now it is mostly crickets lmao.

Kind of hard for some to defend Dak when he shows his ass to the whole country.

Tbf most of the country already knew his ass and tried to tell ya lol

You can go back and look at my prediction for the season. I already knew as Dak is. What he did in the playoffs is not a surprise, it’s what he always does.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#28 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:46 pm

Isn’t this the first time in nfl history that a 7th seed beat a 2 seed? The failure in Philadelphia is pretty **** bad but Dallas at home was supposed to be a strength for them and they not only lost but got blown the **** out.. Packers basically rested their starters most of the 4th quarter.

Both are pretty bad but as far as the playoffs go, I think it’s far more disappointing for Dallas. A lot of eagle fans fully expected Philadelphia to lose so I wouldn’t say it’s too bad.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#29 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 pm

Jaydubb wrote:Isn’t this the first time in nfl history that a 7th seed beat a 2 seed? The failure in Philadelphia is pretty **** bad but Dallas at home was supposed to be a strength for them and they not only lost but got blown the **** out.. Packers basically rested their starters most of the 4th quarter.

Both are pretty bad but as far as the playoffs go, I think it’s far more disappointing for Dallas. A lot of eagle fans fully expected Philadelphia to lose so I wouldn’t say it’s too bad.

That format just started in 2020 so that isn't really noteworthy.

Big upsets have happened, sometimes the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#30 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Isn’t this the first time in nfl history that a 7th seed beat a 2 seed? The failure in Philadelphia is pretty **** bad but Dallas at home was supposed to be a strength for them and they not only lost but got blown the **** out.. Packers basically rested their starters most of the 4th quarter.

That format just started in 2020 so that isn't really noteworthy.

Doesn’t matter when it started, this is a very rare occurrence. In 10 years I bet we won’t even have 5 examples of a 2 seed losing to a 7th seed. Plus didn’t Dallas have like a 14 game home winning streak or something? Everything says Dallas should’ve won this game.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#31 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:25 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:That format just started in 2020 so that isn't really noteworthy.

Doesn’t matter when it started, this is a very rare occurrence. In 10 years I bet we won’t even have 5 examples of a 2 seed losing to a 7th seed. Plus didn’t Dallas have like a 14 game home winning streak or something? Everything says Dallas should’ve won this game.

2021 actually was the first season.

So it's only 6 times a #2 seed faced a #7 seed.

1 in 6 is not rare.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#32 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:54 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:That format just started in 2020 so that isn't really noteworthy.

1 in 6 is not rare.

2020 actually was the first year so the stat is now 1 in 8. Still, you’re right that it isn’t “rare” because it’s still a new format, however a 2 seed losing to a 7th seed isn’t something that happens often in other sports either. In 15-20 years I bet we will only have a few examples of 2 seeds losing to the 7th seed.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#33 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:54 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Doesn’t matter when it started, this is a very rare occurrence. In 10 years I bet we won’t even have 5 examples of a 2 seed losing to a 7th seed. Plus didn’t Dallas have like a 14 game home winning streak or something? Everything says Dallas should’ve won this game.

1 in 6 is not rare.

2020 actually was the first year so the stat is now 1 in 8. Still, you’re right that it isn’t “rare” because it’s still a new format, however a 2 seed losing to a 7th seed isn’t something that happens often in other sports either. In 15-20 years I bet we will only have a few examples of 2 seeds losing to the 7th seed.

Before this format it wasn't uncommon at all for 6th seed to win.

NBA is much more rare because they play a 7-game series. Upsets are way more common in football due to only playing 1 game. It will absolutely keep happening. Big upsets happen every year in college football.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#34 » by Jaydubb » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:06 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:2021 actually was the first season.

1 in 6 is not rare.

Before this format it wasn't uncommon at all for 6th seed to win.

NBA is much more rare because they play a 7-game series. Upsets are way more common in football due to only playing 1 game. It will absolutely keep happening. Big upsets happen every year in college football.

I’m not denying that it’ll happen again I’m just saying it’s not a common thing to happen. Especially when the home team has just won 16 home games in a row.

How many times has the 6th seed previously won when the home team is in the middle of a 16 game home win streak?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#35 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:51 am

My turd is more impressive than your turd.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#36 » by Mariner » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:08 am

Mr B wrote:My turd is more impressive than your turd.

Ya a bit of a silly question
From an organizational point of view they equally failed in the main goal of winning a SB.
As a fan I didnt expect anything. Thought they were going to be on the road and lose most of the season.
The eagles were 10 and 1 and had a two game lead for the first seed. Coming off a SB loss there was no reason not to be optimistic. So the eagles were easily the biggest disappointment.
If we arbitrarily only think from the first playoff game then it’s Dallas. Dallas should have won two games before losing.
SurfAndTurf
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#37 » by SurfAndTurf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:26 am

Dallas was never really considered any better than 3rd in the NFC until the Philly collapse. Eagles were top 2 or 3 betting favorite for a SB for 11 weeks . So I gotta go Philly .
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#38 » by last stand » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:30 am

This thread being made by a cowboys fan, and all the cowboys fans saying eagles (except mamba) feels like therapy or something lol

I guess if it feels better being the lesser disappointment take it

I’ve been out on the eagles for 5-6 weeks now so if the cowboys fans need to feel like the taller midget so be it
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#39 » by Jaydubb » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:30 am

Mr B wrote:My turd is more impressive than your turd.

Yeah I mean, they both suck.lol I guess it doesn’t really matter
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#40 » by Mariner » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 am

last stand wrote:This thread being made by a cowboys fan, and all the cowboys fans saying eagles (except mamba) feels like therapy or something lol

I guess if it feels better being the lesser disappointment take it

I’ve been out on the eagles for 5-6 weeks now so if the cowboys fans need to feel like the taller midget so be it

Not sure if you read my post but it depends from what point of the season.
The season didn’t start 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Return to The General NFL Board