Moderator: bwgood77

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,186

Re: Week 9 Thread 

Post#281 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:46 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Despite the refs' best attempts, Cowgirls lose.

Philly had the refs calls, not Dallas

LOL, Dallas's entire drive was basically all penalties.

Which call was bad?
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#282 » by last stand » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:48 am

Are Dallas fans complaining about bad calls? Shocker
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#283 » by El Turco » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:48 am

goober wrote:the cowboys had this handed to them and they choked too :lol:

that final drive was literally all flags lol
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#284 » by Mamba42 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:48 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Philly had the refs calls, not Dallas

Which call was bad?
The false start after the encroachment was a bad call. If that's a false start then they need to call it on Lane Johnson each time too. Refs were heavily pro Philly all game. Eagles made some obvious bad plays on the last drive that forced the refs' hands but they did their best to help Philly for sure.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,186

Post#285 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:50 am

I'll just say GG Eagle fans.

I won't blame refs. This game was within Dak's toe length.

Dallas will be a Wild Card team. And now I know we are capable of beating Philly should we meet in the playoffs.

These teams are very evenly matched.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,464

Post#286 » by azcatz11 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:54 am

Love the bills tonight
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#287 » by Mamba42 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:55 am

In the end, Terrance Steele was exposed by Philly. He gave up pretty much nonstop pressure on Dak
okboomer
Pro Prospect
And1: 754

Post#288 » by okboomer » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:05 am

I nearly died during that game, tried to give it away but the Cowboys wouldnt take it. Go Birds!
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#289 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:47 am

Why do receivers try to do this hurdle nonsense?
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,190

Post#290 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:59 am

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Burrow>Allen.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#291 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:26 am

therealbig3 wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I think Burrow>Allen.
I think that's an easy take to agree with.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,190

Post#292 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 11:59 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:

Idk, most people seem to have Mahomes as #1, and then pick Allen as a close #2. Burrow doesn’t get talked about nearly as much, but he’s way more consistent than Allen.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#293 » by Mamba42 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:07 pm

Scrolling through Reddit today and I saw something I haven't seen before: pretty much all the fans in the main NFL subreddit agreeing that the Cowboys were screwed by the refs. When fans of other teams are on the Cowboys side, you know it's bad.

The holding call on the big run for Dallas that clearly wasn't a hold, the phantom PI, the lack of holding calls on Philly, picking up the clear illegal hands to the face flag for no reason at all, Schoonmaker tackled before the ball even got to him on the play where he almost had the TD called, Dak verifying with the ref that Edoga was eligible and then them throwing the flag anyway, etc. Even Greg Olsen of all people was pretty flabbergasted by the calls. The refs were forced to throw some flags at the end on Philly for some really obvious penalties (even though, again, they picked up another obvious one that made Olsen stop mid-sentence lol). Man, what a **** show that was.

Cowboys had a chance to win the game at the end and choked it away, but it looks like the Eagles have now entered Chiefs territory where they amazingly get all the calls their way on a weekly basis (remember the game against Miami where the Eagles didn't have a single penalty? Crazy.)

I don't know if it's gambling or what but NFL refs have really become the worst of the worst across professional sports.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#294 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:26 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:

Idk, most people seem to have Mahomes as #1, and then pick Allen as a close #2. Burrow doesn’t get talked about nearly as much, but he’s way more consistent than Allen.
Probably because he's a dual threat but yeah i would easily take Burrow over him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#295 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:07 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Love the bills tonight

:rofl: :falloff:
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#296 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:14 pm

Mamba42 wrote:Scrolling through Reddit today and I saw something I haven't seen before: pretty much all the fans in the main NFL subreddit agreeing that the Cowboys were screwed by the refs. When fans of other teams are on the Cowboys side, you know it's bad.

The holding call on the big run for Dallas that clearly wasn't a hold, the phantom PI, the lack of holding calls on Philly, picking up the clear illegal hands to the face flag for no reason at all, Schoonmaker tackled before the ball even got to him on the play where he almost had the TD called, Dak verifying with the ref that Edoga was eligible and then them throwing the flag anyway, etc. Even Greg Olsen of all people was pretty flabbergasted by the calls. The refs were forced to throw some flags at the end on Philly for some really obvious penalties (even though, again, they picked up another obvious one that made Olsen stop mid-sentence lol). Man, what a **** show that was.

Cowboys had a chance to win the game at the end and choked it away, but it looks like the Eagles have now entered Chiefs territory where they amazingly get all the calls their way on a weekly basis (remember the game against Miami where the Eagles didn't have a single penalty? Crazy.)

I don't know if it's gambling or what but NFL refs have really become the worst of the worst across professional sports.

I was praying that the cowboys wouldn’t have any injuries because I just knew that you would blame that for the loss. But now that the eagles were clearly the ones plagued by multiple injuries, you couldn’t pull that excuse out regardless of you saying in previous threads that you just talk about the injuries as they happen (you forgot to talk about the multitude of injuries in this game for some reason). Now, you resort to blaming the refs. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#297 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:16 pm

Mamba42 wrote:In the end, Terrance Steele was exposed by Philly. He gave up pretty much nonstop pressure on Dak

And yet between Dak and all the coaches, nobody could come up with a adjustment to improve the blocking schemes and give Steele a bit of help at times. Who gets the blame for seeing and watching that all game and doing nothing about it. Blaming the refs for a loss is what all bad teams do at every level. Great players and teams find ways to over come it.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Week 9 Thread 

Post#298 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:18 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Despite the refs' best attempts, Cowgirls lose.

Philly had the refs calls, not Dallas

For some weird reason this fact is lost among some cowboy fans.. They got like 60 yards in penalties alone on that last drive. What more do you need..?lol

If it wasn’t for the eagles DL killing the cowboys OL on the last 3-4 plays of the game, I guarantee the eagles lose. Refs didn’t help the eagles there, it was just the eagles DL playing better football when it matters most.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#299 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:In the end, Terrance Steele was exposed by Philly. He gave up pretty much nonstop pressure on Dak

And yet between Dak and all the coaches, nobody could come up with a adjustment to improve the blocking schemes and give Steele a bit of help at times. Who gets the blame for seeing and watching that all game and doing nothing about it. Blaming the refs for a loss is what all bad teams do at every level. Great players and teams find ways to over come it.

Amen

Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#300 » by Jaydubb » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Honestly I really think surf would’ve had the same exact reaction. You guys might actually really get along.lol

Hopefully he’s able to sign up

Return to The General NFL Board