NFL Draft

Moderator: bwgood77

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Re: NFL Draft 

Post#301 » by LightTheBeam » Sat May 1, 2021 6:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Niners take a RB from Ohio St. when they already have like a million of them.

Lol Gallman is cut worthy imo. Never been a fan of his. Hasty is meh..

Comes down to Mostert and Jeff Wilson Jr. It doesn't feel like it but Mostert is already 29 years old and he got banged up last year when we relied on him too much. Didn't mind this pick at all tbh. Mostert can take it easy this season rotating with Wilson and Sermon, and its very unlikely Mostert comes back after this season.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#302 » by LightTheBeam » Sat May 1, 2021 6:24 pm

Buzzard wrote:Weak defensive pass rush help in this draft was my worry. It looks like the Falcons addressed their needs with BPA. They made picks for corner, safety, and offensive line.

With three picks in the 5th round maybe they can find a diamond in the rough.

They kinda chose their route when they went Pitts in the 1st. I think Pitts is generational so I like the pick. But the plan seems to be just outscore the opponent even if you give up 30pts on defense.

You think Julio is traded? I just moved Gage in a dynasty league to move up in the draft, really liked what I saw from him last year. But with Pitts, Julio, Ridley, and Davis, seems like pass catching is going to be limited for him this year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,507

Post#303 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 1, 2021 6:26 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm just kinda surprised they felt the need to go and draft a WR. I had the same thought for the Cardinals and the Rams.

A little less surprised with the Seahawks than the other 2, but I figured they would dip in free agency and maybe bring back Tate or draft a WR day 3.

The Rams? Wtf? Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, Desean (probably non factor), Higbee is good, Henderson catches the ball. Just a lot of guys.

The Cardinals? I guess Fitz is for sure retired but even still - Hopkins, Green, Kirk, Andy Isabella.. I don't understand this pick at all?

Then surprised my Niners didn't take one at all. Guess they feel good about Hurd finally staying healthy? :banghead:

Beyond Metcalf & Lockett they just don't have the depth. They didn't really have anyone that could step up if either one has an injury.

The new OC is a former Rams assistant. So they needed a guy that would fit that mold.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#304 » by El Turco » Sat May 1, 2021 6:27 pm

Lol mostert and wilson is not enough for shanahan rb room, definitely needed a rb but maybe could've gotten one later on.

Kellen mond and dyami brown have been the steals so far. dyami should've been the first wr taken after the first round.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#305 » by hermes » Sat May 1, 2021 6:36 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
I like Mond. He fell because of the jumbo fisher effect. If this guy can play a little more looser and feel confident to leave the pocket he is as good as any other qb this year minus Trevor

His play reminds me so much of Colin Kaepernick. Definitely good value (3rd Round).

Still seems weird because Cousins isn't exactly old, and now you probably have a QB controversy if Cousins falters even a little bit.

they are paying kirk a lot of money and might feel like they aren't getting commensurate return, i see this as the beginnings of prepping for life post-cousins. when they extended cousins they didn't really have any good backup plan so they've had to stick with him. with only two years left on his deal instead of being forced to resign him again (for maybe even more money?) they now have another option to let him walk if they want. mond can develop behind cousins for two years and then they can make the determination on who they want to move forward with

cousins a solid, known-quantity qb who might have a ceiling on how far he can take a team, at a high cost or mond, who might be not as good, but is younger and still has the potential to be something more - at a much lower cost
hermes
RealGM

Post#306 » by hermes » Sat May 1, 2021 6:37 pm

couple more iowa guys drafted! vikes got ism, super fast and a great returner

surprised nixon fell as far as he did
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#307 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 1, 2021 6:38 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Niners take a RB from Ohio St. when they already have like a million of them.

Comes down to Mostert and Jeff Wilson Jr. It doesn't feel like it but Mostert is already 29 years old and he got banged up last year when we relied on him too much. Didn't mind this pick at all tbh. Mostert can take it easy this season rotating with Wilson and Sermon, and its very unlikely Mostert comes back after this season.

In that system, you can pretty much plug & play any RB. Just seems like somewhat of a wasted pick to draft a RB (3rd round), especially with Shanahan.

You can get a guy like Mostert off the street practically.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#308 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 1, 2021 6:56 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Then surprised my Niners didn't take one at all. Guess they feel good about Hurd finally staying healthy? :banghead:

Maybe they can bring Pettis back. :wink:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#309 » by El Turco » Sat May 1, 2021 6:58 pm

Pettis never learned how to play football in college, no surprise. Just like john ross.

Jets drafted a michael carter on offense and defense
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#310 » by LightTheBeam » Sat May 1, 2021 7:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

In that system, you can pretty much plug & play any RB. Just seems like somewhat of a wasted pick to draft a RB (3rd round), especially with Shanahan.

You can get a guy like Mostert off the street practically.

Somewhat true. But I guess he wants to see what that next level is.

If Coleman, Mostert, Breida, Jeff Wilson Jr can have the success that they have, what can a real prospect do? We're talking top 5rb level on the Niners. I probably would have liked if we got a WR here, but I guess Shanahan is happy running out Sanu/Hurd/James/Benjamin/Taylor and hoping 1-2 of those guys can combine to give the production of a Bourne level player. Richie certainly showed flashes last year, and we all have been praying Hurd can stay healthy. And any situation we would run 4 out sets, Kittle would fill in as one.

And like I said, I'm extremely unimpressed with Hasty and Gallman. Gallman has had how many chances in NY to be the guy? Hes never stepped up to the plate other than a game here or there. Hasty was given the opportunity a few times due to injuries last year Wilson and Mostert were finding holes left and right, Hasty did absolutely nothing. I don't think he has what it takes to make it in the big leagues unfortunately.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#311 » by LightTheBeam » Sat May 1, 2021 7:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Then surprised my Niners didn't take one at all. Guess they feel good about Hurd finally staying healthy? :banghead:

Maybe they can bring Pettis back. :wink:

Lol ill pass on the pink hair. Richie James is going to blow up :)
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#312 » by LightTheBeam » Sat May 1, 2021 7:10 pm

hermes wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:His play reminds me so much of Colin Kaepernick. Definitely good value (3rd Round).

Still seems weird because Cousins isn't exactly old, and now you probably have a QB controversy if Cousins falters even a little bit.

they are paying kirk a lot of money and might feel like they aren't getting commensurate return, i see this as the beginnings of prepping for life post-cousins. when they extended cousins they didn't really have any good backup plan so they've had to stick with him. with only two years left on his deal instead of being forced to resign him again (for maybe even more money?) they now have another option to let him walk if they want. mond can develop behind cousins for two years and then they can make the determination on who they want to move forward with

cousins a solid, known-quantity qb who might have a ceiling on how far he can take a team, at a high cost or mond, who might be not as good, but is younger and still has the potential to be something more - at a much lower cost

Ya I mean he was too good to fall that far. I just thought the headline this offseason was that the Vikings were unwilling to move Cousins. I guess can't move him without a backup waiting in the wings, and things can certainly change next season.
hermes
RealGM

Post#313 » by hermes » Sat May 1, 2021 8:20 pm

feels weird to say halfway through the 6th round (after having like 8 7th rounders last year) but the vikes are done picking
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#314 » by Buzzard » Sat May 1, 2021 8:31 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Weak defensive pass rush help in this draft was my worry. It looks like the Falcons addressed their needs with BPA. They made picks for corner, safety, and offensive line.

With three picks in the 5th round maybe they can find a diamond in the rough.

They kinda chose their route when they went Pitts in the 1st. I think Pitts is generational so I like the pick. But the plan seems to be just outscore the opponent even if you give up 30pts on defense.

You think Julio is traded? I just moved Gage in a dynasty league to move up in the draft, really liked what I saw from him last year. But with Pitts, Julio, Ridley, and Davis, seems like pass catching is going to be limited for him this year.

I now think Julio would probably have to be moved for a all pro type player on the offensive line or defensive side of the ball. Not passing on a generational type talent in Pitts is solid. 5 years from now Pitts can be catching balls from the newest QB in Atlanta.

I still like Gage and Hurst. Hurst could be the odd man out but they could run some two tight end sets with Pitts and Hurst. The Falcons have until Monday to decide if they want to keep Hurst 5th year option. Gage has two years left on his rookie deal.

I think they chased enough on defense to improve in that area. I like Grant and Hall a lot. Defensive line was a weak spot in this draft but they still drafted Graham and Ogundeji. Keeping Matt Ryan upright had to be a priority also.

I can see the difference between this draft and past Dimitroff drafts. There were not any shocking reaches in this one. In the past it seemed like they were taking 4th/5th round picks in the 2nd/3rd round. Plus trading up to get them. The last three picks were great in that they were not unknown talents. Dimitroff was famous for his draft curve balls. Every player took by Fontenot was a known quantity with possible upside.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
hermes
RealGM

Post#315 » by hermes » Sat May 1, 2021 9:38 pm

cheeseman!!!
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#316 » by jwise44 » Sat May 1, 2021 9:54 pm

I just realized that we’re so bad with so many holes that we should get a pretty good group of undrafted guys...everyone should have a chance to make the roster
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#317 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat May 1, 2021 10:09 pm

jwise44 wrote:I just realized that we’re so bad with so many holes that we should get a pretty good group of undrafted guys...everyone should have a chance to make the roster

I guess we can at least look forward to an actual full draft class next year, and most likely a top 5 pick as well since they're sure to be awful this year.

It's a shame we won't get remotely close to the value we should in return for a Watson trade(if they do end up trading him). If only he could keep his penis to himself like a proper gentleman.

Oh well.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#318 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 1, 2021 10:14 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree for the most part. I was hoping to combine our 4th and the 3ird we got from the Egals to move up a bit in the second round to get one of the 3 players I wanted and what the Cowboys wanted as well. it didn't happen as usual. Cowboys for the most part have sucked in the second round during the Jerry Jones era. I personally wanted Teven Jenkins, nevertheless Cowboys have gone all defense so far which is a huge need after last year's results.

Spoiler:
They've taken two Defensive lineman, but this is widely considered a poor D-line class (Not great value).

They also took another guy with some Red Flags in the 2nd (CB).

That's par for the Jerry course, :thumbsup: :guitar:
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,807

Post#319 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat May 1, 2021 10:29 pm

solid draft for the Raiders. addressed some needs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#320 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 1, 2021 10:38 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree for the most part. I was hoping to combine our 4th and the 3ird we got from the Egals to move up a bit in the second round to get one of the 3 players I wanted and what the Cowboys wanted as well. it didn't happen as usual. Cowboys for the most part have sucked in the second round during the Jerry Jones era. I personally wanted Teven Jenkins, nevertheless Cowboys have gone all defense so far which is a huge need after last year's results.

Spoiler:
They've taken two Defensive lineman, but this is widely considered a poor D-line class (Not great value).

They also took another guy with some Red Flags in the 2nd (CB).

That's o.k. At least they can play. If they don't work out we can cut them in a couple years so you guys can pikc them up like you did with Alden Smith, :wink: :lol:

Return to The General NFL Board