NFL Draft

Moderator: bwgood77

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Re: NFL Draft 

Post#321 » by LAKESHOW » Sun May 2, 2021 1:48 am

Near the final picks. Another tidbit. Jefferson ,runningback selected by Detroit. A kid comin out of LA who was a state champion his HS days. Oregon state running back. This kid is bona-fide. One of those late round running back pick ups I believe will prove to be solid for the Lions.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#322 » by jwise44 » Sun May 2, 2021 2:12 pm

So my dream of getting a good undrafted class was squashed by nick basically saying they won’t bring a lot in
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#323 » by nymets1 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:28 pm

Most of my fantasy teams I was able to add Kyle Pitts, Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, Najae Harris. Most of my teams now have Kyle Pitts and Robert Tonyan as my Tight ends. I'm starting Pitts over Tonyan since Aaron Rodgers will probably be gone, but I have a few teams with Logan Thomas and Kyle Pitts and for now i'm sticking with starting Logan Thomas.

A few teams I didn't get the waiver wire requests for Waddle/Smith and/or Chase, so I picked up Bateman.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,075

Post#324 » by Pharmcat » Sun May 2, 2021 5:32 pm

jwise44 wrote:I just realized that we’re so bad with so many holes that we should get a pretty good group of undrafted guys...everyone should have a chance to make the roster

This draft was so unfair to smaller schools and guys with medical issues who couldn’t get the proper evaluation to make teams comfortable.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,075

Post#325 » by Pharmcat » Sun May 2, 2021 5:34 pm

hermes wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:His play reminds me so much of Colin Kaepernick. Definitely good value (3rd Round).

Still seems weird because Cousins isn't exactly old, and now you probably have a QB controversy if Cousins falters even a little bit.

they are paying kirk a lot of money and might feel like they aren't getting commensurate return, i see this as the beginnings of prepping for life post-cousins. when they extended cousins they didn't really have any good backup plan so they've had to stick with him. with only two years left on his deal instead of being forced to resign him again (for maybe even more money?) they now have another option to let him walk if they want. mond can develop behind cousins for two years and then they can make the determination on who they want to move forward with

cousins a solid, known-quantity qb who might have a ceiling on how far he can take a team, at a high cost or mond, who might be not as good, but is younger and still has the potential to be something more - at a much lower cost

Cousins will know his time is up when the Vikings start calling him “Kurt”
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#326 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:SF- Lance

He's too inexperienced & too much of a gamble to take him that high in the draft.

The Niners blew it imo.

Your instincts were spot on spot on. Great call.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#327 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:00 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Please SF go out and get Aaron Rodgers! Tired of hearing about lance, Fields, Jones, I want RODGERS!!!!

Even some Niner fans didn't want Try Lance draft night.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: Draft Thread 

Post#328 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:09 pm

righterwriter wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
righterwriter wrote:Mac Jones may turn out to be a good NFL QB. But Jimmy G is already a good NFL QB. You don't give up three 1st rd picks for someone who might be good, you do it for a QB you believe will be great.

Obviously, If they take Jones then clearly they believe he'll be great. :wink:

righterwriter wrote:Who do you think the 49ers will draft and how do you rank the top-4 QBs after Lawrence?

There's too much smoke for me to downplay the Mac Jones hype. I also have a higher opinion of him than likely most here.

I didn't watch a ton of Wilson or Lance. I've mostly gone off analysis from guys like J.T. & Sam Gold.

Between Mac & Fields, I'm higher on Mac. I think he'll be the better pro.

If I was a Niner fan, Lance would make me feel uneasy.

You should watch those videos I posted with deep dive analysis of Lance and Fields. These guys are massive football geeks who do several hundred scouting videos every year.

It might be tough to watch each hourlong video in one go, but 5-10 minutes here or there is doable.

What is it about Lance that uneasy? I can see how some people are afraid of his limited experience, but from what I've heard said about him the amount of polish he has for a guy who only played one season is pretty astounding.

There would be a more challenging adjustment period to the NFL for a QB coming from North Dakota State compared to a QB playing in the SEC or Big 10, but I think the truth lies in the details of a player's mechanics, poise, and physical attributes.

I think Fields is the risky prospect. His physical skills are impressive, but he isn't as good in the small things compared to the other QBs at the top of the draft. He's perhaps worth taking to see if an NFL staff can refine him, but I think some fans are too enamored by the ESPN type reports which don't get into enough detail on him. Mac Jones makes more sense to a team that would want to win now due to his polish, but I think anyone can see that his ceiling is not as high as the others due to physical limitations.

Lance combines the small things with the elite physical attributes, imo, so this is why he stands above the other two.[/quote]
You will get back to us all when Lance achieves all these polished attributes you keep talking about. :falloff:
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#329 » by righterwriter » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:56 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Obviously, If they take Jones then clearly they believe he'll be great. :wink:

There's too much smoke for me to downplay the Mac Jones hype. I also have a higher opinion of him than likely most here.

I didn't watch a ton of Wilson or Lance. I've mostly gone off analysis from guys like J.T. & Sam Gold.

Between Mac & Fields, I'm higher on Mac. I think he'll be the better pro.

If I was a Niner fan, Lance would make me feel uneasy.

You should watch those videos I posted with deep dive analysis of Lance and Fields. These guys are massive football geeks who do several hundred scouting videos every year.

It might be tough to watch each hourlong video in one go, but 5-10 minutes here or there is doable.

What is it about Lance that uneasy? I can see how some people are afraid of his limited experience, but from what I've heard said about him the amount of polish he has for a guy who only played one season is pretty astounding.

There would be a more challenging adjustment period to the NFL for a QB coming from North Dakota State compared to a QB playing in the SEC or Big 10, but I think the truth lies in the details of a player's mechanics, poise, and physical attributes.

I think Fields is the risky prospect. His physical skills are impressive, but he isn't as good in the small things compared to the other QBs at the top of the draft. He's perhaps worth taking to see if an NFL staff can refine him, but I think some fans are too enamored by the ESPN type reports which don't get into enough detail on him. Mac Jones makes more sense to a team that would want to win now due to his polish, but I think anyone can see that his ceiling is not as high as the others due to physical limitations.

Lance combines the small things with the elite physical attributes, imo, so this is why he stands above the other two.[/quote]
You will get back to us all when Lance achieves all these polished attributes you keep talking about. :falloff:

Have you watched the videos I've posted which break down Lance's most recent performance in detail? I'm going to guess you haven't and never will.

I can't take someone seriously that refuses to do the work but acts like he knows what he's talking about.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#330 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:56 pm

righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
[/b][/u]

Have you watched the videos I've posted which break down Lance's most recent performance in detail? I'm going to guess you haven't and never will.

I can't take someone seriously that refuses to do the work but acts like he knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, I saw your damn videos. One good period doesn't out weigh all the other bad performances and areas he needs to clean up. I mean, :lol: :lol: this is preseason here and his big period you have been talking about is against the back ups and scrubs from the other teams. Christ even QB's like Baker Mayfield, Tim Tebow and Case Keenam can have a period like that against someone's 3ird string defense. :rofl: :falloff:
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#331 » by righterwriter » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:[/b][/u]

Yeah, I saw your damn videos. One good period doesn't out weigh all the other bad performances and areas he needs to clean up. I mean, :lol: :lol: this is preseason here and his big period you have been talking about is against the back ups and scrubs from the other teams. Christ even QB's like Baker Mayfield, Tim Tebow and Case Keenam can have a period like that against someone's 3ird string defense. :rofl: :falloff:

So what are you basing your set in stone judgment on, where you know that his latest game is just "a lucky fluke based on performing against third stringers"? You know that the guys he was playing with were all backups and non-final roster players too, right? Did you factor in that the previous game he played with only backups around him, and it was his first game action since he broke his ankle a year prior?

What other games of Lance have you analyzed in-depth in order to have this super strong opinion? I'm just curious, as he's had 57 pass attempts in his first two seasons.

Seems kind of weird to say that you've got a barely 23 year old player pegged based on 57 pass attempts. And also weird that you are so quick to immediately toss out his latest performance which was excellent.

If you're willing to speak in specifics about why this performance meant nothing-- despite the in-depth analysis videos showing the strong positives-- then I might think you weren't just a guy who made his mind up immediately without really thinking about it and now sticks to it only because he's too embarrassed to admit it.

Return to The General NFL Board