Ya Chubb is done for the year!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,060

Re: Week 2 Game Thread 

Post#343 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:24 am

Im backing away from my wanting Vikings to tank stance. Watching these two games tonight makes me remember the Ponder/Teddy/Tavaris days. Unless its the #1 pick, ya Im 100% down for a Kirk resign. Especially if they can get some help on the Oline (hopefully Risner is a step in the right direction). But ya Kirk may not be a top 5 QB, but he is a top 10 QB and I dont want to go back to the days of watching the Vikings play without even a top 20 QB. And even though Im a fan of this draft class, I cant risk it and go back to those days haha.

Tonight is so hard to watch. All 4 QBs are just playing straight up bad football. Missing reads, taking too much time in the pocket, missing wide open throws and so on.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#344 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:01 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Im backing away from my wanting Vikings to tank stance. Watching these two games tonight makes me remember the Ponder/Teddy/Tavaris days. Unless its the #1 pick, ya Im 100% down for a Kirk resign. Especially if they can get some help on the Oline (hopefully Risner is a step in the right direction). But ya Kirk may not be a top 5 QB, but he is a top 10 QB and I dont want to go back to the days of watching the Vikings play without even a top 20 QB. And even though Im a fan of this draft class, I cant risk it and go back to those days haha.

Tonight is so hard to watch. All 4 QBs are just playing straight up bad football. Missing reads, taking too much time in the pocket, missing wide open throws and so on.

Or you could trade your franchise QB for a haul & sign Eugene Smith. No drop off. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,362

Post#345 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:05 am

I can't imagine being a Viking fan and wanting Cousins.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#346 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:07 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Im backing away from my wanting Vikings to tank stance. Watching these two games tonight makes me remember the Ponder/Teddy/Tavaris days. Unless its the #1 pick, ya Im 100% down for a Kirk resign. Especially if they can get some help on the Oline (hopefully Risner is a step in the right direction). But ya Kirk may not be a top 5 QB, but he is a top 10 QB and I dont want to go back to the days of watching the Vikings play without even a top 20 QB. And even though Im a fan of this draft class, I cant risk it and go back to those days haha.

Or you could trade your franchise QB for a haul & sign Eugene Smith. No drop off. :wink:

No drop off... Haha you never fail to give me a little chuckle.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#347 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:13 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't imagine being a Viking fan and wanting Cousins.

QBs for the Vikings prior to Cousins.

Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Teddy Checkdown (2 seasons)
Matt Cassell
Christian Ponder (2.5 seasons)
McNabb (.5 season)
Favre (1 great season, 1 horrible season)
Gus Ferrotte
Tavaris Jackson
Brad Johnson

Thats it going back to 2004 and the Culpepper years. So that is about a decade and a half filled with horrible QB play except for 1 season from Favre and a fluke season from Keenum. Cousins as a Viking is a 3x pro bowler and is averaging about 4.2k yards with 30 TDs to 10 INTs per year. This is all with usually playing with a horrible line and horrible defense.

Ya Im fine with Cousins as long as it means not going back to all those other QBs.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#348 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:17 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

No drop off... Haha you never fail to give me a little chuckle.

Sorry, I meant upgrade.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#349 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:18 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Matt Cassell
McNabb (.5 season)
Gus Ferrotte
Tavaris Jackson
Brad Johnson

Thats it going back to 2004 and the Culpepper years. So that is about a decade and a half filled with horrible QB play except for 1 season from Favre and a fluke season from Keenum. Cousins as a Viking is a 3x pro bowler and is averaging about 4.2k yards with 30 TDs to 10 INTs per year. This is all with usually playing with a horrible line and horrible defense.

Ya Im fine with Cousins as long as it means not going back to all those other QBs.

I guess the standards and expectations are low in Viking nation.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,679

Post#350 » by GeorgeSears » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 am

The Browns are paying Watson money to win games like this... that's a disappointing loss against a division rival. I get that Chubb went down, but Jerome Ford filled in nicely and they had 200 rushing yards. If Watson is that guy, he wins you this type of game.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#351 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:32 am

GeorgeSears wrote:The Browns are paying Watson money to win games like this... that's a disappointing loss against a division rival. I get that Chubb went down, but Jerome Ford filled in nicely and they had 200 rushing yards. If Watson is that guy, he wins you this type of game.

He has been rather mediocre for the Browns so far. They play on the road in Houston this season, so if Watson balls out there, I blame the Cleveland masseuses.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#352 » by Mariner » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:29 am

QB_Eagles wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:The Browns are paying Watson money to win games like this... that's a disappointing loss against a division rival. I get that Chubb went down, but Jerome Ford filled in nicely and they had 200 rushing yards. If Watson is that guy, he wins you this type of game.

He has been rather mediocre for the Browns so far. They play on the road in Houston this season, so if Watson balls out there, I blame the Cleveland masseuses.

I see what you did there. Lol
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,191

Post#353 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:51 pm

Mariner wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Watson needs to ball out so hard.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,191

Post#354 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:07 pm

Next week Watson really needs to show everyone what he's got. He needs to show us his stuff. He needs to just put it all out there and go hard.

I'll stop now...
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,612

Post#355 » by Worm Guts » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:32 pm

Meh, I think he's improved over his time with the Vikings and he's a pretty good QB. Problem is the Vikings keep adding targets when Cousins would really be better served with an offensive line. Give Cousins time in the pocket and he is really good, force him to move around and it's not so much.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#356 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:22 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Matt Cassell
McNabb (.5 season)
Gus Ferrotte
Tavaris Jackson
Brad Johnson

I would think its about time the fan base questions the General manager, owner and front office on this one. Almost 2 decades of this type of culture. Your owner seems more committed to making money than winning.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,612

Post#357 » by Worm Guts » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Matt Cassell
McNabb (.5 season)
Gus Ferrotte
Tavaris Jackson
Brad Johnson

I would think its about time the fan base questions the General manager, owner and front office on this one. Almost 2 decades of this type of culture. Your owner seems more committed to making money than winning.

The Vikings general manager is in his 2nd year, so he's pretty new. I don't think this is an issue of money, given that they broke the bank to get Cousins in the first place.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#358 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:13 pm

wco81 wrote:But Bears OL, WRs and coaching have been bad his first two seasons?

Not sure yet if Eberflus and Getsy will be better for Fields.

Why were people optimistic that he'd make a jump? Did the Bears improve their line or get him better weapons?

Someone said this either yesterday or this morning about Zach Wilson, give him one read and if it isn't there, get out of the pocket and try to run for yards.

Maybe they should draw similar game plan for Fields.

Damn 101 sacks in less than 3 seasons. You'd think he'd be a little trigger happy or be prone to bailing out of the pocket early rather than hold it too long and take sacks, which is what people are criticize him of doing.

Everything I heard about Fields prior to the season was that he looked light years better than he did last season. Also what happen to DJ Moore? Is not playing?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#359 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:15 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Matt Cassell
McNabb (.5 season)
Gus Ferrotte
Tavaris Jackson
Brad Johnson

They need to stop going with retread QB’s. Draft one and invest in his development. Doesn’t have to be a 1st round QB if the guy they draft is coached up.
Nunuu
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#360 » by Nunuu » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mariner wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:He has been rather mediocre for the Browns so far. They play on the road in Houston this season, so if Watson balls out there, I blame the Cleveland masseuses.

Watson needs to ball out so hard.

Why are you sickos talking about Watson being hard with his balls out?

Return to The General NFL Board