Week 9 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: Week 9 Thread 

Post#341 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:49 pm

last stand wrote:Nobody spends pages complaining about the refs if they don’t feel it was the reason they lost. Most people just say “I don’t usually blame the refs” as a way to point back to and be “see I don’t even blame the refs” later

The ratio of roster, coaching, player performance commentary on the cowboys end compared to reffing is probably like 97%-3% and that 3% are bjj and Mr. B

It’s like

“I’m not racist but”

The ref’s were bad on both sides. I could point a few specific bad calls but I’m sure every Eagles fan here can also point to a few bad calls that went against the Eagles.

The bottom line is the Cowboys screwed themselves though. If the OL didn’t play so bad and they were able to establish the run they wouldn’t have been in a position to require Dak to throw over 40 times. The Cowboys had the ball inside the 10 (1st and 5) with over a minute to go. They attempt 3 straight passes and lose 29 yards. That’s not on the ref’s. That play calling and **** OL play.

Dak stepping out of bounds on the 2 pt conversion screwed us because then they’re playing for a TD instead of a FG.

Mike McCarthy going for it on 4th down inside the 20 late in the game (and not getting the 1sr) instead of kicking a FG screwed us.

There are plenty of reasons the Cowboys lost this game that had zero to do with the ref’s.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#342 » by Jaydubb » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:02 pm

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:Nobody spends pages complaining about the refs if they don’t feel it was the reason they lost. Most people just say “I don’t usually blame the refs” as a way to point back to and be “see I don’t even blame the refs” later

The ratio of roster, coaching, player performance commentary on the cowboys end compared to reffing is probably like 97%-3% and that 3% are bjj and Mr. B

It’s like

“I’m not racist but”

The ref’s were bad on both sides. I could point a few specific bad calls but I’m sure every Eagles fan here can also point to a few bad calls that went against the Eagles.

The bottom line is the Cowboys screwed themselves though. If the OL didn’t play so bad and they were able to establish the run they wouldn’t have been in a position to require Dak to throw over 40 times. The Cowboys had the ball inside the 10 (1st and 5) with over a minute to go. They attempt 3 straight passes and lose 29 yards. That’s not on the ref’s. That play calling and **** OL play.

Dak stepping out of bounds on the 2 pt conversion screwed us because then they’re playing for a TD instead of a FG.

Mike McCarthy going for it on 4th down inside the 20 late in the game (and not getting the 1sr) instead of kicking a FG screwed us.

There are plenty of reasons the Cowboys lost this game that had zero to do with the ref’s.

Yessir
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#343 » by last stand » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:12 pm

Mr B wrote:

It’s like

“I’m not racist but”

Absolutely

I don’t think you’re one of the people complaining
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#344 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Nov 8, 2023 3:10 am

Apparently unhappy with Rypien's performance, the Rams sign Carson Wentz. :smile:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#345 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:28 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Apparently unhappy with Rypien's performance, the Rams sign Carson Wentz. :smile:

Damn! Rypien must have really sucked for them to sign Wentz.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,463

Post#346 » by azcatz11 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:26 am

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Apparently unhappy with Rypien's performance, the Rams sign Carson Wentz. :smile:

Damn! Rypien must have really sucked for them to sign Wentz.

He's arguably the worst quarterback I've ever seen. Makes Zach Wilson look like Joe Montana.

Return to The General NFL Board